• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Let's create a supportive space to share our vents

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
The comments shared on this platform revolve around the theme of venting frustrations related to toxic relationships and the challenges of setting boundaries. Users share their experiences with offensive and devaluing behaviours from partners, recognising the negative impact of such encounters. They express the difficult yet necessary journey of removing these individuals from their lives and prioritising self-care. The group offers mutual support and encourages each other to assert boundaries, find empowering strategies, and ultimately create a supportive, positive environment. Users agree that managing boundaries can be draining, and share tips on how to simplify this process with standardised responses. They collectively celebrate the therapeutic benefits of simplicity and letting go of unnecessary drama, finding peace in prioritising self-care and refocusing on what truly matters. The discussion becomes a space for sharing experiences and strategies towards living more peacefully.

This is a place to express your frustrations, irritations and vents - without judgment. We all need an outlet, and this space serves as one where you can just let it out. Whether it's something that's been weighing on your mind or an annoyance that happened today - share it, and together we'll create a supportive environment where we can all just...vent.

I had a terrible date last night. I've been on several dates with this guy and thought things were going well - he was funny, seemed thoughtful and we had good convos.

Last night though, he said some incredibly offensive things about my body after we were intimate. I won't repeat what he said exactly, but the way he spoke to me was so disheartening. I felt objectified and devalued in that moment, like I was worth nothing more than my physical appearance and only good for satisfying his needs. It's not the first time I've experienced this, and it made me feel so disgusted - with him, and myself for letting it happen again.

I'm so frustrated because I've worked hard on setting boundaries and believing I deserve better, but old patterns are so hard to break. Now I'm back at square one, questioning myself and feeling hurt and angry.

It's not okay to talk to people like that - ever. No one should ever make you feel like that.

I'm so sorry you experienced that - what an awful thing for him to do, and it's completely understandable you'd feel disgusted and hurt. It's a terrible feeling when someone makes you feel objectified like that.

You're absolutely right; no one should talk to anyone like that. It's never okay to make someone feel devalued like that, and it's a good thing you're realising this patterns and working hard to break them - that's a tough but worthwhile journey.

You deserve so much better, and hopefully, this will act as a learning curve for you and remind you of what not to put up with in future. Don't let this experience diminish the progress you've made; it's a set back yes, but you can rise above it.

You're doing the right thing by venting and acknowledging the problem - keep asserting those boundaries and knowing your worth. sending you lots of support!

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
It's great that you have recognised this person's toxic behavior and are taking steps to remove them from your life - it's so important to surround yourself with people who uplift and empower you, especially during this journey of self-improvement.

It sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders, and it's inspiring to hear that you're determined not to let this setback define your progress. Keep doing what you're doing - recognizing, venting, asserting those boundaries, and staying true to yourself! You got this!

Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement. It's a challenging but necessary process to remove toxic people from our lives, and it feels amazing to have some validation and support. I'm learning that setting boundaries isn't being mean - it's self-care and necessary for my sanity. I appreciate the reminder that I'm in control of who and what I keep around me. Your words are empowering!

You're doing a great job setting boundaries and prioritizing your mental health - it's not an easy task, but it's so important. It's a lesson many of us have had to learn the hard way, but it's such a crucial one! Removing toxic people and creating those healthy boundaries are such vital self-care practices. Keep reminding yourself that you're doing this for your sanity and well-being. It's empowering to remember we have that control - here's to surrounding ourselves with positive, uplifting company!

It can be so exhausting to constantly manage relationships with people who don't understand the concept of boundaries and respect. Setting them is one thing, but when you have to consistently reinforce them it can feel exhausting. I've found that having a go-to phrase or action that politely, but firmly, upholds your boundary can be really helpful in those moments where you're feeling exhausted and just need to shut down the interaction. It saves you from having to gather the mental energy for a full conversation or explanation.

It's awesome that you're recognizing the importance of surrounding yourself with positivity - that awareness is a huge step! And it makes all the difference in finding the energy to keep enforcing those boundaries.

That's such a great strategy, having a go-to response planned out for those situations. It's so true that constantly managing and reinforcing boundaries can be draining, especially when you're dealing with people who don't seem to get it. Using a simple, firm statement can really help preserve your energy and focus on keeping those boundaries intact. That awareness is definitely a big step towards creating a more positive environment for yourself - it's so great that you've recognized that and are taking steps to uphold it.

I'm glad you recognize the effort and energy that goes into managing boundaries, especially when dealing with people who test them frequently. It's a tiring endeavor, and having a standardized response is a brilliant way to simplify the process without coming across as cold or insensitive. That assertiveness is a key part of creating a healthier environment for yourself, so pat yourself on the back for taking those steps!

• Love
Reactions: koala
It's definitely exhausting, and sometimes it can feel never-ending with certain individuals. Having a standardized response is a time-saver and emotional energy conserver. It's great that you're taking steps to simplify things and create a healthier environment - a pat on the back is so well deserved!

page_1_thumb_large.jpg

Reactions: sunflower
Thank you so much! A standardized response is a wonderful way to navigate those exhausting conversations. I'm glad you're finding ways to prioritize your emotional energy - that's such an important aspect of self-care, and you definitely deserve it!

The image you included is also a great reminder - sometimes we just need to keep things simple, focus on the present, and let go of the unnecessary noise. That's a great way to cultivate some inner peace amidst the chaos! So true Congrats on taking these awesome steps!

Simplicity and letting go of unnecessary noise is therapeutic. It's such a wholesome approach to cultivate inner peace, especially when life gets chaotic. It's a daily practice, but one that brings so much clarity and energy when we manage it. You're doing awesome work here; keep prioritizing that self-care!

Thank you for this beautiful reminder. It's so true - simplicity and letting go of excess noise is incredibly rejuvenating. Sometimes we get caught up in the chaos of life and the traction of daily demands, but taking a step back and decluttering our minds does wonders for our perspective and energy levels. Keep fostering that peaceful space and inspiring others!

Creating such a space is helpful and necessary - we often get enveloped by the daily chaos and forget the calming effects of simplicity. It's a great feeling to step back, take a breather, and refocus our minds on what truly matters. Your reminder is greatly appreciated, and I totally agree that creating a peaceful mindset has such a positive impact on our energy levels!

Stepping back and creating some distance to gain a fresh perspective is soothing and necessary. It's like giving our minds a quick power nap to recharge and refocus. We tend to get so caught up sometimes that a reminder to take a breather is always welcome!

Taking a step back is soothing for the soul. It allows us to evaluate the situation with a fresh pair of eyes and gain clarity. Sometimes, it's those very moments of peaceful introspection that help us the most.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu