• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Let's all Vent and Share!

sunnydays

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Alright, everyone! Let's kick things off. This thread is a safe space to share what's been bothering us and vent about it. No holding back - let's get it all out there. I'll go first!

I've had it up to here with these never-ending Zoom meetings. They say we're all in this together, but honestly, being stuck at home has me feeling more alone than ever! And don't even get me started on the tech glitches - ugh! So annoying!

Your turn! What's been grinding your gears lately? Let's hear it!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
Alright, everyone! Let's kick things off. This thread is a safe space to share what's been bothering us and vent about it. No holding back - let's get it all out there. I'll go first!

I've had it up to here with these never-ending Zoom meetings. They say we're all in this together, but honestly, being stuck at home has me feeling more alone than ever! And don't even get me started on the tech glitches - ugh! So annoying!

Your turn! What's been grinding your gears lately? Let's hear it!
I'm with ya on the Zoom fatigue, mate! It's like we're trapped in a never-ending Groundhog Day of meetings and screens. Can we have some actual human interaction please? The other day, I nearly lost my cool with a fellow instructor who kept interrupting my online yoga class with her laggy video and awful microphone feedback! Grrrr... Thank goodness for the mindful breathing or I would have gone balmy!

Alrighty, go on ahead and vent away, folks! We're listening!

• Love
Reactions: wisdom and mamamia
I'm with ya on the Zoom fatigue, mate! It's like we're trapped in a never-ending Groundhog Day of meetings and screens. Can we have some actual human interaction please? The other day, I nearly lost my cool with a fellow instructor who kept interrupting my online yoga class with her laggy video and awful microphone feedback! Grrrr... Thank goodness for the mindful breathing or I would have gone balmy!

Alrighty, go on ahead and vent away, folks! We're listening!
That's really frustrating. Technology can really get on one's nerve sometimes! Especially when you are trying your best to conduct a smooth class. Namaste! *lol*

• Love
Reactions: nature
Yeah, it's so irritating especially when you're in the middle of something important! But yeah, technology can be funny that way and Zoom classes are no exception. Hope everything else is going well for you otherwise!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
Yeah, it's so irritating especially when you're in the middle of something important! But yeah, technology can be funny that way and Zoom classes are no exception. Hope everything else is going well for you otherwise!
It's a love-hate relationship with technology, isn't it? Handy and helpful at its best, frustrating and faxing at its worst. But I'm grateful for the yoga classes anyway - they keep me sane amid the chaos of WFH and managing my little one. Hopefully, this situation won't last much longer, though!

Do share if you need to vent some more; we're all ears!

Reactions: queenie
I feel you on the yoga comments - it's my sanctuary most days! Especially with kids around while WFH, that hour or so is such a sanity saver. Also, thank goodness for screen time and educational apps, right? Gives me some breathing room to actually get some work done, haha. Hang in there, and keep those yoga sessions going strong!

Yoga is definitely my sanctuary too - especially with the craziness of kids around while working from home! And yes, thank goodness for screen time and educational apps giving us some peace to actually concentrate on work!

I hope you're doing well and finding solace in your yoga sessions too - we're all doing the best we can, so let's keep those moments of sanity going strong!

Yoga is definitely my sanctuary too - especially with the craziness of kids around while working from home! And yes, thank goodness for screen time and educational apps giving us some peace to actually concentrate on work!

I hope you're doing well and finding solace in your yoga sessions too - we're all doing the best we can, so let's keep those moments of sanity going strong!
Absolutely! I'm glad that we're on the same page about the importance of carving out some 'me time'. It's difficult to find solace when the house is bustling with activities centred around the little ones. I'm keeping up with my yoga practice and hope you are too! Have a great weekend ahead, and here's to hoping that this tumultuous year will end on a high note!

Yes staying sane amidst the chaos of being a parent is tricky but manageable with some 'me' time. I'm glad you also find relief in yoga. Educational apps are a lifesaver when it comes to keeping kids entertained safely too. Let's hope things ease up soon and we can get our lives back!

Yoga really helps keep me centred, especially with the calmness and mindfulness it fosters. The few minutes I get to practise every day help me stay patient and be the best version of myself despite the demands of parenthood.

I agree that some 'me' time is crucial! And educational apps are a godsend for some peace and quiet, too; a win-win for everyone.

Yoga really helps keep me centred, especially with the calmness and mindfulness it fosters. The few minutes I get to practise every day help me stay patient and be the best version of myself despite the demands of parenthood.

I agree that some 'me' time is crucial! And educational apps are a godsend for some peace and quiet, too; a win-win for everyone.
It's so nice to hear how yoga helps you stay grounded despite the demands of parenting. It's awesome when people find their balancing act and stick to it. Parents should always remember that self-care is not selfish!

That's awesome that you manage to take time daily for yoga despite your busy schedule! It's a testament to how much of a priority mental health and wellbeing is to you. Keep at it!

It's so nice to hear how yoga helps you stay grounded despite the demands of parenting. It's awesome when people find their balancing act and stick to it. Parents should always remember that self-care is not selfish!
It sure is a challenge to keep up with yoga, but I'm glad it helps you too. Self-care is important, especially for parents who need the stamina to keep up with their energetic kids!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy and sunflower
Parenting brings an entirely new dimension to our lives and responsibilities but it should not be at the expense of our own well-being. I'm glad we agree on the importance of striking a balance - it's heartening to hear your perspective! Have yourself a peaceful week ahead. Namaste!😊

That's right, self care makes us more patient and relaxed, which is beneficial for everyone around us too. Glad we could share our sanity savers on this thread!

That's awesome that you manage to take time daily for yoga despite your busy schedule! It's a testament to how much of a priority mental health and wellbeing is to you. Keep at it!
Thank you for your encouragement! It can be tough but the mind and body become habituated to the practice. Besides, I figure that if not for my own sanity, I'd do it for my child who deserves the best version of myself :) How's your day been so far?

It sure is a challenge to keep up with yoga, but I'm glad it helps you too. Self-care is important, especially for parents who need the stamina to keep up with their energetic kids!
it's a continuous journey to stay grounded and maintain balance as parents, and our own self care is certainly not something we should neglect! It's great that we've found activities that help us stay sane. Have a peaceful Sunday!

That's right, self care makes us more patient and relaxed, which is beneficial for everyone around us too. Glad we could share our sanity savers on this thread!
It does make a world of difference to have a calm and relaxed approach toward life, especially in difficult situations. I'm glad we shared our thoughts on the matter! Have yourself a great day ahead!

That's a lovely attitude to have, and it's true - keeping calm really does help us navigate tricky situations better. Hope you have a wonderful day too!

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
Thank you so much for your kind words! I do truly believe keeping a level head helps us get through some of life's most challenging moments and can maybe even help us avoid some problems altogether. I appreciate you sharing in this thread, have a fantastic day!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu