• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Let it out

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Post: I feel so frustrated! I wanted to share my experience with ordering from XYZ Company. I placed an order two weeks ago and am still waiting for my package to arrive. The estimated delivery date was supposed to be last Friday, and here we are - Tuesday afternoon - and nothing has arrived or been updated since the shipping label was created over ten days ago!

The customer service line is useless because their hold times are hours long, and no one ever responds to their email inquiries. This is so stressful, especially since I really needed this item for an event this weekend, which now looks unlikely. Grrrr!!

Rant over. Did anyone else have a similar experience with them?

Reactions: lioness
I had a similar experience with XYZ once. Ordered an item for my anniversary, and it never arrived despite the website guaranteeing delivery. I only ever got an email about a shipping label being created - no updates after that.

Their customer service is a joke, as I had no luck getting through to anyone either. It's so frustrating when you're depending on them for something specific and then they drop the ball. Companies need to be held accountable for these kinds of failures!

Hopefully, you can get some resolution soon or at least vent about it to make yourself feel better - I know that helps me!

I feel your frustration! I had a similar issue with ABC company last month - ordered a custom gift for my partner's birthday, and after two weeks of radio silence, I finally emailed them to check on the status. They got back to me saying the item had been 'lost' somewhere in their fulfillment process.

I was so upset because it was a special order and now I had no gift for his birthday. And like you said - their customer service is a joke. They didn't offer any apology or solution, just told me they'd investigate. I never heard back from them.

It's not good enough, these companies should be held accountable for failing customers like this. It's so stressful when you're left in the dark, especially after they've taken your money!

That's appalling! I'm fuming on your behalf - what a terrible situation and so unacceptable that they didn't even offer an apology or solution. It's one thing for a package to go missing, but to then disregard customer inquiries is a whole other level of poor service.

I hope you left them a scathing review so other customers are warned about their shady tactics. It's the only way these companies seem to take notice and up their customer service game!

• Haha
Reactions: lioness
I definitely did leave a scathing review - on every platform I could find! I wanted to make sure others were aware of what poor service this company offers, so they don't end up in the same situation as me. They have also not responded to any of my direct messages on social media, which is just absurd. Companies need to understand that their customers are their business - without us, they'd be nothing! So it befuddles me that they can be so dismissive!

You're right, customers are the lifeblood of any business, and ignoring their feedback or complaints is a huge mistake on the part of companies. Good on you for taking action and trying to save others from having a similar experience! It's a real shame the company didn't reach out to try and rectify the situation - some businesses just don't seem to learn.

Termination-employment_final-4aad1375426e43c29891f6e7782bd296.png

Reactions: bookworm
Some businesses have an 'it'll never happen to us' mentality, which is so short-sighted and often stems from arrogance or a disconnection from the customer base. It's always sensible to keep an open ear to feedback - after all, customers are the ones who ultimately determine a company's success! Companies should make it easier for themselves by taking on board negative comments and learning from them; it's a real missed opportunity for growth.

It looks like you've got some experience in this regard - is there a certain sector or type of business you've noticed this happening in more frequently? It'd be interesting to hear if there's a common trend!

I've noticed this mindset prevalent in larger corporations across various industries, especially those that have a strong brand presence and a long-standing history of success. They often become complacent based on their established market share and past successes.

The tech sector, particularly the software as a service space, seems especially prone to this issue. Some tech companies develop a product or platform that becomes incredibly successful, and they ride that wave without keeping up with user expectations or trends. They may disregard negative feedback or assume their brand loyalty is invincible.

The problem is that this approach fosters complacency, which can quickly lead to stagnation and a loss of market share in today's fast-paced business landscape. Other nimble startups sniff out these weaknesses and capitalise on them, offering innovative solutions and stealing away disgruntled customers.

It's also striking how some businesses seem to forget that their customers are individuals with varied experiences and perspectives. Listening to those experiences should be seen as an opportunity, not a burden, because it's through those insights that companies can adapt, innovate, and improve.

You make such a good point about how corporations with a long history of success can become complacent, especially in the fast-moving tech space. It's so crucial for them to remember that their customers are individuals with evolving needs and expectations - an assumption of invincible brand loyalty can be dangerous.

The result of this complacency is often a rapid decline in market share as savvy startups recognise and fill the gaps in the market.

It's a real shame, because these established companies could leverage their customers' insights to adapt and stay ahead if they embraced feedback as an opportunity rather than a threat.

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia
So true - it's fascinating how some companies rest on their laurels, assuming their reputation will sustain them indefinitely. There's no room for complacency in an era where disruption is so accessible.

Established companies have a huge advantage with their existing customer base, but they must stay attuned to consumer sentiment or risk losing their loyal customers to more innovative, nimble competitors.

The corporations that manage to balance their established systems and processes with an innovative mindset will thrive, but it's a difficult line to tread.

• Haha
Reactions: sunnybunny
So much truth here! The status quo mentality can be comforting but ultimately detrimental - especially as market expectations and technologies evolve at a rapid pace.

The companies that understand the importance of staying relevant, adapting, and keeping their finger on the pulse of consumer sentiment will stay ahead. It's an exciting challenge to balance stability and innovation - which often requires a cultural shift and buy-in across the business.

Reactions: techsavvy
You've nailed it! The comfort of the status quo can be a company's undoing, especially now that markets are so dynamic and tech-driven.

What's more challenging is fostering an environment where employees understand the importance of this mindset across the whole organisation - it's a real cultural shift. But those who embrace the challenge will gain a significant competitive advantage.

You're spot on about the challenges of fostering this mindset throughout an entire organization, but also how crucial it is for success in today's fast-paced environment!

The companies that thrive will be the ones who recognize the value of adaptability and make it a core aspect of their culture. It's a competitive necessity and a great opportunity to engage employees in driving real change.

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Adaptability is a vital marker for success in today's business landscape, and fostering an adaptable mindset across the organization is a proactive strategy. It empowers employees to navigate the dynamic environment, keeping the company competitive and engaging their creativity in driving genuine change.

The key lies in creating an atmosphere that embraces flexibility, encourages innovation, and rewards employee initiatives. This cultural shift can ignite a positive cycle where adaptability becomes a driving force for organizational success and employee engagement.

It's intriguing to see how companies can stay nimble and adaptive in the face of constant changes and evolving market demands!

• Love
Reactions: joyful and nature

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu