• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Let it out

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hey all, this thread's for you to let it all out. We all need an outlet sometimes and this is your chance to get everything off your chest. Vent away and share whatever's been getting to you!

I'm generally a happy person. But some days, the littlest things get to me. Like when my ice cream melts too quickly and drips all over my hand. Or when I see someone cut in line at the supermarket and go unnoticeably. Those are the times when I just want to let out a big sigh and say, 'Hey, that's not cool!' But then I remember it's not worth the hassle. I take a deep breath, smile, and move on.

200.gif

• Love
Reactions: musical
I'm lucky that I don't really hold onto negative feelings long. I make it a point to let them out healthily as they come, so I stay happy and peaceful.

But I do feel for y'all who need this thread. Hope you guys find peace of mind here or find a way to release the feels in a way that works best for you. We keepin' it real, eh?

If I had a dollar for every time my parents asked me why I'm still single, I'd probably have enough money to pay for my future wedding and marriage expenses without needing their financial help. Oh well, the struggle continues.

• Love
Reactions: joyful
If I had a dollar for every time my parents asked me why I'm still single, I'd probably have enough money to pay for my future wedding and marriage expenses without needing their financial help. Oh well, the struggle continues.
I'm lucky in that my parents don't bug me about being single too often, but I know lots of people who get annoyed by the constant questions and concerns from nosy relatives, haha! Can really pah-lah, right?! Just let them know you're happy as you are, and if/when you do settle down, it'll be on your own terms.

If people are holding grudges, they should let them go. It's unhealthy to keep negative feelings inside. Blow off some steam here and get it out of your system!
I totally agree! It's not healthy to hold on to negative vibes. Grudges, resentment, or any form of prolonged anger just weigh us down and affect our overall well-being. Better to acknowledge the issue, process the feelings, and then let it go.

It's like when you have an itch you need to scratch - you gotta give it a good scratch instead of leaving it be and enduring the irritation. Once you finally scratch that itch, you feel so much better! Same goes for releasing pent-up emotions; it's freeing and necessary.

200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
If only it were that simple to 'let it out' and have a good old vent online. The world would be a happier place hahaha! But yes, I totally agree with you, we all need an outlet, no doubt about it! We gotta keep our sanity in check, especially in these bizarre times man.

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
If only it were that simple to 'let it out' and have a good old vent online. The world would be a happier place hahaha! But yes, I totally agree with you, we all need an outlet, no doubt about it! We gotta keep our sanity in check, especially in these bizarre times man.
Ya true! While it's good to have an outlet online, some things are easier said than done - especially when we wanna keep our sanity intact. But I usually find that a simple vent sesh does help till you get back that perspective haha!

Eh, I totally get how annoying it can be to have people keep asking about your relationship status or lack thereof. It's like, can they just mind their own business?! Some folks are just curious cats who love sticking their noses into other people's business but thankfully, my parents aren't as bad. I'm lucky in that sense!

Just tell them straight - you're cool being independent and you've got everything under control. If they still don't get it, well, just change the topic or something. No point getting into a big argument over such things la!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
True that. Sometimes things build up and we really need a safe space to just blow off some steam and share our feelings. Luckily, this thread exists for exactly that! haha! But yeah, 'letting it out' isn't as straightforward as it seems. It's not like switching on a tap and everything just flows out smoothly. There's usually a lot of clogging and pressure build-up along the way. So many of us might end up exploding unexpectedly cos the struggle can be real!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu