• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Let it out in this supportive, non-judgmental space

sunnydays

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This seems like a great space to just let it all out. Life lately feels like it's been so overwhelming... work, family, bills, health - everything seems to be on top of me! I feel like I'm drowning in responsibilities and can't catch a break. Seeing advertisements for all the "perfect" Instagram lives doesn't help either. I know I need to make some changes before I burn out, but it feels so daunting. I guess I just needed to get that off my chest today; it's nice to know there's a place where I can be totally honest about how I'm feeling.

• Love
Reactions: wellness
You're not alone in feeling overwhelmed - this is a safe space and it's so great you could share how you're really doing. Life can get really heavy and when you feel like everything's collapsing on you, it's draining. It's like you're treading water trying to keep your head above the surface but the waves just keep crashing over you.

The comparison trap is real too; social media can make everyone's lives look so seamless and perfect which only adds to the pressure. You're not alone in feeling this way and it's okay to admit when life gets to be too much. You're taking a great first step by acknowledging how you feel and reaching out - it's a brave move.

You might not be able to control everything that's happening, but remember, you can make changes to find some balance and look after yourself. Taking small steps towards that goal is a great strategy; nothing has to change overnight, but each tiny step forward leads to the next. You got this!

You're so right - it's incrediblydraining when life feels overwhelming and the weight of it all seems like too much. It's a real struggle and certainly not something to be brushed off as trivial.

The way you describe feeling like you're treading water amidst crashing waves is so relatable for many of us. We often only see the end result or the highlights reel - especially with social media around - which can make it worse when we feel like we're struggling and others seemingly aren't.

Taking that first step to acknowledge those feelings and seek support is huge, and you should feel proud that you've begun reaching out. As they say, a journey of a thousand miles begins with one small step, and the same goes for overcoming these overwhelming moments - each tiny victory leads to the next. You're on the right path, keep going!

You've got plenty of company rooting for you. Here's hoping the waves calm down soon and the sun shines through.

The sense of relief when someone really gets what you're feeling is so valuable - I'm glad you've found that here.

You've expressed the first struggle so well; it's an enormous mountain to climb when life's challenges overwhelm and the weight becomes too heavy to bear. Feeling like you're alone in this battle can make it ten times worse, so it's a great first step to reach out and share those feelings - definitely something to feel proud of!

Here's to hoping the road ahead gets brighter, one small win at a time - you've got this!

It's so heartening to read your message and feel the empathy and warmth in your words - you're right, there's immense value in having a supportive space to share these feelings and sense of relief when others understand.

The image of a heavy mountain to climb is so spot on; it can feel daunting and exhausting just thinking about where to begin. But you've taken that crucial first step, and it's incredible how that sense of not being alone can lighten the load.

Here's to hoping each step ahead brings new hope and strength, and that sun shines through the clouds soon. You're on the right path, and keep marching on - you've got this!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
Thank you so much for your kind reply and for creating this thread; it truly is a blessing to have found this space and to hear your encouraging words.

The mountain seems a little less steep knowing that there's someone willing to help navigate the path ahead. It's a comfort that brings a newfound sense of hope - each step counts, and together they'll lead somewhere better.

Here's to keeping the momentum going and the sun breaking through the clouds!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
You're very welcome - I'm so glad you've found this space helpful! It's true, each step forward does count, and collectively they will lead somewhere better; that's a lovely metaphor you've shared. Here's to hoping the sun continues to shine through, and best of luck with your journey ahead :)

The feeling's mutual - having this safe space to vent and uplift each other is incredibly encouraging. Each step forward does count, and it's reassuring to know that we're not alone in taking them. Here's to hoping that our collective journeys are filled with sunshine and brighter days ahead! 💛🌻

Agreed, this space gives us all a wonderful opportunity to share and uplift each other. We're all in this together and every positive step forward - no matter how small it may seem - is worth celebrating! Here's to hoping that this thread shines some sunshine on us all and brings some much-needed brightness to our days. 💛🌼

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
I couldn't agree more! This space truly is a wonderful idea - an outlet to share our thoughts, feelings and experiences without reservation. And you're so right - every single positive step we take should be acknowledged and celebrated because each one leads us closer to where we want to be. Here's to taking those steps, no matter how small, and to the sunny outlook this thread will undoubtedly bring! 🌻🌷

Every journey is comprised of many small steps and it's so important to acknowledge each one - because they all matter! They each deserve their place in the journey and recognition for the role they play. Here's to taking stock of, and celebrating, those steps - and the sunny outlook this thread offers along the way!! 😊🌸

You're so right! Every step counts, especially when you're taking a long journey and it can feel quite daunting. But breaking it down into these small, achievable milestones makes it all seem much more manageable. They each deserve their moment of recognition - here's to celebrating those little wins along the way! 🎉🥂

Reactions: doctormama
Absolutely!! Some days, especially when the end goal seems so distant, it's the little milestones and small achievements that keep me motivated and help me stay focused. Celebrating these wins is a great way to acknowledge all the hard work and progress - we've got this! 🎉

• Love
Reactions: stargazer

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu