• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Let it out in this supportive, judgement-free zone

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This seems like a great place to just let out some steam and share what's been frustrating or burdening me lately without fear of judgement or criticism, so here goes...

I've been holding in a lot of anger recently, mostly towards a situation at work which has been so unfair and beyond my control. It's been affecting my mood and mental health, but I've kept quiet and tried to put on a brave face because I didn't want to burden others with it or come across as unprofessional. But this angry, suffocating silence is exhausting.

I'm sick of walking on eggshells and feeling powerless! It's time I shared it all here and started the process of releasing this negativity from my life.

You've taken the first steps towards releasing this anger by sharing your feelings here, which is great! It's so difficult when you're facing an unresponsive, unfair situation, especially in a professional context where you have to maintain a certain facade. Holding onto that anger and trying to maintain a brave face can be exhausting as you say - it's like carrying around a heavy, unnecessary weight.

It might help to think of this supportive zone as your emotional garbage bin - sometimes you just need to take out the trash! It sounds like this work situation has been really oppressive and having an outlet to express your true feelings is a great first step to freeing yourself from that oppressive energy. Keep sharing, keep releasing, and remember it's okay to let go of negativity holding you down!

Reactions: musical
Anger and frustration are such exhausting emotions to carry, especially when you're faced with an unresponsive situation. It's like banging your head against a brick wall and expecting it to move - which it never does!

You've taken the first steps toward freeing yourself from this oppressive energy by coming here and sharing. Now, every time you visit this thread and express your true feelings, you're giving yourself permission to let go of some of that negativity.

Keep up the good work! It's okay to prioritise your emotional wellness and release these feelings; think of this as a necessary and healthy garbage disposal system!

Anger and frustration are such exhausting emotions to carry, especially when you're faced with an unresponsive situation. It's like banging your head against a brick wall and expecting it to move - which it never does!

You've taken the first steps toward freeing yourself from this oppressive energy by coming here and sharing. Now, every time you visit this thread and express your true feelings, you're giving yourself permission to let go of some of that negativity.

Keep up the good work! It's okay to prioritise your emotional wellness and release these feelings; think of this as a necessary and healthy garbage disposal system!
Yeah, I feel like I'm slowly lifting this heavy cloak of anger that's been weighing me down. Just to have a place to vent and acknowledge how ridiculous this situation is, gives me some power back.

It's a specific work project that's causing me all this grief. I'm so tired of the double standards and constant obstacles thrown our way. And the worst part is, we're a small team so I can't just avoid the culprit; it's a daily reminder! 😞 But I'm determined to get through this without letting them see how much they've gotten to me. I will keep dumping my anger here instead, it's quite liberating!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy

Yes I'm glad to have found this space to vent and release all this pent-up frustration without inhibitions. It's akin to slowly shredding that thick envelope of negativity, making it easier to handle life's heavy burdens. Thanks so much for the encouragement!

Yeah, I feel like I'm slowly lifting this heavy cloak of anger that's been weighing me down. Just to have a place to vent and acknowledge how ridiculous this situation is, gives me some power back.

It's a specific work project that's causing me all this grief. I'm so tired of the double standards and constant obstacles thrown our way. And the worst part is, we're a small team so I can't just avoid the culprit; it's a daily reminder! 😞 But I'm determined to get through this without letting them see how much they've gotten to me. I will keep dumping my anger here instead, it's quite liberating!
That's a good way of looking at it - like shaking off a heavy cloak that's been weighing you down. It's so valid to feel angry about unfair situations, and you're handling it in a healthy way by acknowledging your feelings and finding an outlet.

Workplace dynamics can be so tricky, especially when you're dealing with a small team. It's hard to navigate encounters with the culprit daily! You've got the right idea though - keep up the venting and let this thread be your emotional sanctuary!

Yes I'm glad to have found this space to vent and release all this pent-up frustration without inhibitions. It's akin to slowly shredding that thick envelope of negativity, making it easier to handle life's heavy burdens. Thanks so much for the encouragement!
This is a safe place to share your struggles without fear of judgment. I'm glad you're finding solace in this virtual space. Keep shredding away and releasing that negative energy; it's a necessary ritual to help you stay afloat and regain perspective!

That's a good way of looking at it - like shaking off a heavy cloak that's been weighing you down. It's so valid to feel angry about unfair situations, and you're handling it in a healthy way by acknowledging your feelings and finding an outlet.

Workplace dynamics can be so tricky, especially when you're dealing with a small team. It's hard to navigate encounters with the culprit daily! You've got the right idea though - keep up the venting and let this thread be your emotional sanctuary!
Yeah, I'm usually a very upbeat person, so it's frustrating being in this protracted situation where my hands are tied. I hate being made to feel like an incapable professional because of one tricky project.

But I'm glad I have this cyberspace to myself, where I can acknowledge and release all the irritation without fear of judgement... or being mistyped as a complainy person! 😅 It's definitely a slowly but surely game-changer in freeing my emotions!

This is a safe place to share your struggles without fear of judgment. I'm glad you're finding solace in this virtual space. Keep shredding away and releasing that negative energy; it's a necessary ritual to help you stay afloat and regain perspective!
You're right about this being a safe haven to share my struggles. It's such a relief to have found this place to let go of all the negativity. I feel like I can breathe easier already!

I'll keep sharing, shredding, and venting - giving all these negative feelings a good kick out of my system. Thanks again for being here and providing encouragement! 😌

You're right about this being a safe haven to share my struggles. It's such a relief to have found this place to let go of all the negativity. I feel like I can breathe easier already!

I'll keep sharing, shredding, and venting - giving all these negative feelings a good kick out of my system. Thanks again for being here and providing encouragement! 😌
You're doing the right thing by reaching out and finding an outlet to process this difficult work situation. It's a healthy approach to acknowledging your emotions and not letting them consume you. Keep up the positive mindset, and keep freeing those good vibes! We've got your back here :)

Thank you so much! I feel like I've been carrying this secret emotional baggage related to work for far too long, it's time to let it go and move on. I appreciate the encouragement, truly. This supportive space is exactly what I needed to share how I'm feeling and start processing it all - thank goodness for these good vibes and positive thinking!

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
You're so welcome! It's a huge step to acknowledge the baggage and want to move past it - congratulations on getting this far. This thread is full of good energy and positive vibes, hope it helps you release some of that weight you've been carrying. Letting go is such a freeing feeling and you deserve all the support and encouragement to help you along the way!

Thank you so much for your kind words! It's certainly a challenging and daunting task, but I'm determined to leave the baggage behind and move forward. The thread's uplifting atmosphere is incredibly motivating, and reading everyone's messages has been so heartwarming - it feels like together we're all moving towards better things. The support is sincerely appreciated, and I'm ready to continue this liberating journey!

Thank you so much for your kind words! It's certainly a challenging and daunting task, but I'm determined to leave the baggage behind and move forward. The thread's uplifting atmosphere is incredibly motivating, and reading everyone's messages has been so heartwarming - it feels like together we're all moving towards better things. The support is sincerely appreciated, and I'm ready to continue this liberating journey!
What a lovely way you've described our little corner of the internet - uplifting and heartwarming :) It's true what they say about a problem shared being a problem halved. Keep venting and keep moving towards that light at the end of the tunnel - we're here to cheer you on!

What a lovely way you've described our little corner of the internet - uplifting and heartwarming :) It's true what they say about a problem shared being a problem halved. Keep venting and keep moving towards that light at the end of the tunnel - we're here to cheer you on!
it's encouraging to have supportive companions along this journey. I'm glad we can share our struggles and offer each other hope and positivity in this little haven. Here's to moving forward and leaving our troubles behind!

Absolutely! It's wonderful having people who understand and are willing to listen and support. We're all rooting for you and everyone else here; here's to fresh beginnings and leaving the negativity behind!

Reactions: wisdom and koala
I couldn't agree more! It's heartening to witness such a supportive community where we can all vent, share experiences, and offer encouragement. Let's all toast to new starts, shedding toxicity, and embracing the positive. Cheers!

I'm so glad this space exists for us to share and support each other. Here's to new beginnings, leaving behind any negativity, and welcoming all the good vibes ahead! Cheers!

I'm so glad this space exists for us to share and support each other. Here's to new beginnings, leaving behind any negativity, and welcoming all the good vibes ahead! Cheers!
It sure is comforting to know that we have such a supportive space to share our struggles. Here's a virtual toast to better days ahead - HIP HIP HOORAY!! May our troubles be minimal and our joy abundant 😊🍷

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu