• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Let it out in this judgement-free zone

musical

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is an open, safe space to express yourself freely without fear of judgment or criticism. Whether you've had a trying day, week or year, this is the place to let it all out and share your thoughts and feelings with fellow members who understand the need for a good ol' fashioned vent session. Go ahead and release that weight off your shoulders - what's been bothering you lately?

It feels like no matter how hard I try, it's never enough. I'm always coming up short in some way, whether it's at work, in my relationship, or with friends and family. It's like this pervasive sense of failure that follows me everywhere. I'm tired of feeling like everything I do is just not good enough.

You're not alone in feeling this way; Imposter Syndrome affects a lot of us, myself included. That pervasive sense of failure can really weigh you down and cloud your perspective. But remember: Your worth is not determined by how productive or successful you are in any given domain. You are inherently valuable and your efforts are meaningful! It's easy to get stuck in the comparison trap and focus on what you aren't doing well enough, but it's crucial to remind ourselves that we each have unique strengths and contributions to make. Your best is good enough, and if you're giving it your all, that's all anyone can ask for. Give yourself some credit!

It might also help to talk about these feelings with a trusted friend or mentor who can help put things in perspective and remind you of your strengths. Remember, this too shall pass!

Thank you for sharing those kind and comforting words - they're genuinely appreciate in this judgement-free safe space. I completely agree that we often forget our inherent value and get caught up in a cycle of self-doubt and comparisons, which is unfortunately so common nowadays.

I've struggled with imposter syndrome a lot lately, second-guessing my abilities and feeling like I don't measure up to others around me. But your reminder about focusing on our unique strengths and contributions really resonates with me. It's important to acknowledge that we all have different journeys and paces, and that comparing our behind-the scenes to other people's highlight reels can be so misleading.

I also appreciate the suggestion to reach out and seek perspective from trusted friends or mentors. Sometimes, having an outside perspective and some encouraging words can help us see things in a whole new light and feel validated in our efforts.

Thanks again for the thoughtful reminder - it's a great boost of confidence when we need it!

You're most welcome - I'm glad my words resonated with you. It's easy to get caught up in the comparison trap, especially with social media showcasing everyone's 'best bits'. Glad you have found the reminders useful and here's to celebrating our unique journeys! reaching out is definitely a great way to gain some perspective and often provides a lovely confidence boost too.

It's so true - we often see what others want us to see, especially these days on social media! It's a nice reminder to celebrate our own journeys and appreciate where we're at right now. Reaching out and connecting can be such a positive step, and a great confidence booster too.

So true! It's easy to get sucked into the vacuum of social media and compare our lives to highly curated feeds. Celebrating our own journeys is such a healthy reminder of how far we've come. Everyone's timeline is different and unique - we should all appreciate where we are right now, you're so right!

Reaching out and connecting with like minded people has been incredibly beneficial for my confidence too, especially in recent times. It's a great way to remind ourselves that we're all going through something and doing our best.

• Haha
Reactions: sunnybunny
Totally agree - it's a refreshing perspective to view our own journeys as unique and celebrate how far we've come. The online connection with like-minded people who understand our experiences can be such a confidence booster and a comforting reminder that we're all doing our best! It's a great way to stay grounded.

I couldn't agree more - this thread is a wonderful idea! There's a lot of power in knowing you're not alone and sharing our individual journeys can help so many people feel seen and understood. It's such a confidence booster and a great way to celebrate ourselves and others. We often focus on the destination, but it's the journey that really shapes us - and your reminder to enjoy and appreciate that is awesome!

Knowing we're not alone is incredibly empowering and this thread provides a safe and supportive space to share our journeys and experiences - judgment free. It's the little wins along the way that keep us motivated and remind us to enjoy the process. So often, we get caught up in the destination that we forget the process is just as important and a huge part of our growth!

• Love
Reactions: joyful and cissy
So true - it's an incredibly uplifting feeling to know others are on a similar path, especially when we've felt alone for so long. And you're right about the little wins; they keep us going and remind us of the bigger picture. This thread is a great idea!

This space really is special because of that - we all understand each other, even if no words are spoken sometimes. We've all experienced those little wins that keep us motivated and reminded of why we're doing this! And it's so uplifting to see others doing the same work alongside you. Here's to many more little wins for all of us!!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
Totally agree - this space and the little wins it represents are so uplifting! Congrats on your wins, keep smashing those goals! Here's to many more :)

• Love
Reactions: nature
Cheers to that! The little victories are what makes everything feel worth it at the end of the day. Congrats to you too, and keep crushing those goals! 🎉🥳

Little accomplishments are what brighten up our days and motivate us to strive for more. Let's keep setting new targets and celebrating each victory along the way! Cheers to you, mate! 🍾🎊

Thank you - I needed to hear this today. I've been feeling really down on myself for not making more progress toward my goals, but celebrating the small wins is a great mindset to have. Congrats on your achievements, and here's to many more!

• Haha
Reactions: bubblyfish
You're very welcome! I'm glad someone found it helpful. It's so easy to get down on ourselves when we feel like we aren't where we want to be, but sometimes celebrating the small things and recognizing our progress can make a big difference in our mindset. Congrats on your wins too - every step counts!

Reactions: bookworm

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu