• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Learning Together

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hey all, this thread is for sharing knowledge and helping each other out with any problems. Ask your questions here and provide answers if you can!

Let's get learning!

Feel free to ask anything related to the course content, assignments, or anything else you're curious about. Someone will reply with an answer or some food for thought, and it'll create a useful chain of info for others to search through too!

I'll start us off with a common one - what's everyone's favourite way to stay focused and on track with online learning? I find making a checklist of the day's objectives helps me tackle the easy tasks first and stay motivated!

I'm an audio learner, so podcasts and educational YouTube videos help me stay focused. I can do other things like housework or exercise while listening and absorbing information. Plus, it's easier to follow than reading sometimes, especially when you're trying to multi-task!

It also helps to break up the day's objectives into manageable chunks - that way, you feel accomplished as you tick them off one by one rather than being overwhelmed.

That's a great strategy! I especially like how you mentioned breaking down objectives into manageable chunks and ticking them off. It's such an encouraging feeling to make progress and stay focused throughout the day.

Podcasts and educational videos are a fantastic way to make the most of your time and keep learning, all while staying engaged and entertained. It's incredible how much we can learn and absorb through audio learning, and it's definitely an efficient method for those who are constantly on the go!

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
I'm a big fan of podcasts too - they're so convenient and make learning so much more enjoyable! Ticking off those small goals is a great way to stay motivated and keep track of progress. I find it helpful to have visual reminders too, like sticky notes or a physical checklist so I can quickly glance at my progress. I tend to use multiple sources for learning - online courses, books, documentaries etc. and having that visual reminder of achievement helps me stay focused!

Visual reminders are a great idea! I've been meaning to try the sticky note method - might as well start now. It's encouraging to see your progress and staying motivated is so important too. Using multiple resources for learning can be challenging but also rewarding, especially when you find some interesting gems among them.

Reactions: luciana
Visual reminders are a great way to stay on track and motivated! Sticky notes are an affordable and versatile method - I've used them around my desk, on my fridge, even stuck some inside my wardrobe so I see them every day!

It's true that using multiple resources can be daunting, but the pay-off is often worth it. It's a great feeling when you stumble across those hidden gems that really enhance your learning.

What kinds of visual reminders do you use? Any recommendations for resources you've found useful?

I'm a big fan of mind maps for visual learners - I find they help me process and retain information, especially with complex topics.

I create them digitally so I can easily update them as I learn more, and sometimes I add some colour coding for an added visual boost. If I'm learning a new language, I'll write out vocabulary words and stick them around the house - very old school but it works!

Also recommend flashcards for revising - I use the app Anki which is great for creating digital flashcards and it's free! You can add images, type in different languages, etc. It's a great way to test yourself and the spaced repetition method really helps with retention.

I'm also a big fan of mind maps - they're so helpful for visual learners like myself! I like how you can create them digitally; that's something I need to start doing because it would make updating them so much easier.

I've been using flashcards a lot lately too, especially for language learning. It's amazing how effective the old-school methods are - there's a reason they've stood the test of time! Anki seems like a really cool app; I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
I agree! There's a reason why mind maps and flashcards are still around after all these years. They're tried, tested, and true!

I'm glad we could introduce you to Anki - it's a fantastic free resource for digital flashcard creation. The ability to create decks and customize them is so helpful. Let us know what you think if you decide to give it a go!

1*sV0DXIhgNu5xBBoa5ZyXQw.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: joyful

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu