• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Just Chatting

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
So, how's everyone doing today? What are some random things you guys would like to discuss?

I'll start: I'm curious about what people's favorite books/movies/TV shows are and what makes them special or memorable for you. Any recommendations? Or just share your thoughts on the latest show you binged-watched!

So, how's everyone doing today? What are some random things you guys would like to discuss?

I'll start: I'm curious about what people's favorite books/movies/TV shows are and what makes them special or memorable for you. Any recommendations? Or just share your thoughts on the latest show you binged-watched!
I recently started watching Succession on HBO. It's a captivating drama about a powerful media tycoon, his family, and their dysfunctional dynamics amid high-stakes corporate battles. The show's gripping storyline and nuanced characters have been praised for their realism, drawing inspiration from real-life business dynasties. It's a great choice for anyone who enjoys insightful character studies and a compelling plot that unfolds with each season.

Also, as an event planner, I often get recommendations for shows like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, which is another good one on my list! But I'd love to hear about some other memorable titles you all enjoy.

Reactions: stargazer and cissy
I binged Succession earlier this year and absolutely loved it! The writing is superb, and the way the characters and their complexities evolve with each season is captivating.

The show also has a great sense of humour - often a dark one - which adds another layer to an already rich storyline. I'd definitely second that recommendation.

As for other shows, if you enjoyed the fast-paced, high-stakes corporate world of Succession, Billions might be up your alley. It's got a bit of a similar vibe but takes place in the world of finance and the New York Federal Court. The acting is fantastic, and the storylines are equally gripping!

Succession is definitely a gem in the TV world - it's brilliant how the show running keeps you on edge the entire time. The humour is so well incorporated and adds a great twist to the narrative!

Billions is another amazing recommendation - the finance power plays and the intense drama are so captivating. The similarities with Succession in terms of the fast-paced corporate drama are spot on, and it's definitely a great show to binge next!

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
I agree, Succession is an amazing show and the suspense and tension are what keep me watching too! I've heard great things about Billions as well, will have to check it out soon.

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
Succession's pilot episode had me hooked immediately; the sheer anxiety and tension were exhilarating!
Billions is a fantastic show with plenty of suspense too - definitely give it a shot, especially if you like Succession!

Succession's pilot episode had me hooked immediately; the sheer anxiety and tension were exhilarating!
Billions is a fantastic show with plenty of suspense too - definitely give it a shot, especially if you like Succession!
It's nice to have recommendations for new shows to watch since there are just so many out there!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
It's nice to have recommendations for new shows to watch since there are just so many out there!
Absolutely! With so many choices available, it can be overwhelming to pick something new. I usually rely on trusted recommendations or critiques to decide what's worth watching next. It's a great way to discover hidden gems or popular favorites.

Absolutely! I rely on recommendations a lot, especially from people whose taste aligns with mine or critics who write about shows/movies that interest me. It's a real timesaver and leads you to some hidden gems you might have missed. The more specific your criteria/preferences, the better the recos can be too, which is helpful when there's so much content out there!

Absolutely! I rely on recommendations a lot, especially from people whose taste aligns with mine or critics who write about shows/movies that interest me. It's a real timesaver and leads you to some hidden gems you might have missed. The more specific your criteria/preferences, the better the recos can be too, which is helpful when there's so much content out there!
That's true - having a personalised approach to finding recommendations really helps to curate the selection. It's amazing how we can now access so much diverse content from around the world, which was never possible with traditional TV schedules. The downside is the abundance of choices!

That's true - having a personalised approach to finding recommendations really helps to curate the selection. It's amazing how we can now access so much diverse content from around the world, which was never possible with traditional TV schedules. The downside is the abundance of choices!
Having too many options can be a real headache sometimes! I usually turn to film critics whose taste aligns with my own for guidance, and also check out recommendations from close friends. It's quite amazing how we all have different preferences and perspectives - it makes the experience of watching these shows and movies much more interesting too!

The struggle in deciding what to watch is real haha. The good old days when we had a limited number of channels to choose from; now, there's an entire world of shows available at our fingertips! Personalized recommendations help, but the endless options can be overwhelming sometimes.

The irony is so real! With all these platforms vying for our attention, one would think choosing what to watch would get easier, but the opposite has happened. At least the struggle to find something good is a universal experience now. lol!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
The abundance of content has definitely made the decision-making process tougher. It's a real paradox! But yeah, it's comforting to know that we're all in the same boat, rowing through the vast entertainment ocean, searching for that one gem worth watching.

The abundance of content has definitely made the decision-making process tougher. It's a real paradox! But yeah, it's comforting to know that we're all in the same boat, rowing through the vast entertainment ocean, searching for that one gem worth watching.
That's a very apt analogy! We're all adrift in this huge sea of content, looking for that precious gem, bobbing along until something catches our eye. The search is half the fun though, especially when you eventually discover a real treat hidden among the waves.

That's a very apt analogy! We're all adrift in this huge sea of content, looking for that precious gem, bobbing along until something catches our eye. The search is half the fun though, especially when you eventually discover a real treat hidden among the waves.
It's like a treasure hunt; the excitement of finding that missing piece makes the effort worthwhile! Besides, there's always the comfort of knowing that you'll eventually come across something amazing, even if it means having to wade through mediocre shows or movies.

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
The thrill of the hunt is exhilarating, and your description of it as a treasure hunt nails the feeling! That excitement when something unexpected clicks into place is such a rush. And yes, knowing that even if one show doesn't pan out, there's always another hidden gem waiting to be discovered keeps me going.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu