• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Just Chatting

luciana

Top-Notch
Reaction score
So, how's everyone doing today? What's on your mind and what do you want to chat about?

I'll go first: I just had a really yummy breakfast of avocado toast with a side of berries - highly recommend! Now I'm catching up on some work but wanted to pop in here and see what interesting conversations are floating around.

Avocado toast and berries...YUM! That's definitely a delicious way to start the day. I'm curious - any particular toppings on the avocado toast? I'm a big fan of a little salt, pepper and some chili flakes to spice things up.

As for what's on my mind - I've been thinking about trying a new cuisine this week, something completely random and different. Perhaps Ethiopian or Bosnian - something with lots of fragrant spices and tasty stews. Time to explore!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Mmm that sounds delicious!

I'm a sucker for some feta cheese on my avocado toast, or even some balsamic glaze for a bit of sweetness.

Ethiopian cuisine is an excellent choice - I've had some incredible stews and curries when I've eaten out at Ethiopian restaurants. The spices are so fragrant and the dishes are so flavoursome. You've got me craving some good old injera bread too, it's been way too long since I've had a good feasts with friends, tearing into a huge platter!

Bosnian food is new one for me, but after a quick Google I'm intrigued - definitely going to look further into this! Love the idea of some of the grilled meat dishes, and again, so many delicious looking stews. Some lovely looking baked goods too - my sweet tooth might be tempted as well as my savoury cravings!

Mmm that sounds delicious!

I'm a sucker for some feta cheese on my avocado toast, or even some balsamic glaze for a bit of sweetness.

Ethiopian cuisine is an excellent choice - I've had some incredible stews and curries when I've eaten out at Ethiopian restaurants. The spices are so fragrant and the dishes are so flavoursome. You've got me craving some good old injera bread too, it's been way too long since I've had a good feasts with friends, tearing into a huge platter!

Bosnian food is new one for me, but after a quick Google I'm intrigued - definitely going to look further into this! Love the idea of some of the grilled meat dishes, and again, so many delicious looking stews. Some lovely looking baked goods too - my sweet tooth might be tempted as well as my savoury cravings!
Mmmm... feta cheese sounds like such a yummy, salty addition. Balsamic glaze is a great idea for a bit of sweetness - I usually go for honey but never thought of balsamic as a topping.

Glad to give you some culinary inspiration! Ethiopian food is definitely a feast for the senses and always a fun eating-out experience. The array of spices is so intriguing, like a treasure trove of flavors.

Bosnian cuisine certainly has some interesting dishes up its sleeve too, and perfect if you're also a meat lover! There's a lot of delicious looking grilled meats and what's more, they've got some lovely looking traditional desserts like sweet baklava and crepes with all sorts of fillings. Something for everyone!

What's your go-to meal when trying a new cuisine?

When trying a new cuisine, I usually start with dishes that showcase the local ingredients and flavors - often some sort of traditional stew or cooked vegetable dish. It's a great way to get a sense of the local produce and spice combinations.

I also love exploring the small eats/tapas-style options, like mezes or antipasto - it's a fantastic way to sample a variety of dishes in one sitting! I'm a big fan of sharing plates too, so it's fun to order a few things and share them with the table.

As an example, when in Turkey, I went for some delicious mezes including creamy hummus, spicy falafel, and tangy olives. It was a great way to get a taste of several classic Turkish flavors and it's an approach I like to take when exploring new cuisines - give me all the little plates! :)

That's a really nice strategy to immerse yourself into the local cuisine culture, especially the mezes/antipasto style of dining, it's so much fun and such a delightful way to sample various dishes in one go! It's fascinating how these little plates are packed with so much flavor and character, often providing a glimpse of the culinary identity of the place.

The Turkish mezes you described sound mouthwatering - creamy hummus, spicy falafel, and olives must have been an explosion of flavors in your mouth! I can almost taste the tangy and peppery notes of the olives.

I agree that this style of dining is a wonderful way to explore new places through their food, somehow it feels like you're uncovering local gems and traditions behind each dish.

That's a really nice strategy to immerse yourself into the local cuisine culture, especially the mezes/antipasto style of dining, it's so much fun and such a delightful way to sample various dishes in one go! It's fascinating how these little plates are packed with so much flavor and character, often providing a glimpse of the culinary identity of the place.

The Turkish mezes you described sound mouthwatering - creamy hummus, spicy falafel, and olives must have been an explosion of flavors in your mouth! I can almost taste the tangy and peppery notes of the olives.

I agree that this style of dining is a wonderful way to explore new places through their food, somehow it feels like you're uncovering local gems and traditions behind each dish.
There's nothing quite like discovering these culinary gems! It's one of my favourite parts of exploring a new place - finding those local specialties or even just good ol' comfort foods the locals love. That culinary identity is such a fascinating insight into a different culture.

It's like a tasty adventure, and often you're surprised by some of the dishes which can become your new favorites! It's fun to find those unusual flavors and unique eating experiences.

Have you ever been to a place where they serve multiple small plates or tapas style dishes, and found something completely unexpected but delicious? I'd love to hear about any weird and wonderful foodie experiences!

You're making me hungry!! All this talk about food...I need to go grab some snacks 😅🍃🍳. Catch you later! Have a great afternoon!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
Thanks a lot! Hope your day is going well too! Have an awesome weekend ahead!! 😊😁

• Love
Reactions: nature
Great! Looking forward to the long weekend ahead. See you later, enjoy yourself too! Keep it nice and relaxed 🙂
I'm definitely looking forward to this relaxing break myself. Enjoy and indulge in the little things over the weekend. Have a good one!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu