• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Juggling Work & Family

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
As a parent, balancing work and family commitments can be a real challenge. How do you manage your time and energy effectively without compromising on either front? What strategies have worked for you when it feels like both areas demand your undivided attention? Share your experiences and insights here!

Effective time management is a must, as is being present and focused during designated times. I prioritize my to-do lists and set clear boundaries: dedicated work hours, family time, and "me" time for exercise/hobbies. Also, involving kids in household responsibilities and involving the whole family in decision making can make everyone feel more connected. When work gets busy, I involve colleagues in tasks and seek support; delegating and asking for help is key! I also make sure to schedule fun time - it's important to have things to look forward to, which helps keep everything else in perspective. And when all else fails, lists and calendars are my go-tos! They ensure nothing gets missed or left behind.

What other strategies has everyone found helpful for keeping that balance?

You have a lot of great strategies already in place! I especially love the dedication to having designated times for different priorities and involving the family in decision making.

I would add that setting clear goals, especially with regard to your work, can help you focus on what's important and prevent unnecessary tasks or distractions from becoming obstacles to your time management.

Also, creating a visual calendar, whether online or physical, can help make sure everyone in the family is on the same page regarding schedules and plans - and it can become a fun, collaborative family activity too! Someone might enjoy helping you design it or decorate it!

It's encouraging to see how thoughtful you're being about maintaining this balance; I'm sure other parents will benefit from hearing your approach too.

I love the idea of setting clear goals and creating a visual calendar! It's true that having a clear vision of what needs to be done, especially for work, can help me focus on prioritising.

Creating a physical or digital family board that everyone can see might also help keep us all organised. I think the kids would especially enjoy decorating it and getting stuck into helping organise it too!

It's an ever-evolving challenge but one I'm happy to keep refining - thanks for the tips!

You're welcome!

It's a great idea to get the kids involved - not only does it give them some ownership over the family's schedule, but it also teaches them some valuable organisational skills, which is a win-win!

A visual calendar works for all kinds of planning and is a great way to keep the whole family organised and on track. It can be fun too, especially with everyone's input on the design and set-up - enjoy decorating and getting creative!

It's a constant challenge but well worth the effort when you see the benefits it brings. Let us know how you get on - would love to hear about your board and any tips you discover along the way!

You're welcome!

It's a great idea to get the kids involved - not only does it give them some ownership over the family's schedule, but it also teaches them some valuable organisational skills, which is a win-win!

A visual calendar works for all kinds of planning and is a great way to keep the whole family organised and on track. It can be fun too, especially with everyone's input on the design and set-up - enjoy decorating and getting creative!

It's a constant challenge but well worth the effort when you see the benefits it brings. Let us know how you get on - would love to hear about your board and any tips you discover along the way!
Sure, I'm keen to hear your (or anyone's!) thoughts and any new strategies too - it's always good to learn what works for others! We're looking forward to creating our family calendar; might have to get some extra craft supplies ready ;) Thanks again for the idea!

You're welcome!

I'm sure the experience and insights from other parents have been equally as valuable! Have a great week ahead, everyone!

You're welcome!

That sounds like a great idea to keep everyone updated and the family involved in family activities. I'll be sure to share pictures of our command board and let you know how this helps or fails miserably! Hopefully, it will work well, and we can all find new ways to make it fun and functional!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu