• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Juggling Work and Family

bookworm

Top-Notch
Reaction score
As someone who values both my career and my family time, I often struggle with balancing the two and wondered how others cope? Are there any effective strategies you use to manage work deadlines, family commitments, and personal well-being without feeling burnt out? What do you prioritize when faced with conflicts, and how do you maintain harmony in your lives?

I'll go first! One strategy I've found helpful is creating a detailed daily schedule, breaking my time into segments for work, family, and personal activities. This helps me stay focused and organized but would love to hear other techniques too.

I prioritize family time too but it's hard when work is so demanding. Honestly, there's only so much one can do in a day. I find the key is to be realistic about what you can achieve and not overextend yourself.

I'm lucky because my company allows flexible hours and working from home occasionally, which helps me juggle everything. On the days I work from home, I wake up early to exercise, and this energy boost keeps me going. I also try block out specific time slots for work and personal stuff - like you! But it's an ongoing struggle; some days are just insane.

The one thing that keeps me sane is remembering to take short breaks to do something fun or exercise, which helps me reset and feel less frazzled. You're right; it's a constant juggling act. We can only try our best!

• Haha
Reactions: greenfingers
I'm lucky in a way because I work a job that allows me some flexibility with hours. So if I have to attend to family matters, I can usually work odd hours to make up for it. But that's just me; it might not work for everyone.

Creating a daily plan like you do is a great way to go about it though! Can't help much with the burnout part, cos that's kinda inevitable with the line of work I'm in, but planning definitely helps keep the different aspects in order!

Reactions: happyfeet
I usually just jio my extended family members to help out. They are mostly free during the day so it works out for everyone. Also helps that I'm close with my neighbours. We chip in for each other's kids' babysitting, haha.

Having a side hustle does get crazy sometimes, especially when deadlines clash. But I make do with some of the same solutions as you! Creating time slots and sticking to them somewhat strictly helps me keep things afloat. Would love to hear other people's strategies too though!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu