• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Juggling Act

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Balancing work and our personal lives can sometimes feel like a three ring circus! What do you all do to keep the various aspects of your life juggled successfully?

Do you have any strategies for keeping work at bay when you're 'clocking out'? How do you find time for self care, and what do you do to treat yourself? When you have a high-demand job, how do you manage your energy levels?

Let's share our tips and advice for making work-life balance a little easier!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
When work ends, I just put my phone on silent and forget about it till next day. Honestly, no point letting it stress me out when I'm off the clock - I'm all about that work-life separation!

For self-care, I keep a checklist of simple things like "drink water" and "read a chapter of a book", which helps me remember to do nice, small things for myself. Taking a short walk also helps clear my mind, or even just sitting down and doing nothing for 10 minutes!

Also, I make sure to keep some high-energy snacks at my desk. When I'm dragging during the day, a sugar hit helps me boost my energy levels without having to rely on caffeine. I try to eat proper meals too - it's amazing how a good lunch can make a difference in my productivity!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
For me, it's about setting boundaries. I make sure to keep work conversations and thoughts at bay once I'm done for the day. helps me disconnect and recharge.

Taking time for self-care is crucial too - I make sure to schedule "me time" for some chillaxing, be it binge-watching or just chilling with a good book. Also, trying out new things helps keep things exciting and takes my mind off work.

When energy's low, coffee helps haha. But seriously, taking short breaks throughout the day, even if it's just 10 mins to stretch or walk around, helps me recharge and refocus.

Got to be disciplined and purposeful in implementing these strategies though - otherwise, work-life balance can go haywire real quick!

I usually take time out for myself to just chill and do the things I love. Self-care is important and helps me center myself. Taking a short walk after a busy day or hitting the gym relatively frequently helps me blow off some steam.

Also, I try to keep work chats and thoughts at bay once I'm done for the day. If it's really necessary to reply to work messages outside working hours, I'd rather quickly reply with a simple "Hi, will follow up tomorrow!" kind of message and then get back to my me-time.

I've also learned to say no to non-essential tasks or commitments, especially when I'm feeling overwhelmed. No point in spreading myself too thin and trying to do everything - gotta conserve energy! It helps that my friends and colleagues are understanding about this and equally supportive of the work-life balance concept.

Another thing that helps is having a planner or writing down to-dos. Visually seeing what needs to be done is reassuring, and ticking off completed tasks feels satisfying! Also good to break down larger tasks into smaller ones and prioritize them according to urgency and importance. That way, I don't feel so overwhelmed.

Honestly, it's really about finding what works best for you. Some people can handle the hectic pace and thrive off the adrenaline, but most of us need a little help finding balance!

Yeah it's v hard lor. Have to rely on a lot of discipline and time management. Must set clear boundaries between work and personal life, otherwise work can very fast dominate everything.

After work, I usually just focus on unwinding and recharging. Something I do is to allocate time slots for different personal activities like exercise, reading, and hobbies - that way, got proper time for self-care and also don't feel guilty about it. Also good to pen down some quick wins or small achievements to remind myself it's not so bad.

When work is super demanding, I just remind myself of the end goal or reward - keeps me going and makes it easier to manage energy levels. Sometimes when too tired, a quick power nap also helps to recharge.

When work ends, I just wanna head home and relax! I find a good wind-down helps me leave work stress behind. Sometimes, I just lie low at home, soak in the tub, or watch some feel-good show. If I'm out with friends, I'll keep work chat off the table – no point spoiling a good evening with office gossip!

I also make time for things that energise me. I go hiking, swim a few laps, or hit the yoga mat. It's also nice to indulge in some good ol' retail therapy once in a while, or a spa date with my girls. We all deserve some pampering!

But honestly, sometimes we just gotta accept that some balls will drop. And that's okay – we pick them back up and keep going! Can't be juggling everything perfectly all the time. So long as the most important things are taken care of, it's all good!

Wah! Work-life balance is a tough cookie to manage.

Honestly, I just take it one day at a time and focus on doing my best. Can't let work pressures burst my bubble - I make sure to keep some distance mentally when I'm done for the day. That way, family time remains quality time.

Also, I make sure to have some "me time" activities like a run in the park or catching up with good friends over coffee. These little things help recharge me and keep my sanity intact!

We're all different so find what works for you and keep that energy levels high!

Wah! Work-life balance is a tough cookie to manage.

Honestly, I just take it one day at a time and focus on doing my best. Can't let work pressures burst my bubble - I make sure to keep some distance mentally when I'm done for the day. That way, family time remains quality time.

Also, I make sure to have some "me time" activities like a run in the park or catching up with good friends over coffee. These little things help recharge me and keep my sanity intact!

We're all different so find what works for you and keep that energy levels high!
Setting boundaries is key! I totally agree with keeping work away once you're off the clock. It's so important to compartmentalize, or else it'll feel like the circus has come to town!

Self-care is a must too - my "me time" involves some much-needed binge-watching or just immersing myself in a good book. These little pockets of relaxation help me stay grounded and sane. And yup, coffee's my go-to energy booster when the batteries are running low!

Short but frequent breaks throughout the day are game-changers as well - they help refresh the mind and body, especially if you're sitting down a lot. A quick stroll outside or some stretching keeps the energy levels up. Gotta be intentional about these strategies though; otherwise, that work-life balance can tip over real fast!

Setting boundaries is key! I totally agree with keeping work away once you're off the clock. It's so important to compartmentalize, or else it'll feel like the circus has come to town!

Self-care is a must too - my "me time" involves some much-needed binge-watching or just immersing myself in a good book. These little pockets of relaxation help me stay grounded and sane. And yup, coffee's my go-to energy booster when the batteries are running low!

Short but frequent breaks throughout the day are game-changers as well - they help refresh the mind and body, especially if you're sitting down a lot. A quick stroll outside or some stretching keeps the energy levels up. Gotta be intentional about these strategies though; otherwise, that work-life balance can tip over real fast!
I agree with you on the breaks! They help us reset and re-energize, especially when we have a packed schedule. Purposeful and timely short breaks can make a world of difference in keeping our sanity intact!

It's nice to hear your insights on managing work-life balance. It's a constant juggling act, and sharing tips helps us all stay afloat!

Reactions: techsavvy
Work-life balance is a tightrope act. To keep work from spilling over, draw clear boundaries. Set aside designated time slots for personal activities and stick to them - this helps to create a mental separation.

For me, winding down happens through exercise or a good movie. I also love cooking up a storm in the kitchen - that's my form of meditation and keeps me grounded. Self-care is important, so if you have a high octane job, schedule "me time" and make it non-negotiable.

Energy management is key when work demands are high. I keep myself motivated with little treats - nothing extravagant, just simple things like having an ice cream cone or reading a chapter of a good book. And of course, a good night's rest helps! There's always another day to conquer the circus.

• Love
Reactions: joyful
For me, creating clear boundaries between work and personal life is crucial. I find that keeping work chats and thoughts confined to working hours helps me detach and recharge afterwards. If I really gotta reply to work stuff outside work, I'll do a quick "Hi, will follow up later!" and get back to enjoying my time off.

I also love using a planner or writing down todo lists. Seeing everything laid out and being able to physically tick off completed tasks gives me a sense of achievement. Breaks down the overwhelm into something more manageable.

And yea, learning to say no to non-essentials is a big one - especially when we're talking about our precious me-time. Saying no to some commitments doesn't make you selfish; it's about knowing yourself and your limits, right? We don't wanna frazzle ourselves out.

Different strokes for different folks, but these little things help me find that balance!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu