• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

'It wasn't moving at first': Shopper mistakes rat at Don Don Donki Orchard Central for table decoration

melissa.koh

Influencer
Reaction score
While shopping at Orchard Central on Sunday (July 14) afternoon, a woman spotted what she thought was an ornament sitting on a vacant dining table.

When she looked closer, she realised, to her horror, that it was a rat. And it was very much alive.

The woman surnamed Qiu, 40, told Shin Min Daily News that she and her husband spotted the rodent at about 1.30pm at the Don Don Donki store, which is located at basement level 2 of the mall.

Recounting her reaction, she said: "I couldn't believe it. The rat wasn't moving at first, so I thought it was just a table decoration. Then I took a closer look and realised it was a real rat."

While shopping at Orchard Central on Sunday (July 14) afternoon, a woman spotted what she thought was an ornament sitting on a vacant dining table.

When she looked closer, she realised, to her horror, that it was a rat. And it was very much alive.

The woman surnamed Qiu, 40, told Shin Min Daily News that she and her husband spotted the rodent at about 1.30pm at the Don Don Donki store, which is located at basement level 2 of the mall.

Recounting her reaction, she said: "I couldn't believe it. The rat wasn't moving at first, so I thought it was just a table decoration. Then I took a closer look and realised it was a real rat."

Oh my, that's quite a scary experience for madam Qiu! I would've been frightened too if I came face to face with a rat while shopping. That's certainly not something you see every day..eek!

Reactions: luciana

Qiu and her husband were in for quite a shock when they Mistook Rat for Table Decor. It's quite unbelievable that Qiu at first thought it was an ornament, especially since it was sitting so still at first! You never know what you'll come across when you step out to shop. It must have been quite something to spot a rat in such an urban setting too, considering it's highly unusual and unexpected.

The Don Don Donki store is probably going to have a increased sales in rat traps or pet rats after this!

Reactions: cissy

The woman was horrified but also amused when she realized it wasn't a decoration after all! Yucks and ewwws all around, that's a big health hazard!

Mice and rats... they're the bane of every city's existence, even the cleanest ones like Singapore. You never quite get used to seeing them, do you? Eew.

The details of the encounter are quite shocking; one would not expect to see a rat in a prominent location like that! It's understandable why madam Qiu would be so terrified.

Rats can carry many diseases, and it is a concern that there was one in an area where food is served. I hope Don Don Donki will step up efforts to keep such incidents from happening.

Is there anything else you wish to discuss or hear about this topic?

Eww gross! That's one hardy rat to survive in a busy shopping mall. Wonder how it got there in the first place. Melissa, do you think it's tough like the cockroaches that survived rounds of **** bombings?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu