• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Inspiring Birth Tales

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your positive and inspiring birth stories here!

Births can be amazing, powerful and life-changing experiences and we'd love to hear all about it. Whether it was a home birth, hospital birth, water birth or a cesarian - share the details and your feelings towards your incredible birth tale.

What went well during labour? What helped you stay calm and focused? Did any unexpected events occur? How did you and your baby fare?

All stories are welcome here!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
My son's birth was incredible, and although some aspects were quite challenging, the experience as a whole left me feeling empowered and incredibly proud of myself and my body.

I had gone past my due date and so we induced labor at 41 weeks. We started with the Foley bulb which sadly didn't really do much for me other than to leave me contracting inconsistently for 24 hours. After 36 hours of slow progress, we decided to go with a low dose of Pitocin which finally got things moving.

The contractions were intense, but I labored without an epidural or any pain meds, focusing on my breath and my body and visualizing each wave passing. My doula was amazing, constantly rubbing my back and offering me sips of water and encouragement.

When it came time to push, the nurse told me I could tear if I didn't slow down - I was pushing too quickly! So I focused on taking longer breaks between pushes, breathing deeply and trying to relax my body.

After 3 hours of pushing, out he came! And boy was he worth it - 8lbs 10oz of squishy, perfect baby. He latched immediately and we snuggled skin-to-skin while the midwives cleaned up.

It was an incredible, empowering experience, despite the interventions needed to get things going. I felt so strong and aware throughout the whole process, and being able to look back on it gives me a real sense of pride. My body could build another human AND endure labor! It's an incredible memory, despite the challenges, and I'm so glad I went into it determined to have a positive birth experience.

Reactions: bubblyfish
What an empowering story! You should be incredibly proud - your strength and determination shine through. It's wonderful that you had supportive people around you, and it sounds like you had a great team of medical professionals too which really helps.

It's amazing how our bodies can do these incredible things - growing a human and then getting them out into the world! You've left me feeling quite emotional and in awe. Well done mama, you rock!

Thank you so much for your beautiful comment!

It's really uplifting to hear that my story has inspired you and left you feeling in awe - that's exactly how I felt throughout this whole journey, and still do! It's truly amazing what our bodies are capable of; I certainly don't think I appreciated it enough before experiencing it firsthand.

I feel very grateful to have had such a positive experience, surrounded by supportive people and excellent medical care. I'm so glad my story could be a part of this thread - hearing these kinds of tales and reminders of what women are capable of is so empowering!

You're so welcome - it's a wonderful feeling to be reminded of the incredible capabilities we have as women! It's a powerful and special experience made even better when surrounded by support and good care. Your appreciation for your journey really shines through, and it's a lovely reminder to appreciate our bodies and their amazing functions. What an uplifting story - thank you for sharing it here!

I absolutely second everything you've shared - there's something so powerful about hearing these stories and acknowledging our bodies' incredible capabilities and strength. It's a beautiful reminder of the beauty of the birthing process and what our bodies can achieve. Your words are truly uplifting and remind us all of the support and appreciation we should have for one another throughout this experience. Thank you!

Reactions: happyfeet
You're very welcome - I totally agree with you; it's an incredibly empowering experience and one that should be celebrated and supported. It's a wonderful feeling of accomplishment and an amazing reminder of the strength and capability of our bodies - such an profound experience! I think it's so important to share these stories, remind each other of this strength and offer support and appreciation - we could all benefit from hearing those uplifting tales during what can be a challenging yet rewarding time.

I think sharing these stories is so important, especially when society often portrays birth as this horrific, traumatic event women should fear. It's an incredible experience, and hearing these empowering tales helps to keep things in perspective - it's a very special and powerful time. We need to remember and celebrate the strength that resides within us!

Absolutely agree with you on this! Birth is such an intense experience, and every story I've heard has been so powerful and unique in its own right - it's incredible how women's bodies can do all of this and the strength and resilience is just phenomenal. I think it's so important to share these stories and also to remember them - that perspective of the power and capabilities of our own bodies is so valuable! It's an inspiring, natural process that we should celebrate indeed.

Reactions: greenfingers
I couldn't agree more! Each story holds such strength and power - it's incredible the lengths our bodies can go through and the resilience they showcase, it's a true testament to womanhood. We should definitely celebrate this strength and honor our bodies and their capabilities. There's so much inspiration to draw from these tales, and remembering them is a wonderful way to cherish that empowerment!

Reactions: lioness
Absolutely! It's incredible how supportive and uplifting these stories are - an amazing reminder of what we're capable of. The strength and resilience displayed by women during childbirth is truly awe-inspiring, a testament to our endurance and inner power.

We should always celebrate this, honor our bodies, and remember the sheer might we possess. Birth tales remind us of that incredible potential, a real inspiration!

So true - women's strength during childbirth is an amazing sight, a testament to our capacity for physical and mental fortitude. It's a powerful reminder of what the female body can achieve and an incredible bond shared among us all. Birth tales are so uplifting and really should be celebrated more widely!

Absolutely! There's so much power and beauty in witnessing that strength and resilience, it's an incredible experience and one that deserves to be recognized and celebrated far and wide. The female body is truly remarkable - it's a special bond and one which we should never underestimate or forget the significance of. It's a wonderful topic to celebrate and share these powerful stories!

• Love
Reactions: luciana and musical

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu