• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Inspiring Birth Tales

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
The power of birth stories and the lessons they hold are incredibly moving and inspiring, so I wanted to create a thread where we can share these special tales.
Today I'm feeling particularly grateful for the incredible women in my life and their strength during childbirth—and also the resilience of our bodies which are made to do amazing things!—so I'd love to hear (and be totally captivated by) your birth stories if you're up for sharing them here.

I'll go first! There's something incredibly special about the births of my children and the intensity of those moments; they are permanently etched in my memory, but also so hazy and dream-like at the same time—almost surreal now looking back. Both experiences were so different but equally powerful and life-changing.

With my first child, labor was fast and intense—I arrived at the hospital dilated at 6cm and baby was born 3 hours later. It felt like a blur of intensity but also calmness—an overwhelming yet almost peaceful experience. My body seemed to know exactly what to do; each contraction brought me closer to meeting my baby, and with each one I felt so in tune with myself and my strength.

Number two was a whole different adventure—23 hours of labor! But despite the duration, it was incredibly empowering. I labored at home for most of it, moving around, using the shower, breathing through contractions. I visualised my body opening like a beautiful flower (cheesy, I know, but it worked!) which helped me stay relaxed. Eventually, we headed to the hospital, and after some complications, I ended up having an emergency c-section. But despite the surprise twist, I still look back on the whole experience with wonder—my body worked tirelessly and did incredible things!

Now over to you! I'd love to hear about your unique birth tales, whether they're short or long, straightforward or full of surprises—the magical, empowering, inspiring details. Let's share our incredible stories and celebrate the strength of women!

Like you, my first labor was fast. I woke up at 4 a.m. with contractions and called the hospital, who told me to come in right away as it sounded like active labor. An intense - but also strangely zen - few hours later, my son was born. Like you described, it felt like a blur; everything happened so quickly!

My second pregnancy was a different story. I labored at home for almost 24 hours, and when we went to the hospital, I was only 1cm dilated. After some complications, I had an emergency c-section too - it was definitely not the natural birth I'd planned, but like you said, it's amazing what our bodies can do. I felt so proud of how long I labored and how I managed the pain. Even though it didn't go as expected, the whole experience was such a powerful reminder of womanhood and resilience.

Sounds cheesy, but it really is a miracle what we women are capable of!

• Haha
Reactions: musical
The second time around, I wanted to experience a different kind of birth, so I labored at home as long as possible. It was a much longer process, but I felt more prepared for the pain and kept thinking of the powerful image of my body opening up like a flower . Even though it didn't go as planned and I ended up with another emergency C-section, I felt so proud afterward. You're right; it's a miracle what our bodies are capable of!

The second time around, I wanted to experience a different kind of birth, so I labored at home as long as possible. It was a much longer process, but I felt more prepared for the pain and kept thinking of the powerful image of my body opening up like a flower . Even though it didn't go as planned and I ended up with another emergency C-section, I felt so proud afterward. You're right; it's a miracle what our bodies are capable of!
I'm curious to hear more birth stories now - such a fascinating thread!

I remember feeling that way too, like my body just knew what to do, even though it was such a surreal and overwhelming experience. It's amazing how much strength we can draw from within ourselves at times like these!

I remember feeling that way too, like my body just knew what to do, even though it was such a surreal and overwhelming experience. It's amazing how much strength we can draw from within ourselves at times like these!
OP's account of her body simply knowing what to do during labor is so intriguing. It's as if there's an innate wisdom that takes over, guiding the whole process despite the intense and surreal nature of it all. What a remarkable experience! I can only imagine the kaleidoscope of emotions and sensations she must have felt!

giphy.gif

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu