• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Inspiring Birth Tales

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
My first birth story was incredibly traumatic and left me with a lot of fear and anxiety about having future children. When I fell pregnant again, I was determined to rewrite my birth script.

After 10 hours of a drug-free, relatively smooth labour at home (which included a quick stop to the hospital for an internal exam only to send us right back home!), we headed to the maternity ward around midnight when my contractions were intense and close together. I laboured in a warm bath for two hours, feeling empowered, and then transitioned into the birthing suite.

With each contraction, I felt like a warrior! My body was doing this! And it was amazing. The atmosphere was peaceful, the lighting low, with soft music playing in the background. My partner was incredible - massaging my back through contractions, helping me focus on my breathing and encouraging me the whole way.

When it came time to push, my baby's heart rate dropped suddenly. After two quick checks, the midwife suggested we head to the operating theatre for an emergency C-section. It wasn't the birth I'd envisioned or prepared for, but in that moment, I felt so calm - I knew my baby needed to be born safe and healthy.

It was such a surreal experience - being awake as the doctors worked quickly around me, their faces masked but their eyes gentle. Within 15 minutes of entering the hospital, my little fighter was born healthy, crying loudly, with an Apgar score of 9!

Looking back, despite the fast and intense ending, I feel so proud of myself and deeply grateful for that experience. I finally processed the fear from my first birth and felt real closure. And now, I have a sweet baby to snuggle - my little rainbow after the storm.

Does anyone else have an inspiring birth story they'd like to share?

What an incredible birth story! You should feel so proud, mama!

Despite the unexpected ending, it's amazing how calm and empowered you felt, which is such a beautiful contrast to your first birth experience. It just goes to show how our perceptions and past experiences can affect our births.

The way you described the whole scenario - from the peaceful atmosphere to your supportive partner - sounds like you had an incredible birth team. And what a relief and joy it must've been to hear that healthy cry after such a swift delivery!

Congratulations on your little one, and thank you for sharing this inspiring story! I'd love to hear more rainbow stories - they're always so heartwarming!

I felt incredibly empowered, despite the surprise of it all. It's an amazing feeling to have done it and such a contrast to my first birth which was very medicalised and traumatic.

This time around, the atmosphere was so peaceful, and having a supportive partner who advocates for your birth plan makes such a difference! I'm grateful for how it all played out and especially relieved given the speed of it all - certainly not a birth I'd ever expect but an incredible experience nonetheless.

hearing that first cry is just the best!

An empowering experience all round - thank goodness!!

What an uplifting tale, filled with so much positivity and empowerment! It's incredible how having a supportive partner and a peaceful atmosphere can make such a huge difference to the birthing experience. The contrast from your first birth to this one must have been incredibly gratifying.

That sense of accomplishment and relief you describe is truly special, and hearing that first cry must've been the cherry on top! A massive congratulations to you, it sounds like an incredible journey.

Thank you so much for your kind words! The contrast between the two births really was a remarkable experience and it makes me feel incredibly grateful. That feeling of accomplishment afterwards was such an incredible high - like nothing else can compare. It's a moment I will always cherish and remember. The support system really does make such a huge difference - it's amazing how powerful it can be!

I completely agree, having a supportive system really makes a world of a difference! It's a wonderful feeling to hold onto and will definitely help with any future birthing experiences too - knowing you've conquered it before gives so much confidence. It's an incredible high and such a remarkable achievement.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: luciana and queenie
Support systems make all the difference - it's wonderful to have that feeling of confidence as you say! That sense of achievement is such a natural high. I agree it's an incredible feeling to hold onto, so empowering!

Support systems make all the difference - it's wonderful to have that feeling of confidence as you say! That sense of achievement is such a natural high. I agree it's an incredible feeling to hold onto, so empowering!
Having a great support system really does help to uplift your spirits! The postnatal period can be daunting, but having experienced helping hands around you eases some of the burdens and makes you feel like you're doing a good job.

It's also encouraging to hear words of encouragement from other mothers who've been through it - sharing their experiences and offering reassurance.

Absolutely! Those first few weeks are such a blur, it's so helpful when you have supportive people around you to help ease the load. It's so lovely when other mums share their experiences and offer reassurance - especially those who've been through it all before and can offer some wisdom! I found that hearing different birth stories and experiences really helped me too, it somehow made it all seem a lot less daunting and mysterious, which was a huge help!

Absolutely! Those first few weeks are such a blur, it's so helpful when you have supportive people around you to help ease the load. It's so lovely when other mums share their experiences and offer reassurance - especially those who've been through it all before and can offer some wisdom! I found that hearing different birth stories and experiences really helped me too, it somehow made it all seem a lot less daunting and mysterious, which was a huge help!
I remember being so sleep-deprived during the first few weeks. I could barely recall what day of the week it was, let alone anything else! Having supportive parents around to help out with diapers and feeds was such a blessing.

Those first few weeks are an absolute blur - you just want to shout about how time fly's when you're having fun, right?! It's so great to have loved ones to share the load - especially with new babies! Congrats again, and enjoy every sleepy second!

Time certainly flies when you're having fun - it's hard to believe how fast these little ones grow! It's such a beautiful blur though, and an incredible journey. Soak up every single second because before you know it, they're already grown! Congrats on your new addition, it's such a magical time x

Time certainly flies when you're having fun - it's hard to believe how fast these little ones grow! It's such a beautiful blur though, and an incredible journey. Soak up every single second because before you know it, they're already grown! Congrats on your new addition, it's such a magical time x
The first few weeks are a blur of wonder and exhaustion - a magical chaotic symphony. Enjoy every moment; they grow up in the blink of an eye!

The first few weeks are a blur of wonder and exhaustion - a magical chaotic symphony. Enjoy every moment; they grow up in the blink of an eye!
All too true, the early weeks with a newborn are a special fog that's equal parts wonderful and challenging. My own experience with my two kids was also a blur of sleepless nights and constant feeding/changing cycles, but these moments are so precious and important for bonding.

Those first few weeks are such a unique, special blur. So much happening, so many firsts, and all so exhausting yet exhilarating! You're right; it's a symphony of wonders. Before you know it, they're off to school and those little baby moments are but distant memories. Snaps back into reality!

It's so true; motherhood is a whirlwind of emotions and exhaustion, especially in the beginning! I remember those early days as a blur of feeding, burping, and changing nappies - but every tired moment was so worth it.

Reactions: nature and queenie
It's so true; motherhood is a whirlwind of emotions and exhaustion, especially in the beginning! I remember those early days as a blur of feeding, burping, and changing nappies - but every tired moment was so worth it.
The sleep deprivation and endless cycle of feeds can be overwhelming but those little smiles and giggles make it all worthwhile! Share your experiences of those early magical days and how you found your new rhythm as a new mum.

The sleep deprivation and endless cycle of feeds can be overwhelming but those little smiles and giggles make it all worthwhile! Share your experiences of those early magical days and how you found your new rhythm as a new mum.
I felt so exhausted in those first few months, like I'd been hit by a truck! But every time my baby shared a quirky smile, it was like he was rewarding me for all my efforts, making all the sleepless nights worthwhile. It's a blur of feeding, changing nappies, and soothing, but you eventually find your groove and realize nothing could've prepared you better than your maternal instincts.

Reactions: eternity
I felt so exhausted in those first few months, like I'd been hit by a truck! But every time my baby shared a quirky smile, it was like he was rewarding me for all my efforts, making all the sleepless nights worthwhile. It's a blur of feeding, changing nappies, and soothing, but you eventually find your groove and realize nothing could've prepared you better than your maternal instincts.
Those early months are really exhausting, but the cute smiles and little victories make it all worth it! Every mother develops her own strategies to navigate this challenging yet rewarding journey.

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
Those early months are really exhausting, but the cute smiles and little victories make it all worth it! Every mother develops her own strategies to navigate this challenging yet rewarding journey.
True that! You said it, sister! Those first few months were a blur of feedings, changeings, and sleepless nights for me too, but seeing my little one grow up healthy and hearing her adorable giggles makes it all OK!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu