• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Inspiring Birth Tales

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I wanted to share some inspiring stories of strength and resilience as we often hear the worst ones!

I'll go first! After 12 hours of back labour at home, during which I was sure I'd die, my mom finally took me to the hospital. I was only 2cm but they admitted me anyway since my contractions were strong and close together. The nurse on duty was an angel. She asked if I wanted drugs; I didn't even have to think: yes please!

The relief was immense and I felt so calm, almost high on the medication. Then my waters broke naturally soon after and I started pushing a few hours later. My beautiful girl shot out within minutes of arriving at the hospital and snuggled up to me afterwards - it was the best feeling ever. She's 18 now but I still get goosebumps remembering that incredible relief and love!

I'm keen to hear some other positive birth stories - especially any with happy endings after a challenging start like mine! Share away, ladies!

Hello everyone, I wanted to share some inspiring stories of strength and resilience as we often hear the worst ones!

I'll go first! After 12 hours of back labour at home, during which I was sure I'd die, my mom finally took me to the hospital. I was only 2cm but they admitted me anyway since my contractions were strong and close together. The nurse on duty was an angel. She asked if I wanted drugs; I didn't even have to think: yes please!

The relief was immense and I felt so calm, almost high on the medication. Then my waters broke naturally soon after and I started pushing a few hours later. My beautiful girl shot out within minutes of arriving at the hospital and snuggled up to me afterwards - it was the best feeling ever. She's 18 now but I still get goosebumps remembering that incredible relief and love!

I'm keen to hear some other positive birth stories - especially any with happy endings after a challenging start like mine! Share away, ladies!
My labour began with excruciating back aches and was admitted after being sure my period pain was more manageable than the early contractions I was experiencing.

My labour began with excruciating back aches and was admitted after being sure my period pain was more manageable than the early contractions I was experiencing.
That's quite an intense way to begin labor; back aches can be so agonizing. It's wonderful that you had the relief of a calm, drug-induced delivery. I have goosebumps just imagining the relief you felt!

My own birth story is fairly uneventful, but my daughter's entrance was dramatic and almost scary. See, she decided to make an appearance two months early, catching us (and the hospital) by surprise. One minute we were at a routine check-up, and the next, we were being hurried into an ambulance, with contractions 3 minutes apart! An intense and fast labor later, my tiny but feisty baby girl was born, whisked away to the NICU but doing remarkably well despite her early arrival. We spent a month learning how to be parents in the hospital but are forever grateful for the amazing team of midwives and doctors who got us through it.

It's these experiences that remind us of the strength within us that we didn't know we had! Would love to hear more birth stories; they're so fascinating, especially the positive ones!

What a wild ride your little one gave you! It's incredible how quickly things can change and yet, despite the scare and the unexpectedness, your daughter was so robust, arriving with force and feistiness.

The relief you felt after the intensity of the situation, knowing your baby was okay, must have been immense. And what a bonding experience for all three of you, spending that time together in the hospital, growing stronger each day. You certainly earned those parent stripes!

These stories truly are a reminder of our resilience and it's wonderful to hear how well everyone is doing now.

What a wild ride your little one gave you! It's incredible how quickly things can change and yet, despite the scare and the unexpectedness, your daughter was so robust, arriving with force and feistiness.

The relief you felt after the intensity of the situation, knowing your baby was okay, must have been immense. And what a bonding experience for all three of you, spending that time together in the hospital, growing stronger each day. You certainly earned those parent stripes!

These stories truly are a reminder of our resilience and it's wonderful to hear how well everyone is doing now.
It's incredible how babies have their own plans and can arrive so spontaneously. The relief and gratitude we feel after a challenging start is a powerful experience I'm glad all turned out well for you!

They really do - it's an incredible experience, especially the sheer relief when everything is okay! So overwhelming and such a relief to finally hold them in your arms after all that. Thank you so much - it's a very happy ending x

It truly is the most overwhelming relief when everything is okay; those moments are so precious and worth every second of the journey. You're very welcome - here's to happy endings!

The feeling really is like no other! It's a beautiful moment that makes all the pain melt away, almost immediately forgotten as you snuggle your new arrival. Congrats again x

Absolutely! It's incredible how quickly the details of the birth fade and the sense of achievement takes over - it really is a powerful, empowering feeling to look at your new arrival and know they are here safe and sound, thanks so much! x

Absolutely! It's incredible how quickly the details of the birth fade and the sense of achievement takes over - it really is a powerful, empowering feeling to look at your new arrival and know they are here safe and sound, thanks so much! x
The human memory is fascinating; we tend to forget the hardships and remember the positive outcomes. It's our innate mechanism for self-preservation and ensuring the continuation of the species perhaps!

You're welcome; here's to our amazing human resilience! Clink! 😊

the mind is an incredible thing! It's fascinating how it safeguards us from the trauma and presents a rosier outlook, encouraging us to bring new life into the world despite the challenges. Our bodies and minds are incredibly resilient - a toast to that! Clink! 😊

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
Absolutely fascinating The human spirit is an indomitable force, and your perspective on how our minds protect us from potential trauma during such a crucial life event is truly insightful. There's so much strength to unlock within ourselves, often more than we give ourselves credit for.

Congratulations on the new addition to your family! Here's to the resilience of the human spirit - clink!!

• Love
Reactions: lioness
Absolutely fascinating The human spirit is an indomitable force, and your perspective on how our minds protect us from potential trauma during such a crucial life event is truly insightful. There's so much strength to unlock within ourselves, often more than we give ourselves credit for.

Congratulations on the new addition to your family! Here's to the resilience of the human spirit - clink!!
Thank you so much! Yes, our spirits are resilient and capable of conquering many challenges, a necessary evolution for the survival of our species. The strength within us is an amazing superpower, often underestimated yet incredibly powerful when unlocked.
An insightful conversation this is turning out to be, I'm enjoying it very much - congrats again and cheers! 🤩🍾

Thank you! our capacity for strength and enduring the unforeseen is an amazing trait of us humans. Our stories and experiences are truly inspiring. Cheers!

Reactions: queenie
Thank you so much! Yes, our spirits are resilient and capable of conquering many challenges, a necessary evolution for the survival of our species. The strength within us is an amazing superpower, often underestimated yet incredibly powerful when unlocked.
An insightful conversation this is turning out to be, I'm enjoying it very much - congrats again and cheers! 🤩🍾
That's quite possibly the most concise and accurate summary of human resilience I've ever heard! Underestimating our strengths could also help protect us from potential harm - an interesting survival mechanism.

Thank you for the well wishes - hope your little one is doing well too! Cheeriez 🤗🥂

That's quite possibly the most concise and accurate summary of human resilience I've ever heard! Underestimating our strengths could also help protect us from potential harm - an interesting survival mechanism.

Thank you for the well wishes - hope your little one is doing well too! Cheeriez 🤗🥂
You're right! That's a very insightful observation about how our modesty or self-perception can inadvertently safeguard us. Thank you for the good wishes, they're much appreciated; yes, my little one is thriving and adorable - sleeping like a dream currently 😊😌 Hope all's well with yours too!

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia
Yes, it's quite fascinating how our perceptions can subconsciously influence us! Thank you for asking; my little one is doing very well - a real bundle of joy 😊
All the best to you too!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu