• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Inspiring Birth Experiences

sunflower

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This inspiring thread is for beautiful birth stories. Share your amazing experiences here to celebrate and uplift one another!

My story: After two previous C-sections, I was determined to have a vbac (vaginal birth after cesarean). My labor started naturally at 41 weeks and it was intense right from the beginning. But with every contraction, I focused on my goal and the incredible reward that awaited me.

When I arrived at the hospital, I was already 8cm dilated. I breathed through each contraction, using the power of my body and the imagery of my calm, peaceful ocean to ride each wave. My son was born shortly after, healthy and strong, and I did it - no C-section!

It was an incredible, empowering experience that I'll always cherish. I didn't need any pain relief because the satisfaction of achieving my goal outweighs any discomfort. It's a feeling I'll never forget and gives me such confidence in myself and other mamas! Share your stories; let's support each other and celebrate our strength!

This inspiring thread is for beautiful birth stories. Share your amazing experiences here to celebrate and uplift one another!

My story: After two previous C-sections, I was determined to have a vbac (vaginal birth after cesarean). My labor started naturally at 41 weeks and it was intense right from the beginning. But with every contraction, I focused on my goal and the incredible reward that awaited me.

When I arrived at the hospital, I was already 8cm dilated. I breathed through each contraction, using the power of my body and the imagery of my calm, peaceful ocean to ride each wave. My son was born shortly after, healthy and strong, and I did it - no C-section!

It was an incredible, empowering experience that I'll always cherish. I didn't need any pain relief because the satisfaction of achieving my goal outweighs any discomfort. It's a feeling I'll never forget and gives me such confidence in myself and other mamas! Share your stories; let's support each other and celebrate our strength!
I had a similar determination for my second birth, also a VBAC after an initial C-section. And like you, the experience was empowering and amazing!

Despite being told by some that it would be too dangerous, I was determined to prove them wrong in a healthy way. With the help of a great OB, I successfully delivered my second child vaginally. The rush of achievement and sheer joy at hearing that confirming cry as your little one arrives is unparalleled. It's a moment I'll always cherish too!

Despite two previous cesareans, you persevered and achieved a VBAC without pain relief. That's such an incredible feat, especially with your visualization tactics! You should be so proud.

My experience was equally as empowering. An intense but quick natural labour resulted in my firstborn's speedy arrival - a mere 4 hours after contractions began. Being a FTM, the whole process was overwhelming yet exhilarating. Despite the surprise and intensity, I too opted for a natural birth, with only gas for relief. hearing my daughter's first cries were worth every second of the pain. And just like that, my life changed forever. Birth truly is an amazing phenomenon!

You're one brave mama! Natural birth with only gas for relief - huge congratulations!

There's something so primal and powerful about birthing naturally, and hearing those first cries is truly special. It's a moment to forever treasure. You should feel so proud; your body did an incredible job!

It's wonderful to hear you describe the birth of your firstborn as such a positive experience. Those intense but quick labour vibrations are certainly something to remember!

What a buzz it must have been when your life changed forever in just four short hours! Congratulations once again, and here's to all the inspiring mamas out there. We're amazing, aren't we?! 😊

Thank you so much! I feel incredibly proud of myself and my body for what we achieved. It was such a surreal experience and hearing those first cries - so full of life and promise - was absolutely wondrous.

The whole experience was so intense but also incredibly empowering. Even now, I'm on a high from it all! Can't stop staring at my little bundle of joy.

It's a fantastic feeling to be able to share such a positive birth story because so often the focus is on the negative or traumatic. Us mamas are strong, resilient and capable - what an incredible title and role we take on! Congrats to you too and all the badass mamas out there; we rock! 😎

You rock! What a beautiful description of how you're feeling - I'm so glad you're on such a high and feeling proud of yourself - you should!!

It's such a special time and those first few days/weeks are just so incredible (even with the lack of sleep!). Enjoy every moment, you've earned it! And here's to us mamas - we really are badass!! 😎🤲

I absolutely love hearing you say this and that you're on a high too! It truly is one of the most incredible experiences and we should bask in every feeling and emotion because it's so worth it. I hope your days are filled with relaxation, peace, bonding and love. Those first few moments are so special - enjoy them!! Us mamas really are badasses and it's nice to sit back and appreciate ourselves every once in a while. 🌺🤩

It really is an incredible experience - we're creating life! There should definitely be more appreciation and less fear around birth - it's such a powerful and empowering experience. We are badasses!!

Hope you're enjoying those precious newborn snuggles x

It really is an incredible experience - we're creating life! There should definitely be more appreciation and less fear around birth - it's such a powerful and empowering experience. We are badasses!!

Hope you're enjoying those precious newborn snuggles x
Snuggling with my little one every moment I can. There is no greater feeling than bringing new life into this world. Birth truly humbles us, reminding us of our inner strength and capacity to love unconditionally. The whole experience is so surreal that it's easy to feel on top of the world, even with minimal sleep!

Nature's gift of oxytocin is real; I'm overflowing with love and contentment, making the lack of shut-eye bearable.😊 Being able to appreciate this special time and bond with my new addition makes all the difference. Thanks for reminding me again that we're not just badass but also incredibly lucky!

Snuggling with my little one every moment I can. There is no greater feeling than bringing new life into this world. Birth truly humbles us, reminding us of our inner strength and capacity to love unconditionally. The whole experience is so surreal that it's easy to feel on top of the world, even with minimal sleep!

Nature's gift of oxytocin is real; I'm overflowing with love and contentment, making the lack of shut-eye bearable.😊 Being able to appreciate this special time and bond with my new addition makes all the difference. Thanks for reminding me again that we're not just badass but also incredibly lucky!
You're most welcome! You've articulated it beautifully - it's a humbling and awe-inspiring experience, one that reminds us of our capabilities as women.
Nature has definitely endowed us with an incredible hormonal high that lets us endure sleep deprivation. Contentment and love truly overflow; I'm pleased you're enjoying the新生 experience and all those cuddles! Lucky us 😊

Nature is incredibly amazing isn't it? That hormonal high definitely helps us to keep going during those intense but precious newborn days. The overwhelming sense of contentment and love makes it all so worthwhile. Enjoy every moment - it's such a special time!

Nature is incredibly amazing isn't it? That hormonal high definitely helps us to keep going during those intense but precious newborn days. The overwhelming sense of contentment and love makes it all so worthwhile. Enjoy every moment - it's such a special time!
Oh, I most certainly am! Those hormones really are a wondrous gift that Nature bestows upon us mums. They say what we feel during this period is like a drug - addictive, but in the healthiest and happiest way possible! I could certainly get used to this high.

Oh, I most certainly am! Those hormones really are a wondrous gift that Nature bestows upon us mums. They say what we feel during this period is like a drug - addictive, but in the healthiest and happiest way possible! I could certainly get used to this high.
It's nature's gift for us mothers to help us during the demanding postpartum period, making the experience an enjoyable one that we can cherish despite the challenges. It's like our very own natural feel-good drug, that keeps us going strong! Does this natural high wear off gradually or does it stay for a while?

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet and cissy
It's nature's gift for us mothers to help us during the demanding postpartum period, making the experience an enjoyable one that we can cherish despite the challenges. It's like our very own natural feel-good drug, that keeps us going strong! Does this natural high wear off gradually or does it stay for a while?
The effects of the hormonal surge can vary from person to person, but typically, the 'baby buzz' as some call it, slowly wears off as the days go by. For some new mums, the initial few weeks after birth are shrouded in this delightful haze of oxytocin, keeping the emotions high and the feelings of love and joy flowing.

For others, the effects may lessen within a few days, but that doesn't mean the magic has to end. The bond and connection with your little one continue to grow and develop, and as you settle into a routine, a new sense of balance and normalcy, you'll find many moments to cherish and enjoy. Nature's gifts keep on giving; it just manifests in different ways as time goes on! 😊

That's such a lovely way to describe those initial days and weeks after birth - a delightful haze of oxytocin is spot on!

And you're right; as time goes on, there are so many other magical moments to look forward to as you bond with your baby. The first smiles, recognizing their cues and needs, and finding ways to comfort them - it's all so special and makes it all worth it!

You've painted a beautiful picture of those precious moments after birth and the wonderful bonding phase that follows. It's like being in this dreamy bubble, isn't it? Those first smiles are truly heart-melting, and every parent will resonate with the joy of deciphering their little one's cues and needs. It's an incredible journey!

You've painted a beautiful picture of those precious moments after birth and the wonderful bonding phase that follows. It's like being in this dreamy bubble, isn't it? Those first smiles are truly heart-melting, and every parent will resonate with the joy of deciphering their little one's cues and needs. It's an incredible journey!
Yes, it is a dreamy bubble - our world almost seems make-belive because it is so wondrous being enveloped in this love and bliss! Every parenting journey is unique but those early bonding moments are universally special.

Yes, it is a dreamy bubble - our world almost seems make-belive because it is so wondrous being enveloped in this love and bliss! Every parenting journey is unique but those early bonding moments are universally special.
Parenting is a remarkable voyage, full of surprises and wonder. And that's what makes it so heartwarming and meaningful - an extraordinary experience difficult to capture in words!

You're right; it's truly incredible how parenting can bring about such profound experiences that defy easy description. The sheer awe and wonder of it all make it a life-changing journey. Share your thoughts on this wonderful voyage; would love to hear your tale!

Parenting is a remarkable adventure, filled with moments of awe and joy that words often fail to capture. It's an emotional journey that transforms our perspective on life, infusing every moment with new meaning. The experience of bringing new life into this world and witnessing their growth is simply breathtaking. It's a feeling of wonder that cannot be easily put into words - the sheer magnitude of love and responsibility is overwhelming yet exhilarating.

Each birth story is unique, a remarkable tale of strength and resilience, marking the beginning of an unforgettable adventure into parenthood. My own journey remains vividly etched in my memory, a mesmerizing tapestry of emotions and sensations unlike any other. To witness that tiny infant, scarcely larger than your hand, crying their first cries and slowly opening their eyes to the world - it's an indescribable marvel.

The overwhelming love you feel for this tiny human who has chosen you as their guide in this world just hits you like nothing else. It's a transformative experience, sharpening your senses and infusing every cell with renewed vitality. This life-changing event opens your eyes to a new realm of existence, where every challenge becomes surmountable and every fear fades away.

Parenting is a heroic odyssey, an exciting expedition through uncharted territories, and the birth of a child is the first breathtaking glimpse of this extraordinary voyage. It's an inspiring and humbling experience, one that reminds us of life's incredible beauty and our profound connection to it.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu