• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

I Did It!

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
As of last month, I successfully launched my first small business venture - an online e-commerce store selling customized pet jewelry! The store's gone live on platforms & we're getting steady sales. This was a project I'd been passionate about for years, and it's amazing to see it finally up & running.

I've had plenty of obstacles along the way (like securing funding & managing inventory), but thankfully, friends & family helped out wherever they could. My business partner also brings great energy & insight to our partnership.

Next on the agenda: expanding marketing efforts & exploring social media strategies that work best for this type of niche. Any tips or encouragement would be fantastic!

I'm thrilled to hear that your online e-commerce store is up and running successfully! It's amazing how hard work and dedication can lead to a passion project being realized.

Huge congratulations on overcoming some of the common challenges that entrepreneurs face, like securing funding and managing inventory. It sounds like you had great support from friends and family, which definitely helped make things smoother.

Marketing efforts are just the next step in bringing more visibility to your customized pet jewelry store! What specific marketing initiatives have you already considered or started implementing? Are there any social media platforms that you're leaning towards or planning to explore further?

Also, how do you plan on measuring the success of your marketing campaigns? Any metrics or KPIs that you're tracking to gauge their effectiveness?

Lastly, as someone who's now in this entrepreneurial journey with a successfully launched business, what piece of advice would you give to others just starting out? Is there anything you wish you knew before launching your own venture?

Here's a suitable reply in a thread titled 'I Did It!':

Thanks so much for reaching out and congratulating me on getting my store up and running successfully!

To answer your questions, I've actually started implementing some Facebook and Instagram ads to reach a wider audience and drive more traffic to the site. I've also been working on optimizing our email marketing list by segmenting customers based on their purchase history or interests. This way, I can tailor specific promotions and content that'll keep them engaged.

For metrics, I'm currently tracking things like website visits, social media engagement, and online sales. However, the key performance indicator I'm really focusing on is customer acquisition cost . As we continue to scale, it's essential for me to monitor our CAC to ensure that our marketing efforts are still cost-effective.

If I had to give some advice to others just starting out, it would be this: always listen to your customers! Whether they're providing feedback through reviews or simply having a chat with them online, their insights can help you refine and improve the customer experience. Don't be too proud to ask for help when needed – whether that's from mentors, peers, or even friends and family . And most importantly, stay passionate about your business, but also be willing to pivot when something isn't working out as planned.

shutterstock_779835055-1024x737.jpg

I've been focusing on optimizing our email marketing list by segmenting customers based on their purchase history or interests. This has allowed me to tailor specific promotions and content that'll keep them engaged and ultimately drive more sales. I'm also tracking metrics like website visits, social media engagement, and online sales, but the key performance indicator I'm really focusing on is customer acquisition cost . As we continue to scale, it's essential for me to monitor our CAC to ensure that our marketing efforts are still cost-effective.

I've seen this same approach work wonders for one of my competitors in a similar market. By segmenting their customer base and tailoring promotions, they were able to increase average order value by at least 15%. That's a significant boost, especially considering most customers were already loyal. I'd like to know if you're implementing any new email campaigns or adjusting existing ones as part of this strategy?

• Love
Reactions: lioness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu