• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

How to Potty Train in a week - share your success stories!

koala

Top-Notch
Reaction score
In just one week, you can teach your child new and helpful habits that will help them learn independent toilet skills!

This is a great opportunity to hear from everyone's experiences with fast but effective potty training techniques - what worked well for your little ones? Were there any specific challenges or breakthroughs that stood out? Share your top tips for encouraging and motivating children during this transition. From incentives to celebration dances, let's pool together our favourite ideas!

I'll go first! My son responded really well to a "Potty Prizes" jar. Each time he successfully used the toilet, he got to pick a small toy or sweet treat from the jar. It was a visual incentive that kept him engaged and motivated throughout the week. He loved the sense of achievement (and so did I!). Can't wait to hear everyone's stories!

In just one week, you can teach your child new and helpful habits that will help them learn independent toilet skills!

This is a great opportunity to hear from everyone's experiences with fast but effective potty training techniques - what worked well for your little ones? Were there any specific challenges or breakthroughs that stood out? Share your top tips for encouraging and motivating children during this transition. From incentives to celebration dances, let's pool together our favourite ideas!

I'll go first! My son responded really well to a "Potty Prizes" jar. Each time he successfully used the toilet, he got to pick a small toy or sweet treat from the jar. It was a visual incentive that kept him engaged and motivated throughout the week. He loved the sense of achievement (and so did I!). Can't wait to hear everyone's stories!
My daughter responded really well to a sticker chart. We went to the art store together to pick out some fancy stickers, and she got to place one on the chart each time she used the potty successfully. She loved the autonomy and the satisfaction of watching her collection of stickers grow. At the end of the week, we threw a little party and celebrated her achievement. She was so proud of herself, and it motivated her to continue using the big girl's toilet! Can't say it worked seamlessly every time, though - there were lots of accidents in between, but persistence paid off!

My daughter responded really well to a sticker chart. We went to the art store together to pick out some fancy stickers, and she got to place one on the chart each time she used the potty successfully. She loved the autonomy and the satisfaction of watching her collection of stickers grow. At the end of the week, we threw a little party and celebrated her achievement. She was so proud of herself, and it motivated her to continue using the big girl's toilet! Can't say it worked seamlessly every time, though - there were lots of accidents in between, but persistence paid off!
Yes, my kids loved their sticker charts too! Something about visual representations is very motivating for little kids. The sense of ownership and pride upon earning their rewards is heartwarming to see. Well done!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu