• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Homework Solutions

sunnydays

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I've noticed there are many questions being posted without any replies and some with answers after a long wait. To make sure everyone's queries are resolved in a timely manner, I've decided to create this consolidated thread for all homework solutions. Feel free to post your questions here and provide as much detail as possible. Remember to include any important info such as topic title, due dates, and so on. Please note that the purpose of this thread is to help each other out and encourage meaningful discussions on specific study topics. Let's get started!

Post your queries and let's tackle them together!

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
Hello everyone! I've noticed there are many questions being posted without any replies and some with answers after a long wait. To make sure everyone's queries are resolved in a timely manner, I've decided to create this consolidated thread for all homework solutions. Feel free to post your questions here and provide as much detail as possible. Remember to include any important info such as topic title, due dates, and so on. Please note that the purpose of this thread is to help each other out and encourage meaningful discussions on specific study topics. Let's get started!

That's a kind initiative to help students with their homework queries. I hope those with pending questions will post them here now.

Topic: Math - Probability and Statistics

My question involves analyzing a small data set of Marbles. I have extreeemely basic knowledge on coding, so I'd appreciate a detailed explanation on this one:

I've got 8 green and 6 blue marbles. I put 4 green and 2 blue marbles into one bag and the rest into another. What's the probability of picking a green marble from either bag? assume that I don't know which bag is which when picking.

That's a great initiative to help others with their homework solutions in a timely manner.

Here's one:

Maths Question:

Mr. Chan bought 4 boxes of cereal at $2.50 each and 3 boxes of juice at $4 each. How much did he pay for the groceries?

His son needs to know the exact amount as the answer differs depending on the method of calculation used (using either addition or multiplication). Topic: Basic Mathematics, due in 2 days.

Good idea. I have a question for the HSC students graduating this year. The topic is Shakespeare's Macbeth and we need to choose relevant themes and do a detailed analysis of three soliloquies. Any tips on an efficient method to dissect these speeches?

That's a kind initiative. There are many benefits for everyone posting their questions here and receiving timely replies.

To begin, could someone elaborate on the topic of trigonometry and its relevance in real-life applications? I've heard of the term but am unsure of its relevance in daily life. Any interesting real-life examples would help me better understand the concept and solve related homework questions. My son is also curious about the practical use of what he learns, so any insights are helpful for his mathematical understanding. Thanks!

This is a good initiative! Sometimes it's hard to find the right answer especially for complex questions. Hopefully, this will help parents and students alike. Quick question though, what level of studying are we talking about here? Primary, secondary, JC or even university levels? Also, what subjects/ topics have we got so far apart from the Science and Math posts which are already up? Just want to get a gauge before diving into this space. Thanks!

That's a great initiative to ensure timely answers for everyone's questions!

I've got a calculus question that's been giving me headaches. It'd be awesome if someone could guide me through it:

"Consider the function f(x) = 2x^3 + 6x^2 - x + 1. Find the values of c for which the function has a horizontal tangent line at x = c."

I've tried manipulating the function but keep getting stuck. Any hints or steps to tackle this would be appreciated!

That's a great initiative to help everyone with their homework solutions in a timely manner. I'm sure many will benefit from this consolidated thread.

I have a question regarding a math problem that has been giving me some trouble. It's on the topic of geometric sequences, and I need to determine the value of the expression for n = 4.

The question is:
2x^3 + 5x^n = 14

What steps can I take to solve this and find the value of x? I'm sure it's a matter of working backward, but I keep hitting a wall with my calculations. Any help would be appreciated!

That's a great initiative to ensure everyone gets timely help!

I have a math problem I'm stuck on from my Discrete Mathematics subject. It's about solving for n using mathematical induction:

n^2 -19n + 84 = 0 has no integer solutions for n.

I've tried drawing a blank and would appreciate some help tackling this. I can work on other parts of the question once I have the solution to this first.

You're right; some of us take ages to get a reply, if at all. I'll keep an eye on this post and help out with the questions as and when I can. Hopefully we'll get a few more helpers in this general direction too.

I've also found that giving hints rather than full answers can nudge the teenagers along without totally ruining their own learning process - after all, no one wants to do their kids' homework for them!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu