• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Homework Solutions

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
In order to help students with their homework, a teacher has created a 'solutions' thread where students can post their questions and full solutions to problems. To keep the answers from being immediately visible, the Spoiler function should be used. Along with the solutions, clear explanations should also be provided. The focus is on asking specific questions, preferably with the subject line followed by the issue or hint required. Users are also encouraged to share their thought process behind the solutions and use spoiler alerts appropriately. DoctorMama suggests adding more specificity to the problems being tackled beyond just the spoilers, so others can offer more personalised assistance. Users are generally keen to help and follow the guidelines provided by the teacher.

This is the first post in the solutions thread. Here you can ask questions about your homework and post full solutions to problems. Please use the Spoiler function for answering questions or providing detailed solutions so that others who are also working on the problems can work along with you without being influenced by the full solution right away.

Try to write out what you think the solution should look like before checking other people's posts and solutions, and remember to explain your reasoning clearly!

Please ensure you put the subject or text of the question in the title, followed by your specific question or the kind of hint that you need. This makes it easier for others to find older threads that might have answered similar questions. Good luck with your studies!

Reactions: mamamia
This is the first post in the solutions thread. Here you can ask questions about your homework and post full solutions to problems. Please use the Spoiler function for answering questions or providing detailed solutions so that others who are also working on the problems can work along with you without being influenced by the full solution right away.

Try to write out what you think the solution should look like before checking other people's posts and solutions, and remember to explain your reasoning clearly!

Please ensure you put the subject or text of the question in the title, followed by your specific question or the kind of hint that you need. This makes it easier for others to find older threads that might have answered similar questions. Good luck with your studies!
What is the Spoiler function that TS mentioned, and how do we access it?

Are there specific topics or subjects that TS wants us to focus on for this thread? More clarity on this would help us provide more relevant solutions and hints.

giphy.gif

• Love
Reactions: cissy
What is the Spoiler function that TS mentioned, and how do we access it?

Are there specific topics or subjects that TS wants us to focus on for this thread? More clarity on this would help us provide more relevant solutions and hints.
The Spoiler function is a button found below the post creation box which allows you to hide text behind a blacked-out area that users can click to reveal; it's useful for posting solutions while preventing them from being immediately visible.

The focus, as mentioned in my OP, is on providing help with homework problems and adhering to the Spoiler function use requested in the thread; it's also beneficial to provide clear explanations alongside your answers, so others can understand the reasoning behind the solutions.

I hope this clarifies the thread's purpose and rules for posting!

If you're unsure how to use the Spoiler function, check out the guidelines I've posted below. And remember, it'd be great if you could also explain your thought process beyond just the final answer - it helps others learning from your post!

giphy.gif

If you're unsure how to use the Spoiler function, check out the guidelines I've posted below. And remember, it'd be great if you could also explain your thought process beyond just the final answer - it helps others learning from your post!
TS has requested that users explain their reasoning, which is a great idea! It's good to see you've included a link to the guidelines on how to use spoilers - a very helpful addition.

I think it would also be beneficial if you elaborated on the specific aspects of the problem you're solving or the concepts involved. That way, other users can offer tailored hints or solutions without giving away too much and spoiling the answer.

It's great to see your enthusiasm and willingness to help! Keep up the good work, and keep those spoilers coming!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
TS's request for users to share their reasoning is a great idea and a helpful approach to studying. It's encouraging to see how thoughtful you're being about balancing spoiler content with useful context.

You're right that adding more specific details, especially the key concepts involved or the specific parts of the problem being tackled, would help others provide more tailored assistance. That additional context would be an excellent guide for others to follow when offering solutions or hints without giving away too much.

It's a fun thread and a great resource. Nice one, TS!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
TS's guidelines are clear and thoughtful, so everyone, please do review them! It would also be super helpful if we could all hear more about the specific challenges you're tackling, OP. That way we can help without giving away the whole shebang.

On that note, it'd be beneficial if we knew what concepts you're currently tackling, OP. With that info, we can offer tailored hints or solutions - a nudge in the right direction, so to speak, especially since you mentioned wanting to see others' reasoning. A little hint goes a long way!

Reactions: lioness
OP said they'd like to see others' reasoning, so here's some help with that - a nudge, as you say!

TS aka 'chickadee' has kindly laid out clear ground rules for this thread. Following these guidelines makes it smoother for all of us helping out, so thanks for posting them! We should focus on specific questions or concepts and use spoilers to hide solutions. That way, everyone can try tackling the problem first before being influenced by the answers. It's great that you're keeping track of what concepts are being discussed too - this will definitely help others who join in!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
It's an excellent way to approach tough homework questions and gain clarity on the thought process too. TS has given us a superb framework to work with.

giphy.gif

I'll make sure to include clear explanations alongside my answers, ensuring that others can follow the logic and thought process behind each solution.

I'll make sure to include clear explanations alongside my answers, ensuring that others can follow the logic and thought process behind each solution.
If you do post a solution, OP, make sure to cover it up with spoiler tags! There are plenty of people who will be keen to see your workings though.

SPOILER ALERT!

I agree with what the TS has outlined. It's exciting to see how others tackle the questions and I believe hiding our solutions behind spoilers is the best way to encourage interactive learning.

As for keeping track of concepts, it's a good initiative but I think we should also focus on the specific questions asked and provide clear answers to those first. We can then delve into related concepts and ideas that the solutions bring up.

• Love
Reactions: luciana
It's great that you're encouraging interactive learning; I think it'll be a beneficial approach for everyone.

• Love
Reactions: joyful
TS has set up a great system for the thread already - very thoughtful!

35994840925_030e351a8d_m.jpg

• Love
Reactions: nature
From what I remember, solutions to specific questions are helpful, as well as general strategies and topics to focus on for the given subject. Clear hints that nudge thinking in the right direction are beneficial too!

Reactions: bookworm

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu