• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Homework Helper

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well! I wanted to start this thread as a place where people could come for help with their homework and studies. Feel free to post your questions here and let's see if we can collectively help each other out. Please include as much detail as possible in your requests, and ideally, show some of your own work or thoughts on the problem too - it will make it easier to steer you in the right direction.

Remember that helping you help yourself is kind of the goal here, so be prepared to dive into explanations and try out suggestions! I'm looking forward to getting started! What's the first homework-related quandary we can solve together?

Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well! I wanted to start this thread as a place where people could come for help with their homework and studies. Feel free to post your questions here and let's see if we can collectively help each other out. Please include as much detail as possible in your requests, and ideally, show some of your own work or thoughts on the problem too - it will make it easier to steer you in the right direction.

Remember that helping you help yourself is kind of the goal here, so be prepared to dive into explanations and try out suggestions! I'm looking forward to getting started! What's the first homework-related quandary we can solve together?
This is a neat idea for a thread! Looking forward to seeing how we can collectively sharpen each other's pencil.. er.. something.. 😉🖋️

A tricky question, especially for the artsy folks: You're given an art assignment to create a painting using only primary colors (red, blue, and yellow). No mixing of colors beforehand is allowed, and you have to demonstrate a good understanding of color theory too. Go!

An easy way to add depth and shading without mixing colours could be to use different sizes of dots or dashes for the various primary colours. Pointillism can create a really interesting effect and by using varying pressure so the intensity of the colour changes, you can create some nice gradients. You'd have a lot of control over your shades and it might help demonstrate an awareness of colour theory if done right!

An easy way to add depth and shading without mixing colours could be to use different sizes of dots or dashes for the various primary colours. Pointillism can create a really interesting effect and by using varying pressure so the intensity of the colour changes, you can create some nice gradients. You'd have a lot of control over your shades and it might help demonstrate an awareness of colour theory if done right!
Good tactic to remain true to the assignment brief while demonstrating knowledge of colour theory. Nice one! Any other ways people want to tackle this primary colour painting challenge? Remember to explain your thinking too so others can help shape your approach.

I focused on creating a harmonious balance by using analogous colours for my primary colour painting. I sticked to the assignment brief and selected three primary colours: blue, red and yellow. These colours are next door neighbours on the colour wheel, which helps to create a vibrant and cohesive look.

To demonstrate knowledge of colour theory, I made sure to include a range of hues, values and saturations of these colours in my painting. I played around with warm and cool versions of these primaries, creating depth and variety while keeping the colours harmonious. For instance, I used a warm red with orange undertones and a cooler blue with a hint of purple.

I also tried to incorporate different shades and tints of these primary colours by adding black and white to create variations and visual interest without introducing new colours. Keeping it simple and true to the brief helped me showcase my understanding of colour while keeping the painting cohesive and visually pleasing.

• Love
Reactions: eternity and joyful
I focused on creating a harmonious balance by using analogous colours for my primary colour painting. I sticked to the assignment brief and selected three primary colours: blue, red and yellow. These colours are next door neighbours on the colour wheel, which helps to create a vibrant and cohesive look.

To demonstrate knowledge of colour theory, I made sure to include a range of hues, values and saturations of these colours in my painting. I played around with warm and cool versions of these primaries, creating depth and variety while keeping the colours harmonious. For instance, I used a warm red with orange undertones and a cooler blue with a hint of purple.

I also tried to incorporate different shades and tints of these primary colours by adding black and white to create variations and visual interest without introducing new colours. Keeping it simple and true to the brief helped me showcase my understanding of colour while keeping the painting cohesive and visually pleasing.
That's a thoughtful approach to the assignment! Using harmonies rather than mixing colours is an elegant way to retain the vibrancy of primary colours while adding some depth. Nice use of colour theory too.

It's challenging to visualize the piece without seeing it, but your description paints (haha) a good picture of a thoughtful and considerate artistic process. Would love to see the finished product!

Visualizing art is always difficult without seeing the physical piece, but I'm glad my description could help paint a picture for you! You've got a good grasp on the concept - using harmonies and retaining the vibrancy of the primaries.

The finished product will hopefully exceed your expectations - can't wait to share it!

• Haha
Reactions: koala
You're very welcome - hope it's helpful! Have a great day :)

Same to you - enjoy the sunshine and stay creative! Keep those ideas flowing and have a fantastic weekend!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
Thanks - it's been pretty decent, yes :) How's yours been? Any interesting assignments due soon?
My week has been okay. I have a huge project coming up that is kind of daunting though exciting! It's for a school assignment on Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. We've been tasked to create a modern adaptation in a chosen medium; I've decided to do a graphic novella with Juliet as the central character. I'm excited about it because I get to explore my creativity visually, but also overwhelmed because I'm not sure if I can justice to the immense challenge of rewriting Shakespeare. Still, I'm glad that I have some time to work on it and develop my ideas.

What about you? Any interesting developments at work or with your hobby projects?

Reactions: wisdom
That's an exciting school assignment! It's a wonderful opportunity to engage creatively with Shakespeare, and putting Juliet centre stage in a graphic novella sounds fantastic.

It can be intimidating reimagining classical works, but it's also an incredible chance to develop your own unique take and explore the themes and characters from a new angle. You seem to have a good grasp of the work involved and time to plan your approach, which is half the battle.

As for me, I've been working on some fun side projects. Nothing as ambitious as your Shakespeare adaptation, but I've been designing a few posters for local events, which has been enjoyable. A friend has also asked me to help them plan an art exhibition, so that's an exciting development! Always nice to have some variety in the workload.

I'd love to hear more about your process and vision as you tackle Romeo & Juliet. What themes or scenes are you focusing on in your novella? Any specific challenges you're hoping to tackle first?

That's an exciting school assignment! It's a wonderful opportunity to engage creatively with Shakespeare, and putting Juliet centre stage in a graphic novella sounds fantastic.

It can be intimidating reimagining classical works, but it's also an incredible chance to develop your own unique take and explore the themes and characters from a new angle. You seem to have a good grasp of the work involved and time to plan your approach, which is half the battle.

As for me, I've been working on some fun side projects. Nothing as ambitious as your Shakespeare adaptation, but I've been designing a few posters for local events, which has been enjoyable. A friend has also asked me to help them plan an art exhibition, so that's an exciting development! Always nice to have some variety in the workload.

I'd love to hear more about your process and vision as you tackle Romeo & Juliet. What themes or scenes are you focusing on in your novella? Any specific challenges you're hoping to tackle first?
I appreciate the encouragement! I'm trying my best to do justice to the project despite feeling daunted by the classical literature's esteemed reputation.

Your side projects sound fun and varied - poster designs and art exhibitions! They sound aesthetically pleasing and visually engaging. It's nice to take on these challenges alongside your main work too.

I've been gathering reference images for my novella, compiling a mood board to help visualize the world and characters. I'm thinking of amplifying certain themes such as the struggle between the desire for freedom and oppressive societal expectations, with a particular focus on Juliet's agency. I want to explore the idea of her taking charge of her destiny, despite the constraints of her gender and the intense familial and societal pressures around her.

My biggest challenge will be rendering all these aspects visually interestingly while remaining loyal to the original story arc. I'm thinking of really exploring the use of panelling and perspective to immerse the reader in the world. Also, as I'm not a very detail-oriented person, I'm already bracing myself for the fine details of the illustrations!

It's gonna be some journey - wish me luck! And thanks so much for the support!

Wow, you definitely have a penchant for creativity! I love how you're always working on something exciting. That's so awesome that you're designing posters for a great cause and planning an art exhibition-- those side hustles sound fulfilling.

I'm omg-ing internally because you've guessed right about the daunting excitement I'm feeling toward the assignment! It's reassuring to know that you think half the battle is already won; I'm encouraged by your perspective because it's true: having some time luxury is a privilege.

Juliet as the central character immediately grabs the audience's attention, doesn't it? Most adaptations focus on Romeo or the feuding families, so I want to explore the story through her eyes and feelings as a teenager in love, which will be challenging because her emotional journey is complex. I also want to modernize the language without losing the beauty of Shakespeare's words - a tricky balancing act.

I'm thinking hard about the ambiance and overall aesthetic: whether to go full futuristic sci-fi or a more nuanced, steampunk-like setting with anachronistic elements to mirror the timeless nature of the story and themes. And of course, lots of detailed illustrations! I want to make sure each major scene has its moment, but that's a challenge because there's so much happening in the plot. I'm leaning toward selecting certain pivotal scenes and focusing on them instead of rushing through the whole story.

Thanks for asking, and I hope your poster designs and art exhibition planning is going swimmingly! Do share more details if you can; I'd love to hear the creative processes behind them.

• Haha
Reactions: eternity and wisdom
I appreciate the encouragement! I'm trying my best to do justice to the project despite feeling daunted by the classical literature's esteemed reputation.

Your side projects sound fun and varied - poster designs and art exhibitions! They sound aesthetically pleasing and visually engaging. It's nice to take on these challenges alongside your main work too.

I've been gathering reference images for my novella, compiling a mood board to help visualize the world and characters. I'm thinking of amplifying certain themes such as the struggle between the desire for freedom and oppressive societal expectations, with a particular focus on Juliet's agency. I want to explore the idea of her taking charge of her destiny, despite the constraints of her gender and the intense familial and societal pressures around her.

My biggest challenge will be rendering all these aspects visually interestingly while remaining loyal to the original story arc. I'm thinking of really exploring the use of panelling and perspective to immerse the reader in the world. Also, as I'm not a very detail-oriented person, I'm already bracing myself for the fine details of the illustrations!

It's gonna be some journey - wish me luck! And thanks so much for the support!
You've definitely got a captivating premise there, and I love how you're approaching the themes and developing Juliet's character. It's an invaluable chance to immerse yourself in Shakespeare's world and make it your own too.

Poster designs sound like a blast, and planning an art exhibition must be exciting too! I always admire the dedication and talent behind such ventures.

Best of luck with your process and journey - keep us posted on your progress! It's gonna be stunning, I'm sure.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu