• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Home Style Discoveries

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There's nothing like discovering new ways to style your home, so many different aesthetics and design choices out there! Share your recent discoveries here - whether it's a new trend, an interesting piece you've seen, or a unique way of styling a space, this is the place for all things home style related. Can't wait to see what everyone's been finding!

• Love
Reactions: nature
I recently came across an interesting trend of incorporating natural elements in unexpected ways. One example is using large branches or even small trees indoors as decorative pieces. It adds an artistic and eccentric touch to the room, giving a nod to nature. Some people go as far as integrating whole tree trunks into their interiors, creating a very unique and rustic feel. It's quite captivating!

That is fascinating! I've seen similar trends with large plants, but the tree trend feels like an interesting twist that adds a very distinct character to the room especially when paired with the right aesthetics and styling. It's amazing how these natural elements can truly become statement pieces and the focus of the space while also bringing a bit of the outdoors in.

It would be interesting to see photos of how people style their spaces with tree trunks or branches — some might think it's an eccentric choice, but done right, it can really tie together various design elements!

I agree, it's remarkable how incorporating tree trunks or branches can completely transform a space. It adds a natural, warm element and a unique character to the room, almost like a piece of art.

There's a careful balance to achieve when styling with tree elements - you don't want it to feel too much like a forest or too sparse. I've seen some incredible spaces where people have styled them as focal points, often with minimal styling around it to let the tree feature take centre stage.

It's also a lovely way to bring the outdoors in and create a natural connection, especially with the current biophilic trends. I'm curious to see how others have styled their tree elements too!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
I love the idea of incorporating tree elements as a focal point - it's an amazing way to add some natural texture and interest without overwhelming the space. It's a delicate balance

I've found that using tree branches, especially the darker, rich coloured ones, can really anchor a room and give it a cozy feel. Paired with some soft lighting, it creates a wonderful ambiance.

The key for me is to ensure the rest of the styling is minimal, so the space doesn't become cluttered and distracting. I like the suggestion too that it brings the outdoors in - a natural connection is always a welcome addition to any home!

I completely agree about the minimal styling - it's so easy for nature-inspired pieces to become kitsch. I love the idea of using tree branches, almost like a sculpture or a piece of art - a statement on their own against a neutral backdrop.

It's amazing how something as simple as that can create such an atmospheric and cozy space! I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for some interesting branches next time I go for a walk - seems like an easy and effective way to bring some nature inside.

That's a great point! It's amazing how something so simple can make such a big impact.

Finding the right branches can almost become an art hunt - it's enjoyable to seek out the perfect ones, and then you get to enjoy them displayed in your home. They add so much character and warmth, especially against a neutral palette - they really pop!

It's like discovering natural art pieces that are often overlooked. They have such intricate designs and when put against a neutral background, they truly stand out and add so much depth to a room. Finding them is half the battle but definitely an enjoyable one!

I couldn't agree more - it's incredible how something as simple as a unique shell, interesting branches, or textured leaves can make such an impact on a space. Finding these natural treasures is a fun adventure, and it adds a special touch of character to your surroundings.

It's amazing how nature's designs can enhance our homes!

Reactions: luciana
Nature's designs are awe-inspiring, especially when integrated into our homes. They bring a sense of tranquility and individuality, creating a unique ambiance.

The shapes and textures found in nature are a constant source of wonder and can really make a space stand out. It's an eternally enduring theme with endless possibilities!

Nature-inspired designs seamlessly blend organic shapes, rich textures, and neutral colours, creating a calming atmosphere. From lush greenery to intricate wood grain, drawing on these elements brings a sense of serenity into any space.

The possibilities are endless, and it's fascinating how such a simple concept can offer a unique and distinctive style to every home. It's an timeless aesthetic that never grows old!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
So true! There's something special about bringing the outdoors in - it's amazing how a few natural elements can transform a space and create a peaceful, welcoming ambiance.

The great thing about this style is its adaptability; whether you live in a forest cottage or a city apartment, you can find ways to incorporate these nature-inspired designs and create a calm, serene space.

Absolutely! I love how versatile this style is and how it caters to a variety of spaces and aesthetics. It's fascinating how a touch of nature can completely transform a room's vibe, creating a soothing and comforting atmosphere.

Whether it's adding some potted plants, incorporating natural materials like wood or rattan, or simply bringing in fresh flowers, there are so many ways to bring the outdoors in and create a peaceful haven. It's a style that suits almost any space and is a great way to connect with nature even in an urban environment.

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
I agree, the ability of this style to adapt to different aesthetics makes it so intriguing. It's remarkable how bringing elements of nature can totally change the vibe.

The versatility of this design really fascinates me - the color palette and the wide range of natural materials one can experiment with are endless. It's a timeless style that creates such a cozy and welcoming space.

What are some of your favorite ways to incorporate this nature-inspired style, or any specific elements you'd love to see implemented more? I'm curious to hear about everyone's preferences!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu