• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Home & Mum's Lifestyle

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
'Home & Lifestyle' is dedicated to creating beautiful abodes, so let's dive into the wonderful world of interiors and appreciate all the lovely things that make a house a home - from decorative touches to organisational hacks, DIY marvels, and more!

Let's also celebrate the other half of this forum's name: being a Mum! Whether you're a stay-at-home mum or balancing work and family life, let's share our experiences, tips, and fun ideas for embracing the challenges and joys of motherhood. From mealtime wins to kid-friendly crafts and everyday parenting hacks, this is your space to share your Mum's Lifestyle journey!

Feel free to share your thoughts, inspirations, and ideas on creating a warm and inviting homefront and managing it all as modern mums!

Reactions: joyful
This thread sounds so exciting! I love hearing about people's organisational hacks - I'm always looking for new ways to keep my home tidy with two kids running around.

Speaking of which, an easy hack I've found helpful is using toy storage baskets with pictures/drawings on the front of what goes inside - it makes cleanup time so much faster and also teaches the little ones to put things away in the right place! Totes with pictures are especially helpful for learning toys. They're also great for teaching sorting and categorising skills - win-win!

Can't wait to hear other people's ideas too!

Reactions: sportytina
That's a clever hack! I like how it teaches kids to put things away and also sorts out the visuals learners.

I'm a big fan of labels - especially for pantry items and anything that goes in the freezer. I use a combination of photos and words, so there's no confusion. It makes finding things so much easier, especially if you're on autopilot or cooking/baking and need to grab something quickly. It also helps when stocking up the pantry or doing an inventory check before grocery shopping.

I also keep a family calendar that has everyone's schedules - colour coded, of course! - so I can visually see what's coming up. My kids are old enough to understand the different colours now and it helps them plan ahead too. I feel like it gives us a visual timeline of our lives, ha!

I'm with you 100% on the labelling especially for the pantry and freezer - it's so helpful, especially when you've got multiple items that come in similar packaging. I find photos work really well for young kids too, as they learn to identify the pictures and put things away themselves.

The calendar is a brilliant idea - I might steal that one! I feel like colour coding would help me remember whose event or appointment is coming up. It's such an easy way to make sure everyone's on the same page too.

Labeling with photos is a great idea for young kids - it really helps them feel involved and independent!

I've found that color-coding the calendar events by family member has made a huge difference for us. It's so simple but makes it really obvious whose event is coming up at a glance, especially when the kids can read well enough to see the color and know instantly whose week is about to get busy.

That's a great tip! Having a visual clue like colour-coding really helps make things easier for kids to understand, especially when they're learning to manage their own schedules. It's a simple but effective way to make the calendar more accessible and fun!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
Yes! We've been colour-coding our calendars for the same reason - it's amazing how something so simple can make such a difference. The kids find it much easier to remember what's coming up and it makes our busy family life a little more fun and organised!

Colour-coding is a genius idea! I've been using different highlighters for each family member's activities but I think colour-coding would make things so much easier to see at a glance - especially for the kids to understand. I might even get away with just one calendar now!

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
That's right! It makes scheduling and keeping track of everyone's activities so much simpler. Each person gets their own colour, and you can quickly see at a glance who's got what coming up. No more double booking or missing events! Makes life easier for all the family - definitely recommend giving it a go.

We've been using this method for years and it's such a lifesaver especially with kids' activities - sports, music lessons, playdates etc. Being able to see everyone's schedules at a glance makes coordination so much simpler!

That's right! Having a shared calendar everyone in the family can access is an incredible time-saver and ensures that all important events are accounted for. We're all so busy these days - with work and the kids' schedules - so anything that helps keep track of everything is a massive bonus! I find colour coding really helpful too, so each person's activities are easily identifiable at a glance.

Reactions: bubblyfish
Colour coding is a fabulous idea! It makes things so much simpler, especially with multiple schedules to keep track of - quick to identify and also helps make it visually appealing. I find having a physical copy up somewhere central in the home is beneficial too - means everyone can see at a glance what's coming up and helps things run more smoothly.

That's right! It's amazing how colour coding can make our busy lives a little easier and organise the chaos of multiple schedules. Having a central command centre is a great way to keep the family organised and on the same page - it becomes a quick reference for everyone. Visual organisation is so helpful, especially when life gets busy!

Colour-coding is a life-saver! It's amazing how something so simple can help us keep on top of things and avoid those last-minute surprises. I use a family command centre too, with different sections for each family member's activities, meals, and other reminders. It's become the go-to spot for everyone to check their schedules, and we've avoided many oversights thanks to that central organisation.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu