• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Home & Mum

bookworm

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Forum: Home and Lifestyle
Thread title: Home & Mum.

Being a mum has definitely shaped how I view my home and lifestyle - does anyone else feel this way?
My taste buds have taken a hit since having kids; I seem to only gravitate towards snacks these days! My once sophisticated palate has been replaced with an almost childlike foodie preference, haha. And decorating our home has also taken on a whole new dimension - having little hands reach up high and touch everything has certainly made my previous aesthetics take a back seat!

How about you? In what ways do you feel like motherhood has impacted how you view your home and everyday life? Any fun observations or changes you'd like to share?

• Love
Reactions: wellness
I also feel the same way! My standards for cleanliness at home has definitely heightened ever since having kids running around the house and leaving their marks everywhere haha! Can't be too fussy about decor anymore - got to keep things fairly minimalist or else it's a disaster waiting to happen!

Motherhood is a whole new ball game! I totally relate to the changes in taste buds - I find myself enjoying kid-friendly foods these days , and as for my home, well, it's definitely more lively and colourful, with lots of tiny socks and toys scattered everywhere. haha.

The thing is, I now think more about creating a safe and cozy environment, one that's stimulating and fun too. Got to keep those little ones occupied! So yeah, the focus has shifted, and it's quite a nice change really. Keeps things interesting!

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
Being a mum changes everything, including how we see our homes and lives. I feel you on the snacking thing; these days it's mostly snacks that I grab when I'm hungry - quick and easy stuff that I can eat with one hand, haha!

And I feel so annoyed when my carefully curated home decor is messed up by little hands. But then again, they're part of the new 'aesthetics' that comes with having kids - a whole new, heartwarming perspective on what looks good.

I think being a mum makes us think more about the future too - like I'm more inclined to save up for my kids' education and think about their future careers! Also, I find myself drawing up all these hypothetical scenarios in my head of potential dangers and accidents that could happen around the house , which has made me a lot more cautious!

Being a mum changes everything including the way we eat and decorate our homes! I'm more concerned about practicality and durability these days - everything must be hardy and able to withstand rough handling cos kids just have this amazing ability to destroy the most fragile things! Also, I find myself buying tons of small storage containers and baskets to keep all the tiny toys and knick-knacks in check. Can't have tiny bits and bobs lying around waiting to be stepped on!

• Haha
Reactions: lioness
Motherhood really changes our perspectives, doesn't it? I totally get what you mean!

I find myself nowadays more drawn to kid-friendly, practical furniture and decorations that are also stylish - gotta keep the little ones safe from sharp edges! And yes, my sophisticated taste buds have also taken a backseat since becoming a mum. These days it's all about snacks that are easy to eat with one hand, or are mess-free, haha!

Also, I didn't realize how much being a mom would affect my cleaning and organizing habits. Everything has to be super accessible and easy because of little helping hands that like to explore and get into everything! So now all the cleaning products have to be locked up high up somewhere or hidden away safely.

Motherhood's definitely changed my perspective on so many things related to home and lifestyle! I totally relate to the snack situation - why do kids' meals seem so much more appealing these days? Used to enjoy gourmet; now give me all the chicken nuggets and fries!!

Also, decorating has become a lot more functional. Gone are the fancy breakables up high, replaced by sturdy toys and books that can actually be played with! Gotta keep everything super accessible for little hands. Speaking of which, having kids definitely makes you childproof your entire home - it's like going back to being a kid yourself in some ways, remembering all the no-go areas!

Reactions: koala

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu