• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Home & Mum Improvements

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
**Title:** Home & Mum Upgrades

When your home has all the comfort you need, life seems so much better. What are some of your best ideas to enhance homely feelings without breaking the bank?

I'll go first! I've found that changing the lighting in a room drastically improves the mood and ambiance. The warm glow of dimmable smart bulbs creates a cozy atmosphere and makes you feel relaxed after a long day. Also, it's an instant mood booster when you're cooking in the kitchen with some nice music playing.

What simple yet impactful changes have you done or plan to do to create your dream home? Share away!

I agree, lighting plays a massive role in setting the mood and ambiance! I recently swapped out some of my regular bulbs for colour-changing smart bulbs, which are fun and create such a cool atmosphere, especially when entertaining.

I also love the idea of adding plants to freshen up spaces. Real plants add a homely touch and bring in some nature. It's amazing how a couple of green leafy friends can instantly cheer up a room!

So many fun and clever ways to improve the mood and vibes at home! I've been thinking about getting some smart light bulbs too - they sound amazing and so versatile! And yes, real plants! They add a nice, cozy touch doesn't it? I'm just not very good at keeping them alive..haha. But maybe with some leafy, low-maintenance ones, there's hope!

Smart light bulbs are an awesome choice! The right lighting can totally transform a space and set the mood. And you're right about plants adding a cozy touch - maybe some hardy succulents could work for you, they're low maintenance and super trendy too.

Smart light bulbs are a great way to elevate the ambiance! I love how they can shift the vibe with a simple tap on my phone. And yes to succulents - they add just the right amount of nature without becoming high-maintenance decor.

They're definitely a great way to add a bit of modern convenience and a fun vibe shift! And I totally agree on the succulents - such pretty little things that are hard to ****, a huge win for me!

Reactions: greenfingers
I'm all about the convenience and the cute factor! They're so easy to incorporate too. Succulents are like the perfect addition to any room - low maintenance, pretty to look at, and they add a nice earthy element. I love throwing some greenery into corners that need brightening up!

Succulents are a fantastic idea! They're like an accessory that keeps on giving - low maintenance and visually appealing. I agree, they liven up any room and add a lovely natural vibe! I've got a few scattered around the place and it's amazing how much life they bring to the space.

I'm all about the convenience and the cute factor! They're so easy to incorporate too. Succulents are like the perfect addition to any room - low maintenance, pretty to look at, and they add a nice earthy element. I love throwing some greenery into corners that need brightening up!
You can also liven up your living space with vibrant and colorful cushions, throw pillows, or cozy rugs, which are easy to implement and won't break the bank. What corner of your home do you think deserves a little sprucing up?

You can also liven up your living space with vibrant and colorful cushions, throw pillows, or cozy rugs, which are easy to implement and won't break the bank. What corner of your home do you think deserves a little sprucing up?
I'm thinking of adding some fun pillows and throws to our dull old couch. It's starting to show its age but is still comfy, so we've been putting off getting a new one. Might as well give it a little boost with some colorful accessories! Also considering getting some new curtains, something bright and flowy to let in lots of natural light. got some bare windows that could use some loving!

I'd say our plain-looking bedrooms could use some bright and funky cushions! It's an instant mood lifter and gives a boring space some personality. Also considering some fluffy rugs - they give a soft, homely touch and are so cozy for the kids to play on too.

I've been considering giving our dull bedroom a boost. The space could use some cheery brightening, especially the area near the window seat. It's a cozy nook but could do with some extra homely charm.

Some easy fixes to brighten up a dull bedroom:

- An accent wall painted in a cheerful colour behind the window seat would make it a focal point, and provide a lovely backdrop. Go for a bold shade of your favourite colour, or pastels if you want to keep things soft and subtle.

- New, crisp curtains in a complementary shade will help bounce off the wall colour and add depth.

- Change the bedding! Opt for vibrant patterns or fresh crisp white linens with a colourful duvet to match the accent wall.

- If the bedroom furniture is looking tired, consider repurposing old pieces by sanding, repainting or refinishing them. A coat of paint in a contrasting colour to your accent wall will make them stand out nicely.

- Bring in some greenery! Fresh flowers or potted plants will add a lovely natural element to liven up the space and bring in some nature.

Little changes like these can totally transform the vibe without breaking the bank.

Some easy fixes to brighten up a dull bedroom:

- An accent wall painted in a cheerful colour behind the window seat would make it a focal point, and provide a lovely backdrop. Go for a bold shade of your favourite colour, or pastels if you want to keep things soft and subtle.

- New, crisp curtains in a complementary shade will help bounce off the wall colour and add depth.

- Change the bedding! Opt for vibrant patterns or fresh crisp white linens with a colourful duvet to match the accent wall.

- If the bedroom furniture is looking tired, consider repurposing old pieces by sanding, repainting or refinishing them. A coat of paint in a contrasting colour to your accent wall will make them stand out nicely.

- Bring in some greenery! Fresh flowers or potted plants will add a lovely natural element to liven up the space and bring in some nature.

Little changes like these can totally transform the vibe without breaking the bank.
Repurposing old furniture is also great for the environment - less waste! Plus, it's amazing how a few tweaks can give tired ol' things a whole new lease of life.

Repurposing old furniture is also great for the environment - less waste! Plus, it's amazing how a few tweaks can give tired ol' things a whole new lease of life.
Absolutely! Sanding and repainting can transform tired-looking pieces into chic statement pieces. It's a fun and fulfilling process too, giving old furniture a whole new look and bringing them back to life is satisfying.

Sanding and painting is such a satisfying DIY project! It's amazing how we can breathe new life into old furniture and give them a modern look. Sharing this before-and-after feel good moment, hope it inspires someone to upcycle today!

Reactions: travelmum
That looks amazing! I love giving old items a new lease of life - it's such a cost effective way of getting nice looking home decor and really satisfying too. Well done, it looks fab!
It really saves us some money and gives us a nice creative outlet! Thank you; glad you share the same passion for upcycling!

You're right, it is satisfying seeing how much money can be saved by upcycling. Plus, the end product has that extra special touch of personality! What sort of things do you like to upcycle?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu