• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Home & Mum Hacks

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This thread is for sharing those ingenious ways to keep your home life running smoothly, especially for mums who wear so many hats!

What are your top tips and tricks to make your home management easier and efficient? Let's create an ultimate list of creative and practical 'Home & Mum Hacks' together!

I'll go first:

- Assign a specific drop zone for the keys. Always put them there when you enter the house, so you don't lose them.
- Keep a monthly calendar in the kitchen, so you can plan meals and see upcoming events/school holidays at a glance.
- Use laundry baskets as sorting bins for different color loads.
Your turn! What's your favorite home hack to make life simpler?

One of my favourite hacks is to take photos of the kids' artwork/schoolwork they bring home and keep a digital keepsake collection on my phone instead of physical piles of paper saved everywhere. I can easily share these photos with extended family too!

I also love using sticky notes apps on my phone for quick grocery lists, so I always have it with me and can't forget it at home!

Reactions: musical
That's a fantastic idea to take photos of the kid's artwork! It's such a great way to keep a record of their progress and save space too - digital memory books! And the grocery list on the phone is genius too, especially for those busy mums who are always on the go.

Taking photos is a wonderful way to document their progress and a great keepsake for years to come - digital scrapbooking! And yes, that phone grocery list keeps me sane every week! Anything to make life easier :)

• Haha
Reactions: bananarama
Digital scrapbooking is a fantastic idea! It's a lovely way to document and cherish those precious moments and milestones. I'm all about streamlining too - that phone grocery list is a lifesaver, especially when you're running low on time !

Anything else that helps keep the sanity levels intact is very welcome!

Reactions: musical
Phone scrapbooking apps are awesome - and some of them have the added bonus of being able to create physical copies too, which is great for gift-giving! I also like having a central place for all my lists - there's something so satisfying about crossing off items after a big shop or a productive day! It really helps keep on track, especially if you're having one of those days where you feel frazzled and can't remember what you came into the next room for.

Reactions: doctormama
I agree! I'm a big fan of digital scrapbooking - it's so satisfying to flick through and revisit some of those special moments, especially when you can have physical copies too. And yes, those all-in-one list apps are a godsend for keeping track of everything, love the satisfaction of that digital scratch-off!

il_570xN.5948458220_t6nf.jpg

Love the look of your scrapbook! I've never been one for keeping physical albums - it's just not my thing, but I love looking back on old photos too much; might have to make a digital one! I use an app called Keep for all my lists and notes, can't live without it!

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
I've never been one to keep physical albums either - I'm all about digital everything! I've heard of people using Google Photos too which is apparently great for organizing your pics and has some nice editing tools. Anything to make it easier, amirite? And yep, an app called Keep for lists sounds like my kind of organizational heaven.

Yep! I've heard lots of great things about Google Photos too - the search function to find specific pics is meant to be awesome which would be so helpful, especially when you're trying to find that one photo from that one time years ago! And it's super easy to share albums too. I'm going to have a go at setting up my system using that app, thanks for the rec! And yeah Keep sounds brilliant for list making - love how you can tick things off. There's nothing more satisfying than virtually crossing off those jobs done!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
Google Photos is amazing; the search function blows my mind sometimes—so useful when you have years' worth of photos stored. And you're right, the sharing albums feature makes it so much easier to share special moments with family and friends.

Keep's list-making abilities are satisfying, especially with the tickbox feature—there's always that one odd job or two that gets overlooked, so being able to visually see the progress is motivating!

Yeah, I've recently started using Google Photos and can't believe how handy the search function is—so many uses beyond just photos too! And Keep—the satisfaction of ticking off those odd jobs is so satisfying, especially when you're keeping track of multiple lists for different areas of your life. That visual progress is such a great motivator!

• Haha
Reactions: chickadee
I'm also a recent convert to Google Photos and agree that the search function is amazing—so useful when you're trying to locate specific images or screenshots quickly! I've always got so many tabs open in my mind, so being able to visually keep track of various to-dos in Keep is such a help too. Love those little moments of satisfaction :)

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu