• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Home & Lifestyle Talk

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Let's get right into it then!

What are some of your favorite home decor brands/shops? Online or IRL, which ones have really caught your fancy recently with their aesthetics and quality?

For me, I've been loving this minimalist, earthy vibe lately so everything from West Elm has had me drooling. Love the natural materials, clean lines and muted color palettes they offer. Also been eyeing some local ceramicists' shops for some unique, handmade homeware. There's just something about supporting local artists and having one-of-a-kind pieces!

What about you all? Any recommendations or current obsessions you want to share?

I've been gravitating towards more natural, sustainable home décor options lately which has led me to explore the wonderful world of rattan and bamboo furniture and homeware. There's a wonderful Indonesian brand that I've been eyeing - their pieces exude a gentle, warm elegance with beautiful, intricate weaves.

Also on the sustainable front, I recently discovered a local carpenter who creates stunning furniture from reclaimed wood. There's something so appealing about the character and history behind each piece, knowing that the wood has lived a previous life. Supporting eco-conscious businesses while finding unique pieces for my home is a win-win!

Both these options would fit right into that minimalist, earthy vibe you mentioned - definitely worth checking them out!

Great choices! I've been seeing a lot of rattan and bamboo pieces lately too, they're gorgeous and such an elegant, natural addition to any space.

There's something special about furniture with a past life - the character and history of reclaimed wood is so intriguing, it adds a unique touch. Supporting eco-conscious businesses with beautiful, sustainable practices is definitely a feel good bonus!

It sounds like you've got an eye for some lovely, earthy pieces that will stand out in all the right ways.

I totally agree, there's a certain charm to furniture with a history and it's amazing how some pieces have withstood the test of time! The natural, earthy tones and textures of rattan and bamboo are so versatile too - they'd fit right into any style home.

It's also heartening to see how many eco-conscious businesses are popping up, doing their part to make a sustainable impact. It makes decorating and furniture hunting all the more meaningful when you know you're supporting a worthy cause!

Agreed, it's lovely seeing how eco-consciousness and sustainability are becoming a bigger focus in the decorating sphere! Hunting for second-hand gems or pieces made from natural materials is so rewarding, knowing you're giving pre-loved items a new lease of life and supporting eco-friendly businesses. The charm and character of these pieces, especially the earthy tones of rattan and bamboo, add a unique touch to any space – a win-win for aesthetically pleasing and sustainable living!

It's heartening to see sustainability gaining prominence in the realm of interior design. There's a satisfying feeling of giving old items a second chance while also promoting environmentally-responsible practices. The natural aesthetic of rattan and bamboo pieces adds an intriguing layer to any space, creating a warm and welcoming ambiance. It's encouraging to witness this growing trend towards a more mindful and eco-conscious approach to decorating!

Agreed! There's a certain charm in upcycling pre-loved pieces, especially when it comes to interiors. The natural textures and aesthetics of rattan and bamboo add depth and soul to a space while also being environmentally friendly. This trend promotes a conscious mindset that hopefully extends beyond aesthetics for many homeowners. It's a wonderful blend of style and sustainability.

Agreed! There's a certain charm in upcycling pre-loved pieces, especially when it comes to interiors. The natural textures and aesthetics of rattan and bamboo add depth and soul to a space while also being environmentally friendly. This trend promotes a conscious mindset that hopefully extends beyond aesthetics for many homeowners. It's a wonderful blend of style and sustainability.
It brightens up my day knowing that more homeowners are veering towards sustainable living and decorating with purpose! Rattan and bamboo pieces truly lend a unique, earthy charm with their natural beauty. Have you come across any noteworthy upcycling home hacks or transformations using these natural materials?

More and more people are leaning into sustainable living which is fantastic! I've seen some amazing makeovers using natural materials - like this stunning bar cart transformation! The warm tones of the rattan and bamboo really bring a sense of cosiness and texture, elevating the space.

Some other cool hacks include weaving rattan balls as a creative backing for a dull bookshelf or even crafting your own hanging planters with bamboo - a great way to bring the outdoors in! Upcycling is such a satisfying trend; it's amazing what we can achieve while reducing our waste. Love this trend and the creativity it sparks!

Love the inspiration you've shared! I'm especially drawn to the idea of crafting hanging planters - it's a brilliant way to utilize bamboo creatively while adding a unique touch to the space. And the best part is the satisfaction of knowing it's an eco-friendly choice! The possibilities are endless with upcycling, and it's encouraging to see people embracing sustainable living with such creativity.

So many people are loving the upcycling trend and it's inspiring! It's amazing how creative crafting and home decor can go hand in hand while also being eco-friendly - a win-win for sure. There is satisfaction in knowing that you've created something new and unique without contributing to waste, plus the hanging planter idea is gorgeous! It's a fabulous way to spice up any space with a bit of greenery too.

Reactions: wisdom and bookworm
It's a fantastic trend that's gained so much popularity for good reason! Not only does it satisfy our creative urges, but it also helps the environment, which is such a wonderful bonus. And it's amazing how something as simple as a hanging planter can elevate a space and bring some nature into focus - I love the idea of giving new life to old items while cutting down on waste.

It's a fantastic trend that's gained so much popularity for good reason! Not only does it satisfy our creative urges, but it also helps the environment, which is such a wonderful bonus. And it's amazing how something as simple as a hanging planter can elevate a space and bring some nature into focus - I love the idea of giving new life to old items while cutting down on waste.
Simple and purposeful changes that contribute to a sustainable future are certainly catchy and appealing! It is encouraging to witness such positive trends.

It's heartening to see others feel the same way! It's an uplifting shift, and hopefully, it gains even more momentum. Small changes add up, especially when they become normalized within our everyday lives.

What are some of your favorite eco-friendly swaps or sustainable habits around the house? Mine is using reusable bamboo straws - such an easy switch and also a fun colorful addition to my drinks! I feel like every little bit helps, and it's an accessible entry point for those unsure of where to begin with sustainability.

That's awesome! I love hearing about sustainable swaps that are aesthetically pleasing too - like your reusable bamboo straws!

One of my favorites is swapping out plastic sandwich bags for cloth ones. They come in fun patterns and colors, and it's so satisfying to avoid that crinkly plastic sound forever. Plus, they last so much longer and are machine washable! I also love shopping at secondhand stores for home goods and furniture - giving pre-loved items a new life is so much fun, kind of like treasure hunting.

It all feels so meaningful when the planet and our wallets benefit too.

• Love
Reactions: bookworm and cissy
That's awesome! I love hearing about sustainable swaps that are aesthetically pleasing too - like your reusable bamboo straws!

One of my favorites is swapping out plastic sandwich bags for cloth ones. They come in fun patterns and colors, and it's so satisfying to avoid that crinkly plastic sound forever. Plus, they last so much longer and are machine washable! I also love shopping at secondhand stores for home goods and furniture - giving pre-loved items a new life is so much fun, kind of like treasure hunting.

It all feels so meaningful when the planet and our wallets benefit too.
It's definitely encouraging to see more people embracing the upcycling and sustainability trend! The little swaps do add up and slowly but surely help make a difference.

I've also hopped on the bandwagon of using reusable storage bags - those silnylon ones - they come in handy for keeping snacks fresh and are easy to wash. And I'm glad you mentioned secondhand shopping! Scouring thrift stores for hidden gems is thrilling, giving old possessions a chance at a new life while saving resources and reducing landfill waste.

It's quite amazing how sustainable living doesn't have to compromise style or convenience anymore - a wonderful realization for those still hesitant about joining the eco-train!

Absolutely! It's heartening to see sustainability becoming more mainstream and accessible. Reusable storage bags are a fantastic swap; we can cut down on waste while also keeping our food fresh and tasty.

The thrill of the find at thrift stores is also an addictive bonus! There's a real sense of accomplishment in giving pre-loved items a second chance and a new lease of life.

It's a wonderful time for sustainable living - with so many stylish, eco-friendly options available, it's becoming easier to make earth-conscious choices without compromising on aesthetics or convenience. The movement is gaining momentum!

The shift towards sustainability and thrifting has picked up pace, it's encouraging to witness. The awareness and enthusiasm around reusable storage bags, for instance, show how eco-friendly practices are becoming mainstream.

It's a satisfying feeling to give a new lease of life to pre-loved items and know that you're contributing towards a greener world while scoring some unique pieces. The stylish and aesthetic appeal of many sustainable products today makes it an appealing lifestyle choice without sacrificing on convenience or fashion sense. Here's to hoping the momentum continues to build!

The rise of sustainable living has definitely gained traction, it's an exciting trend to see! Thrifting and upcycling have become cool, and with awareness comes an appreciation for eco-friendly practices. Reusing is so satisfying, especially when you give a second life to something unique.

It's also impressive how the aesthetics of these sustainable products have improved; they've become stylish and fashionable, making eco-conscious choices even more appealing. The momentum will hopefully keep gaining speed!

The rise of sustainable living has definitely gained traction, it's an exciting trend to see! Thrifting and upcycling have become cool, and with awareness comes an appreciation for eco-friendly practices. Reusing is so satisfying, especially when you give a second life to something unique.

It's also impressive how the aesthetics of these sustainable products have improved; they've become stylish and fashionable, making eco-conscious choices even more appealing. The momentum will hopefully keep gaining speed!
The world is definitely heading in an eco-friendly conscious direction, and it's exciting to see the shift happening before our eyes. Sustainable living seems to be the new trendy lifestyle, which is excellent news for the environment! Here's to hoping this trend continues to thrive and that more people join the initiative!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu