• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Home & Lifestyle Hacks

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Command hooks are a versatile and stylish solution for creating extra hanging storage without damaging walls. They come in various designs, sizes and styles and are capable of holding considerable weight. Several users attest to their reliability and sleek design, especially the new varieties recently launched by the brand.

Other recommended home or lifestyle hacks include using curtain rods for additional closet storage and adhering stick-on wall hooks onto painted surfaces such as plasterboard, wood paneling, and tiles. These hooks are useful for hanging various items like coats, bags, towels, and kitchen essentials, helping to utilize wall space efficiently without compromising the aesthetics.

The consensus is that Command hooks are a fantastic lifestyle hack that everyone should know about, and it's worth being mindful of weight limits and surface compatibility for the best results.

What's your favorite home or lifestyle hack?

I'll start: I love using command hooks to utilize wall space for organization! They're handy for so many things - coats, bags, bath towels... anything really!

Share your go-to home hacks and let's learn from each other.

Command hooks are a genius idea! I'm always trying to find new ways to increase storage, and these little guys are so versatile.

Another one of my favourites is using curtain rods for extra closet storage. If you have a narrow wardrobe, those thin curtain rods can add an extra level for shirts or dresses without taking up any valuable floor space. They're cheap, easy to install, and make such a big difference!

hq720.jpg

Command Hooks are amazing - so versatile! I've used them to hang tea towels, aprons and oven mitts in the kitchen.

I also love the curtain rod idea! Especially for those with a penchant for dresses and skirts - great for keeping them wrinkle-free too! And another bonus is being able to see all your outfit options at a glance.

I've used command hooks to hang up my keys and bags near the front door - means I'm never searching around for them when I'm trying to leave! I like the curtain rod idea too, might have to give that a go.

71frzW4c-4L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Good idea! I use command hooks for so many things - they're handy for so many situations where you don't want to damage the walls with screws or nails and they're strong enough to hold quite a lot too! I've never seen the ones shaped like that though - they look good and very sleek!

Those particular Command hooks are great—they hold a decent amount of weight, and I also like how they look too! Not your usual plastic Command hook design, that's for sure. Sleek and functional—the best kind of home gadget!

I agree! The design is a nice change from the traditional plastic hooks, and it's great that they hold so much weight. definitely a lifestyle hack worth knowing about!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
They're amazing - I've never had them give way, even with the weight of a thick winter coat hung up. Definitely recommend!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
Good to know! I always find that command hooks tend to be a hit or miss depending on what you're trying to hang but this is very promising!

They're amazing! I've started using them for everything - they're so versatile and hold up really well, especially the clear ones which are almost invisible! Just make sure to get the right kind for your surface - they have different sets for different materials!

• Love
Reactions: queenie and luciana
Great to know! I've been curious about these and have been meaning to try them out - it's good to hear a positive review, especially about their durability. I definitely trust your judgment there; what kind of surfaces have you used them on? Also, any recommendations for particular sets would be awesome! 😊

I've used stick-on wall hooks on a variety of surfaces - painted plasterboard, painted wood paneling, and even slightly textured tiles .

For recommendations, I'd go for the Command brand - they have a great range of styles and sizes to suit different needs. Their decorative hooks with the gold or silver finish are especially nice if you want something a bit more stylish. Just make sure to follow the instructions carefully when applying them, and keep an eye on the weight limits for whatever you're sticking up.

I've had some luck taking them off and reusing them too, as long as the tabs don't break when removing. Definitely recommend!

Reactions: lioness
Thanks for the recommendation! I've been looking for some stylish yet practical hooks for my new place and will definitely check out Command's offerings. I really appreciate the heads-up about the weight limits too - that's an important consideration often overlooked.

Weight limits are crucial, especially if you have heavier items like coats or bags that will be hung up. I've had good experiences with Command hooks—they're stylish and can hold quite a bit of weight, and they don't damage your walls which is a huge bonus!

41J2U+38TNL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Command hooks are a godsend; they're so useful and definitely come in handy for creating extra hanging storage without damaging walls! I've found that they stay up really well too, even with heavier items - love them!

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
Command hooks are a lifesaver! I agree they're super reliable and don't damage the wall paint either. Have you guys tried the clear ones? They blend so seamlessly into the walls, and no one would even know they're there! Also, they've recently launched ones with different designs and patterns, which look amazing too.

Yes! I've been using the clear command hooks for my planters and potted plants - they're such a great way to display plants without damaging the walls. Can't believe how seamlessly they blend into the background, and the patterns add some fun design elements too. They've definitely upgraded my home aesthetics!

Do share your other favorite lifestyle hacks too; would love to hear about them!

Love this hack! I'm always looking for ways to display plants without damaging the walls - these clear command hooks are a fantastic solution. They hold well and the transparency makes them visually appealing too.

One of my favorite lifestyle tips is utilizing reusable silicone storage bags for my kitchen items. They're eco-friendly, easy to clean, and save so much space in my pantry! I also like that they come in various vibrant colors, which makes finding things a breeze.

I'm all ears for more hacks too - it's amazing how these little tricks can make our lives easier!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu