• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Home & Lifestyle Hacks

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score

Let's dive right into some awesome home and lifestyle hacks to upgrade our living spaces and simplify our daily routines! Share your creative ideas, clever solutions or inspiring DIY projects that have transformed your home or added a unique touch.

From space-saving wonders and organization mastery to budget-friendly makeovers and sustainable living tips, let's showcase the genius within this forum. Have you hacked an everyday item into something amazing? Do you have a green thumb tip for indoor gardening success? What about that one clever fix around the house everyone should know?

Let's get those creative juices flowing and unleash the ultimate home and lifestyle hacks!

I'm so into this eco-friendly, budget-saving, upcycling vibe! It's a great way to give old things a second life and also save some cash.

One of my favourite hacks is to repurpose old glass jars. Instead of chucking them away, I like to clean them out and use them as storage for spices, or even as a cute little vase for fresh flowers or plants! It's a simple way to add a homely, cozy touch, and also helps me keep my pantry organized.

Also, for all the tea lovers out there, here's a nifty trick! Reuse those steel tea strainers by turning them into infusers. Just fill the strainer with your favourite loose tea leaves, hang it over a mug, and pour hot water through it. Instant delicious tea, and you're saving the environment too! No more wasteful teabags!

What other sustainable swaps have you guys been doing in your homes? Share your tips, I'd love to hear them!

No need waste money buying those fancy multi-purpose cleaning sprays. Just mix some vinegar and essential oils, and you got yourself a natural all-purpose cleaner that's effective yet gentle on the wallet! Works like a charm and smells nice too.

Reactions: chickadee
I've got a pretty nifty one for ya! A great way to save space in a tiny apartment is to mount things on the walls instead of setting them on counters or shelves. For instance, I hung my pots and pans on a wall-mounted rack above my kitchen island, which makes it easy to access and looks nice too. No more cluttered drawers or cabinets!

The same goes for other things like bicycles - you can get those awesome wall-mount bike racks that help you save floor space. You could also hang tools, bags, and even some decorative items for a visually appealing and practical display. Just remember to use proper anchors and screws so everything stays put safely!

I've got a pretty nifty one for ya! A great way to save space in a tiny apartment is to mount things on the walls instead of setting them on counters or shelves. For instance, I hung my pots and pans on a wall-mounted rack above my kitchen island, which makes it easy to access and looks nice too. No more cluttered drawers or cabinets!

The same goes for other things like bicycles - you can get those awesome wall-mount bike racks that help you save floor space. You could also hang tools, bags, and even some decorative items for a visually appealing and practical display. Just remember to use proper anchors and screws so everything stays put safely!
Wah, your wall-hanging hack is super cool! I've seen those pan racks above the island counters - they look sleek and save so much space, man!

I'm also digging the idea of hanging bikes and tools up. Got me thinking about all the stuff I could fit on my walls to free up floor space. But ya, gotta be careful with those anchors and screws, eh? Don't want everything crashing down!

49186789456_f3fddace46_m.jpg

Wah, your wall-hanging hack is super cool! I've seen those pan racks above the island counters - they look sleek and save so much space, man!

I'm also digging the idea of hanging bikes and tools up. Got me thinking about all the stuff I could fit on my walls to free up floor space. But ya, gotta be careful with those anchors and screws, eh? Don't want everything crashing down!

49186789456_f3fddace46_m.jpg
Yeah, the wall-hanging idea is really something! I think people just need to be extra careful when executing it, so that their precious possessions don't end up crashing down and getting damaged.

It's quite amazing how creativity can help us unlock more space in our homes without having to do major renovations or buy new furniture. Hacking everyday items also helps to save money! We all got to live a little more sustainably too these days, so I hope more people will share their eco-friendly makeovers and green living tips!

Yeah, the wall-hanging idea is really something! I think people just need to be extra careful when executing it, so that their precious possessions don't end up crashing down and getting damaged.

It's quite amazing how creativity can help us unlock more space in our homes without having to do major renovations or buy new furniture. Hacking everyday items also helps to save money! We all got to live a little more sustainably too these days, so I hope more people will share their eco-friendly makeovers and green living tips!
Sustainable living and hacks go hand in hand, helping us reuse and repurpose what we already have. Love the flickr picture you posted! Who knew old tires could look so stylish?!

I'm all for anything that helps the environment and our wallets ;) What other eco-friendly swaps do you use at home?

If you're looking to add some greenery but have a brown thumb, try this easy hack! Fake plants can look surprisingly realistic these days, and they never need watering or attention - perfect for those of us who tend to **** any plant that comes through our doors.

I've been thinking of getting some lifelike faux succulents or even an artificial vertical garden for my stark white walls. It's a great way to bring in some nature vibes without the upkeep, and they're quite affordable these days too!

Yup yup! Let's get cracking with some awesome lifestyle hacks to jazz up our everyday living!

One of my ultimate favorite hacks is to repurpose old items and give them a new lease of life! Old tins or jars can become fun little planters for my mini succulents. I also like to revamp old furniture by giving them a fresh coat of paint or some snazzy new knobs. Not only does it save me money, but it's also a fun little creative project!

When it comes to home organization, I'm a big believer in labeling everything. Labels help me find things quickly and keep things tidy. I once ran out of those cute label stickers, so I made my own using masking tape and a marker - works like a charm too!

For easy peasy cleaning, my go-to natural recipe is a mix of white vinegar and essential oils. It's super effective and leaves the house smelling fresh, plus it's safe for the kids and pets! No harsh chemicals needed!

Yah, those pan racks are really chic and functional too! I'm also eyeing those wall-mounted holders for pots and pans. They can really maximize space in the kitchen and give a sleek, minimalist vibe.

But like you said, have to be extra cautious with the installation cause the last thing we want is a crash of the pots and pans mid-cooking. Embarrassing man! Better be safe than sorry, so might need to get some sturdy anchors and screws and maybe even add some reinforcing bars for peace of mind.

Any other hacks you guys have found for the kitchen? I'm all ears cos my kitchen could do with some sprucing up!

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays and koala
If you're into indoor gardening, here's a quick one! Reuse old plastic milk containers or juice cartons to grow herbs. Got some spare PVC pipes lying around? Those are great for growing strawberries. Drill some holes, add some soil and you've got a nice little vertical garden going. It's a great space-saving hack and looks pretty cool too.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu