• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Home + Life Enhancements

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Several people shared ideas on home and lifestyle upgrades they have implemented which helped make their homes more practical, spacious, organised and enjoyable. The consensus favorite seemed to be vacuum storage bags which compact blankets, clothing and bedding, providing an efficient storage solution. Multiple users spoke about space-saving strategies including stick-on hooks, slim cabinets and shelves, as well as multifunctional furniture pieces which are great for small homes and apartments. There were also mentions of decorative screens which can act as room dividers to segment open spaces and create versatile zones for different purposes. Additionally, tech upgrades like app-controlled thermostats added convenience and energy savings. Users also recommended magnetic storage solutions for the kitchen and study areas which free up space while keeping items easily accessible. Overall, these small changes made a big impact on making homes more comfortable and efficient.

Share your favorite home and lifestyle upgrades!

What's that genius storage solution you installed recently? Or perhaps you've discovered a new gadget that's made your life easier at home.

Are there any clever ways you've enhanced your living space, improved your daily routine or simply made your home more enjoyable?

Let's pool our collective wisdom on all things that make home life better!

I recently got myself one of those vacuum storage bags for my blankets and thick winter jackets! They're so space-saving and help keep my wardrobe and storage shelves neat and organized. Plus, it's easy to take out only what I need without disturbing the rest of the stack. I also love using those stick-on hooks for kitchen utensils and tools - they're cheap yet so useful for hanging up aprons, dish towels, or even my handphone while cooking!

53532874324_72c54ed16e_m.jpg

• Love
Reactions: koala
I got these really cool magnetic knife holders that I stuck onto the side of my kitchen island. They're great cause they free up space in my drawers and look kinda sleek and industrial too!

Also got myself one of those app-controlled thermostats for my AC. I can adjust the temperature or switch it off totally from my phone, which is super convenient cause I like to turn it wayyy down when I'm snuggling up in bed. Saves me a lot of money on utility bills too cause I can make sure it's not running cold when I don't need it to be.

I got this really neat shoe rack which solves all my shoe-cluttering problems! It's like a thin, vertical wardrobe for your shoes - so sleek and takes up minimal space! Each pair has its own compartment and it's easy to grab them or return them after cleaning coz it's tall and slender. No more piles of shoes everywhere!!

Reactions: greenfingers
I recently got one of those vacuum seal storage bags! It's so handy because it helps to compact all my out-of-season clothes and bedding, and they hardly take up any space now. So nice to be able to see everything clearly instead of rummaging through cluttered cabinets. I feel like it's a great way to utilize every bit of storage space efficiently.

I've been trying out these magnetic shelf strips that stick to the side of your fridge. They're great for holding spices and little jars, which frees up space in the cupboard below. Also good for keeping stuff like scissors and small cooking utensils within easy reach but not cluttering up the countertop. Pretty handy!

I recently got those vacuum storage bags! They're so useful for storing blankets, pillow fillings and even clothes that I don't wear too often. They help free up so much space in my tiny flat's storage areas. Definitely a great solution if you want to declutter and make your home look less messy!

I got one of those tall, slim cabinets that you see at Ikea. You know, the ones that seem to go on forever and can fit in a tight space? It's been super useful for storing all my cleaning supplies and vacuum cleaner accessories. No more dusting around bags and cans scattered everywhere! Assembly was a breeze too, so that's a plus.

I got one of those stick-on power strips with individual switches for each socket. It's a real space saver, and I can easily control what's charging without having to unplug devices. Also helps to manage the clutter of cables sticking out behind my desk!

200.gif

I got one of those stick-on power strips with individual switches for each socket. It's a real space saver, and I can easily control what's charging without having to unplug devices. Also helps to manage the clutter of cables sticking out behind my desk!

200.gif
Those vacuum bags are something else man! I've seen them advertised online but never thought they'd be so effective. Great for saving space especially if you live in those HDBs with limited storage like me!

Those vacuum bags are something else man! I've seen them advertised online but never thought they'd be so effective. Great for saving space especially if you live in those HDBs with limited storage like me!
I know what you mean! They're like magic how they compact everything! My sister got some for her family's clothing and linen, but she says it's a hassle to keep taking them out and vacuuming them every few weeks. Still, it's a small price to pay for the convenience of having so much extra space!

Reactions: bananarama
I know what you mean! They're like magic how they compact everything! My sister got some for her family's clothing and linen, but she says it's a hassle to keep taking them out and vacuuming them every few weeks. Still, it's a small price to pay for the convenience of having so much extra space!
Haha yes, I can understand the vacuum sealing might get tedious but it's a good problem to have imo! At least we know our storage spaces are well utilized now. Better than letting them lie empty and gathering dust.

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Haha yes, I can understand the vacuum sealing might get tedious but it's a good problem to have imo! At least we know our storage spaces are well utilized now. Better than letting them lie empty and gathering dust.
True, these space-saving solutions maximize every inch of our homes! Do you have any other nifty home enhancement tips or gadgets? Something like a multi-use furniture piece perhaps? I'm always on the lookout for clever designs that improve daily life at home!

True, these space-saving solutions maximize every inch of our homes! Do you have any other nifty home enhancement tips or gadgets? Something like a multi-use furniture piece perhaps? I'm always on the lookout for clever designs that improve daily life at home!
I've been eyeing these transformable, multifunctional furniture pieces that maximize space lately! They're like a nifty solution straight out of an IKEA catalogue.

One example is a wall-mounted dining table that folds down when needed, which is great for small apartments or studios. Or a couch with storage compartments inside for extra bedding and pillows when guests stay over. These are practical innovations that create extra space without compromising on style!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
I've been eyeing these transformable, multifunctional furniture pieces that maximize space lately! They're like a nifty solution straight out of an IKEA catalogue.

One example is a wall-mounted dining table that folds down when needed, which is great for small apartments or studios. Or a couch with storage compartments inside for extra bedding and pillows when guests stay over. These are practical innovations that create extra space without compromising on style!
Wow, those furniture pieces sound incredibly cool and handy! I've also seen some nifty space-saving designs like a adjustable-height coffee table with additional storage compartments beneath the main tabletop. It's like having a surprise hidden compartment!

Some creative designers really understand the struggle for space in Singaporean homes!! Do you have any specific room you want to focus on for enhancements or are these ideas just general inspiration?

Reactions: wisdom
Wow, those furniture pieces sound incredibly cool and handy! I've also seen some nifty space-saving designs like a adjustable-height coffee table with additional storage compartments beneath the main tabletop. It's like having a surprise hidden compartment!

Some creative designers really understand the struggle for space in Singaporean homes!! Do you have any specific room you want to focus on for enhancements or are these ideas just general inspiration?
They're not just inspirational ideas; I've been keen on enhancing our study room. It's a small space but has potential! Foldable furniture would be ideal so that the room can adapt to different purposes. Say, a writing desk that can double as a dressing table on makeup days or a gaming station for my little one occasionally.

I'm also eyeing some decorative screens which can be a cool way to create a partition and add a touch of zen with their intricate laser-cut designs. They're elegant room dividers that can help define different zones within the same space.

They're not just inspirational ideas; I've been keen on enhancing our study room. It's a small space but has potential! Foldable furniture would be ideal so that the room can adapt to different purposes. Say, a writing desk that can double as a dressing table on makeup days or a gaming station for my little one occasionally.

I'm also eyeing some decorative screens which can be a cool way to create a partition and add a touch of zen with their intricate laser-cut designs. They're elegant room dividers that can help define different zones within the same space.
Foldable furniture is a fantastic idea to multi-purpose your study room! It's practical and efficient, especially when you have a young child who will eventually need a separate play zone or a mini art studio corner.

The decorative screens sound amazing too. I envision they could also double up as a pinboard or even a place for plants! Having the ability to segment rooms within an open space is so versatile. Your study room enhancement plans sound very exciting!! Do share any before and after pics if you've any; it inspires us all! 😊

I recently got one of those vacuum sealed bags for storing clothes. It's really slim so it saves a ton of space in my cabinet! Been meaning to declutter and organize my wardrobe and this has helped me fit so many more clothes inside. It also came with a pump so it was super easy to use. Can't wait to go shopping now that I have more space haha.

I got this really sleek, tall boy dresser that's like a space saver! Super happy with how my bedroom looks now - feels less cramped with all my clothes nicely tucked away. Also found these sticky-backed fabric hooks that don't damage the walls but hold quite a bit of weight; they're great for hanging things like robes and small bags.

I got this really sleek, tall boy dresser that's like a space saver! Super happy with how my bedroom looks now - feels less cramped with all my clothes nicely tucked away. Also found these sticky-backed fabric hooks that don't damage the walls but hold quite a bit of weight; they're great for hanging things like robes and small bags.
Ah, the age-old quest for more space-saving ideas! You're smart to go vertical - that's often the best way to make the most of a cramped bedroom. These stick-on hooks sound like a real find; they hold plenty of weight but don't leave ugly marks on your walls. Win-win!

I've been pondering getting some flat storage boxes myself - nothing worse than misplacing seasonal items because you can't see what's in which box. The vacuum storage bags are also a genius way to compact things - blankets taking up precious space in the closet, be gone! And on the tech front, I'm eyeing those app-controlled thermostats too. Adjusting the temp from bed sounds too good to resist.

Any other clever tricks up your sleeve to share? Always nice to discover these little home hacks that make a big difference!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu