• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Home Improvements

koala

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Several individuals shared their experiences with home improvements and makeovers on Koala's post. Some commented on how renovations, big or small, could drastically change the look and feel of their homes. Before-and-after pictures were often mentioned as the best way to showcase these transformations. The changes reported by commenters included repainting, redesigning layouts, repurposing old furniture, and adding decorations like throw pillows and greenery. Many agreed that these modifications were satisfying, inspiring, and a cost-effective method to give their homes a new lease on life. Larger overhaul projects, though more challenging, were also discussed, emphasizing the wow factor of extreme makeovers. Overall, there's a collective admiration for creativity, resourcefulness, and the rewarding sense of accomplishment that comes with successful home improvement.

It's amazing how a few changes can transform a space! Share your home improvement successes, big or small. Post your DIY renovations, decor makeovers, or professional projects with "before" and "after" pics. Let's get inspired!

Reactions: nature
Wah, the power of renovation truly amazing sia! My humble own den also got a major spruce up recently, really refreshing to see how some simple touches can make such a huge difference! Before you know it, your house looks like a totally different place!

The feel so nice hor, very satisfying indeed!! Do share yours too! I'm sure lots of people would love to see the transformation and get inspired!!!

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
I love these kinds of makeovers! The 'before' and 'after' pics really showcase the amazing transformations that people achieve with some creativity and hard work . That said, I'm curious to see some major overhauls shared here - the kind that involve breaking down walls or changing up layouts. Those are often the most drastic and impressive makeovers!

53913435966_d1224728c2_m.jpg

I gave my old couch a much-needed makeover! Instead of buying a new one, I decided to repurpose it with some fresh fabric and cushioning. It's amazing how much more comfortable it is now and how much it brightens up the whole living room! Before, the old couch was a dull brown color and looked tired and worn out. But with some effort and creativity, it's like having a new couch without the price tag!

Yup! It's truly amazing how some small tweaks can brighten up our spaces and bring new life to our homes!

I recently gave my boring old living room a much-needed facelift by adding some vibrant throw pillows and a bold statement wall. The transformation was incredible! I also love how the before-and-after pics make the effort feel so worthwhile. That sense of satisfaction is the best!

Can't wait to see more inspiring makeovers in this thread! Sharing is caring, folks!

200.gif

Yeah, it's really amazing how some small touches can already make a huge difference! Like those home makeover shows - the "after" always looks so much better than the "before"! Can't wait to see your transformations! Show me the magic!! 😁

Yeah, it's really satisfying to see an old piece of furniture getting a new lease of life! I agree that some small changes can already make a huge difference in sprucing up the look and feel of the space. You must be proud of your creative touch in giving your couch a new look, and it sounds like a very comfy upgrade too!

The new paint job on the exterior totally uplifted the look of our house! What a great idea to add some pop of colours to spice things up. Everything looks so much brighter and cheerier man. I especially love those vibrant flowers you potted along the entrance walkway. They really bring life to the whole area. Home improvement projects are addictive - once you start, you can't stop haha! Can't wait to see what other changes you'll make!

200.gif

So true! Just did some repainting and changed the lighting in the living room. Brightened up the whole place! Feels like a new home now. Fresh and cozy!

200.gif

So true! Just did some repainting and changed the lighting in the living room. Brightened up the whole place! Feels like a new home now. Fresh and cozy!

200.gif
Yeah, it's amazing how some small changes can already make a huge difference! Feels like you got yourself a brand new space without the hefty cost of relocating. Would love to see some before and after pics though, if ya got any hidden up your sleeve.

200.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: cissy and sunflower
Your house is so aesthetically pleasing now man! I love how a simple paint job and some greenery can really liven up the place!

I've been considering something similar for my home's exterior, but haven't really gotten down to it. Might want to take some inspiration from your place and finally give it a much-needed facelift! Haha.

Reactions: cissy
I know right! I've seen some amazing makeovers online where people totally redesigned their spaces, even adding extensions and stuff. Some folks are so clever and creative! The before-and-after pics really show the power of a good redesign haha. Would love to see more extreme makeovers like that shared here too - they're super inspiring!

53913435966_d1224728c2_m.jpg

Yeah, it's amazing how some small renos can make a huge difference. We just redid our kitchen backsplash and replaced the old ugly tiles with some sleek new ones. It's so satisfying to see it done and finally match the aesthetic we wanted.

So true! I've been enjoying all the feel-good home makeover shows during this lockdown. It's like a form of therapy, man. All that redecorating and organizing, giving a whole new lease of life to old spaces - so satisfying! Can't wait to see some actual real-life makeovers here though! Show us the 'before' pics, the process, and the amazing 'afters'! Make this thread pop!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
A few well-chosen pieces can really amp up the chic factor! It's like giving your home a whole new look and vibe without breaking the bank. I'm all about those budget-friendly makeovers - they're so satisfying! And that's not easy to pull off, considering how expensive renovation supplies can get these days. But it's definitely possible to achieve with some clever hacks and lots of creativity! Share your secrets, people! I'm curious to hear them! 😊

200.gif

• Love
Reactions: cissy and koala
I just finished giving my bedroom a mini makeover! Changed the old wooden panels on the feature wall to some nice grey paint and added some simple artwork above the headboard. The room feels so much brighter and I'm loving the new vibe!

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
Yah! Wall demolition is always a satisfying sight. Gives the place a whole new feel and flow - like knockin' down a load-bearin' wall to create an open-concept living area. But these big projects got their own set of challenges too, especially if you're livin' in the space while doin' the renovations! Got to plan carefully for dust control and have contingency measures in case of unexpected issues.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: wisdom and lioness
I did a major sprucing up last year. Didn't hire a pro – did it all DIY style with some help from my sibling. New coat of paint, change of lighting, and some creative upcycling of old furniture. The before-and-after pics looked like two different homes man! It was hard work but worth it in the end cos it felt so satisfying to walk into a refreshed space each day.

• Haha
Reactions: cissy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu