• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Home Improvements & Mum's Life Hacks

sunnydays

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Multiple users shared their effective life hacks for simplifying home management. Sunnydays initiated the discussion with an innovative touchless kitchen faucet, facilitating post-meal cleanup. Wisdom recommended designated laundry baskets for each family member, shifting the laundry sorting responsibility to individuals and keeping clothing piles organized. The simplicity and effectiveness of velcro cable ties were praised by several users for managing cords in the kitchen and other areas. The chat also highlighted the advantages of using labels and dedicated containers for organizing household items like hair tools, creating an efficient and satisfying routine. These practical solutions focused on streamlining daily chores, fostering organization, and offering aesthetic pleasure—all contributing to a happier and easier home life.

As mums, we're always looking for ways to simplify and enhance our homes - and life with kids! Share your best home improvements, organisation tips, time-saving hacks or little things that make your home life easier, happier or more efficient.

I'll kickstart it by sharing my latest discovery: touchless kitchen faucet with a pull down sprayer. It's changed my post-meal cleanup routine because it's so easy to maneuver and saves me time washing all the sticky handprints! Looking forward to hearing everyone else's clever ideas!

That faucet sounds like a godsend!

One of my favourites is having a 'dedicated' laundry basket for each member of the family. Each person sorts their own laundry, and it makes life so much easier - especially when you have older kids who can then take on that chore themselves. Plus, no more mountains of mystery clothing piles!

Also, I recently started using velcro cable ties to tackle all the cord chaos. They're a simple fix but make a huge difference in our kitchen and home office.

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
Those are some great ideas!

The individual laundry baskets sound like a fantastic way to teach responsibilities to kids and also keep track of everyone's clothes.

I've found those velcro cable ties so useful too - especially for keeping charging cables safe and tidy. They're such simple solutions but make a world of difference!

The velcro ties are amazing aren't they! I use them everywhere - even cut down on trip hazards with all those cables around the house too. Anything to make life easier!

Reactions: techsavvy
They're so versatile! I've been using them to bundle up my hair tools and keep them out of sight, plus they keep the cords from tangling. Genius!

Reactions: greenfingers
That's a great idea! Organising hair tools can be tricky - love how simple yet effective that is. Anything to make our daily routines easier is a win in my books!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
So happy you think so! I'm all about simplifying life hacks and this one really helps especially when you're running late! Anything to save time and keep things tidy is a win-win in my books too!

Reactions: luciana
Simplifying life is always a great idea, and this hack definitely helps! It's a great way to stay organized and save time, especially for busy moms! It's a win indeed!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
This hack really does make life easier! I've been doing this for a while now - assign a specific bin/container for each type of item and then use sticky notes or labels to indicate its content. That way it's easy to grab the right container when you're in a rush!

That's a brilliant idea! I do this too and it makes finding things so much quicker, especially when you have multiple containers with similar content e.g. baking items or art supplies! It also helps when you're doing inventory or shopping because you can quickly glance at what's running low. Plus, it looks so satisfyingly organised!

I agree! Labeling and organizing your storage containers not only saves time but also keeps your pantry and supplies well organized. It's amazing how it becomes easier to locate things and plan your shopping when you have a quick glimpse of what's running low. The aesthetic satisfaction from seeing everything labeled and neatly arranged is an added bonus!

That satisfying moment when you find something you're looking for right away, because you organized it so well - love it!! Labels and an organized pantry/storage area really do make a huge difference, especially when you're trying to keep on top of the inventory and plan ahead too! That aesthetic pleasure is such an added bonus as well.

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
That thrill of the find is such a great feeling - it's like you've conquered the world, right? And it does look so pretty too; a win-win situation! An organized pantry makes life so much easier when you're cooking or planning meals as well - everything is accessible and you can see what you need to restock. I might be slightly envious of your awesome organization skills, but good on you!!

71xvK-IS4UL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Reactions: chickadee
That's right! Finding organizational methods for different areas of the home can be so satisfying-- especially when it makes life easier down the line. It feels like a win-win when you discover something pretty and practical.

Your pantry looks amazing! Those clear containers and uniform labels are seriously envy-inducing. Thanks for sharing your find; I might have to give this a go!

I certainly feel like everything being uniform makes it look so much tidier and the clear containers also make it super easy to see what's inside - especially helpful when you've got multiple similar items! It's always satisfying picking up an organizational hack that actually sticks!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
It looks great! I love the clarity and convenience of those containers too - they're functional and aesthetically pleasing, a win-win! It's amazing how something so simple can bring us so much joy lol!

• Haha
Reactions: sunnybunny
Thank you! I agree; sometimes it's the simplest things that bring the most satisfaction. I'm all about practicality and ease when it comes to storage - especially when it keeps everything organized and visible! The clear containers are a lifesaver for keeping track of what's where, and they look great too.

• Love
Reactions: queenie
Simple solutions really can be the most satisfying! Clear containers have such a practical appeal - it's a fantastic feeling when you can quickly find what you need without any fuss. The time saved and convenience of seeing everything clearly is definitely a home organization win!

It's wonderful how these little hacks can make life easier and bring a sense of calm to the everyday.

Reactions: koala

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu