• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Home Improvements and Mommy Must-haves

sunflower

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Now that I have some extra time at home, I've really been focusing on little upgrades and improvements around the house. Whether it's organizing our clutter or making our space a bit more functional and aesthetically pleasing, I enjoy finding ways to make our home cozier!

What are some of your favorite home improvement ideas, hacks, or products that have made a huge difference in your homes?

On the other side of the spectrum, as a new mom, I'm also curious about some mommy must-haves out there for the home. As a first-timer, I'm sure there are so many things I've yet to discover! What would you say are some essential items or gear that made your experience more manageable?'

For home improvements, one of my favorite hacks is using command hooks! They're a godsend because you can hang just about anything without damaging your walls. From coat racks to organizing bags and even holiday decorations, these bad boys save the day and look sleek too.

As for mommy must-haves, I'd say a versatile stroller that's easy to maneuver and fold is top of the list. One with plenty of storage space beneath for grocery runs is a huge bonus! And of course, a reliable baby monitor with good video quality so you can keep an eye on your little one from afar.

Reactions: lioness
For home improvements, one of my favorite hacks is using command hooks! They're a godsend because you can hang just about anything without damaging your walls. From coat racks to organizing bags and even holiday decorations, these bad boys save the day and look sleek too.

As for mommy must-haves, I'd say a versatile stroller that's easy to maneuver and fold is top of the list. One with plenty of storage space beneath for grocery runs is a huge bonus! And of course, a reliable baby monitor with good video quality so you can keep an eye on your little one from afar.
Command hooks are really versatile aren't they? I've used them to hang up keys near the front door and also to keep bags organized in the closet!

As for mommy must-haves, I agree that a good stroller is a Godsend. Something compact and easy to manage is top priority - you don't want to struggle with a bulky one when you're out running errands! And definitely a video monitor, so you can keep an eye on your little one even when you're in another room.

Reactions: koala
TS, the Command hooks are such a great idea! I've seen them in various shapes and sizes too so they can fit different needs around the house.

As for mommy must-haves, I'd second the motion for a good stroller - something sleek and manageable is a no-brainer. It's also worth investing in a high chair that can easily be wiped down because you'll probably end up eating a lot of meals while holding a fussy toddler!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
sunflower, you'll want to stock up on command hooks! They come in handy for so many different situations and really save the day with all kinds of hanging needs.

As for mommy must-haves, a good stroller that's not a beast to maneuver is a no-brainer And a high chair that's wipeable for mealtime messies is a great tip!

27280065177_873a39b9de_m.jpg

Reactions: nature
Also, for mommy must-haves, a lightweight stroller that's easy to steer is a no-brainer - makes life so much easier when you're out and about! And a high chair that you can wipe down after messy meal times is a big help!

giphy.gif

Reactions: travelmum
Sunflower, you've got some great recommendations there!

As a mom myself, I can vouch for the lightweight stroller - it's a God-send when you're running errands or traveling. And an easy-to-clean high chair is a definite plus, especially after those messy meal times!

Reactions: musical
sunflower, you've got some awesome suggestions already! Command hooks are a brilliant idea - so versatile and handy!

As for the stroller and high chair, yep - they're up there on the mommy must-haves list for sure. Having easy-to-maneuver essentials like these makes life so much more manageable, especially when you're doing it alone!

And yes, a stroller and high chair are essential for moms! Having practical gear like this makes a huge difference.

53650914044_9daf21e0b8_m.jpg

• Love
Reactions: queenie
And yes, a stroller and high chair are essential for moms! Having practical gear like this makes a huge difference.
As a mommy essential, I'd have to agree with the high chair pick too. A good quality, sturdy high chair makes meal times so much easier, especially ones that grow with the baby! And of course, once they're a bit older, a fun and sturdy table and chair set is a must for those art sessions!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu