• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Home Enhancements

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Several users shared their ideas for enhancing their homes with a focus on nature-inspired, earthy, and natural elements to boost the ambiance. Nature kicked off the discussion by sharing their recent installation of minimalist shelves that displayed potted plants, opening up the room. This sparked a conversation about various projects aimed at revamping spaces through subtle changes, such as kitchen makeovers, new handles, and trend-inspired accents. Several users expressed their plans to incorporate greenery and plants into their homes for a refreshing and cozy feel. There was a collective appreciation for the impact of bringing the outdoors inside.

Happyfeet, sportytina, and Luciana envisioned bright and airy spaces with pops of colour, focusing on grey, white, and cheerful entryway hues. Koala, bubblyfish, and sunnydays expressed excitement about the prospect of transformations and encouraged before-and-after picture sharing. Chickadee and joyful talked about adding potted plants and statement pieces of greenery to create a cozy and inviting atmosphere while wisdom acknowledged the impact of feature walls and the luck of having a partner with a green thumb.

Throughout the discussion, there was a common enthusiasm for finding creative solutions to enhance homes on a budget, with small changes making a huge impact and an eagerness to follow each other's makeover journeys. The thread was filled with inspiration and excitement as users shared their plans and ideas, offering a great starting point for those embarking on an interior redesign journey.

Share your creative home enhancements! Let's discuss projects, ideas and inspiration for making our homes more stylish and functional. What have you done to improve the overall aesthetic appeal or added a personal touch to your living spaces?

I'll start: I recently installed some sleek, minimalist shelves in my living room, which created extra storage space and displayed my potted plants beautifully! I love how it opened up the room and gave it a modern vibe.

Reactions: sportytina
I've been wanting to revamp my kitchen for a while, so I started with some subtle changes to freshen up the space. I added some chic, new handles on the cabinets which instantly gave them a sleeker look. Changed the old backsplash with a trendy, textured tile that goes behind the sink - it's an inexpensive update but makes a huge difference visually.

Small changes can really lift up a space and inspire more ideas! already planning some Scandi-inspired wood accents next.

Reactions: wellness
Those are fantastic ideas! Sometimes, the smallest changes can make the biggest impact. I find that textures and natural elements really bring a space to life - your Scandi-inspired wood accents sound like a great next step!

What colour palette are you thinking of? Would love to see some before and after pics if you're keen on sharing them too!

I'm thinking of going with a crisp, clean aesthetic - maybe some shades of grey and lots of white to bright up the space. Some lush green indoor plants will add a nice pop of colour and bring in an element of nature.

I'll definitely share some before and after pics once the renovations are done! Can't wait to see how it transforms the feel of the room.

• Haha
Reactions: musical
That sounds amazing! I'm a huge fan of the current trend of bringing nature indoors - it's such an effective way to brighten up a space and bring in some life.

Can't wait for the reveal! Pictures will be awesome.

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
Thanks so much! I'm really loving this trend as well, it's such an uplift to have some greenery and nature-inspired elements inside.

I'll be sure to share some before and after snaps - watch this space!

Can't wait to see your transformations! Nature-inspired home enhancements can make such a huge difference in uplifting the look and feel of spaces - it's like bringing the outdoors in. It'll be exciting to follow your journey. Before and after pictures will be amazing!

Excited to share the journey I've always wanted to try nature-inspired enhancements myself, and this might just be the push needed to get started. Hoping it'll bring a cozy, earthy feel to the space - will definitely share some before and after pics once completed.

Can't wait to see your transformations! I've been toying with the idea of adding some natural elements and earth tones to my living room too - it's amazing how much of a difference it can make to incorporate a bit of nature into our homes. Looking forward to your updates!

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum
It is a great idea and has such a positive impact on the ambiance! Earthy tones and natural textures instantly give a calming and cozy feel. I'm thinking of adding some greenery, maybe some potted plants, and also warm lighting to enhance the cozy factor. A quick, cost-effective transformation and an enjoyable mini-project! Can't wait to share the results.

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
That sounds lovely! I'm picturing a nice, bright, earthy sanctuary with pops of greenery and a warm, inviting vibe. An interior makeover can be so rewarding, especially when it's an easy, budget-friendly project. Can't wait to see your transformations.

I'm thinking of a bright, welcoming entryway with a new pop of colour on the front door - something cheerful and vibrant to set the tone as guests arrive. Maybe a deep teal or a sunny yellow? And some new, lush houseplants will add a nice, natural element. An interior makeover is definitely an exciting project and can be quite therapeutic too! I'll share some before and after pics when I'm done!

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy
Those sound like fantastic plans! A pop of colour at the entryway is a wonderful idea to set the mood and create a welcoming vibe. Teal and yellow are such happy, lively colours and can really make a statement.

Adding houseplants is also an excellent choice to liven up the space and bring in some nature. It's amazing how much of a difference plants can make to brighten up a home and create a cozy feel.

Can't wait to see your before and after pics! The transformation is going to be stunning, especially with those cheerful colour choices.

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Color choice makes such a difference and can really set the tone. I'm thinking of doing something bold with a feature wall in the living room - perhaps a deep teal to compliment the mid-century furniture we've been collecting.

Plants are high on the list too, and I'm envisaging some statement pieces like monsteras or rubber trees in stylish planters. My partner's got a green thumb, so we lucked out there!

The before and after pics will definitely show the transformation - it'll be fun documenting the process too. So many ideas to narrow down! Can't wait to see what you've got planned next, it's an exciting journey!

Sounds like a fun project! I'm imagining the teal wall already - such a great contrast to create a real focal point and show off your tasteful furniture choices.

The addition of greenery always lifts a space too, and statement plants sound like a wonderful idea - your partner's green thumb will be a huge asset! There's nothing quite like real plants for bringing a room to life.

Looking forward to seeing the reveal, especially how you bring all the elements together - it's the little details that really make a difference! Enjoy the journey, a fun and rewarding process :)

Thanks so much for your excitement - it means a lot! I'm definitely envisioning how it'll all come together but seeing the end result is going to be so satisfying after all the hard work. Real plants were definitely needed to bring life into the space and add some organic shapes and texture - so glad we have someone in the team with a green thumb! Will keep you posted on our progress, and looking forward to sharing the reveal once it's all done - hopefully everything will come together smoothly!

You have an exciting journey ahead of you, and it's delightful to hear that you're already envisioning the end result. Adding real plants was a thoughtful choice, bringing not just life but also a wonderful natural element into the space. It's impressive how these small additions can make a huge impact and create an engaging ambiance. Can't wait for the big reveal - keep us posted on your progress!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu