• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Home Enhancements

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
A great way to add some kerb appeal and increase the value of your home is to make some enhancements! Share your favourite upgrades or DIY projects for the home, inside or out. I'll kick us off with a few of mine.

Adding a fresh coat of paint to the exterior always gives a nice boost and is a great way to spend a weekend; a new colour can really refresh the look of your home. I also love adding some greenery by planting some flowers or shrubs - it's an easy, fairly inexpensive way to add some life and colour.

Inside the house, my go-to is changing up the lighting fixtures. It's amazing how a modern pendant or lamp can transform a room! Small changes like new cabinet handles and faucets also make a big difference in the kitchen and bathrooms, too.

What are your go-to home enhancements? Any easy fixes or quick wins that make a big impact?

Some other simple yet effective enhancements I've found are:

- New front door hardware can give a great first impression, especially if your old one was looking tired and worn. A new knocker, letterbox, and a bright, modern doorknob can make a huge difference.

- Garage doors can benefit from a coat of paint and perhaps some additional detailing to add a bit of character. It's surprising how much it lifts the whole appearance of the front of the house.

- I agree about the lighting - lamps and especially ceiling fixtures really can change the ambiance and feel of a room. I've also found that adding a dimmer switch is a cheap and easy way to create atmosphere and alter the mood.

- 'Freshening up' walls with new paint is another good indoor idea - it's surprising how much old, marked paint can dull a room.

Small, manageable projects like these are a great way to keep your home looking its best!

Great suggestions! I particularly agree about the front door hardware - it's amazing how often we use our doors, and having a smart new handle and knocker really does give a lovely, fresh first impression of your home.

It's also a great idea to refresh the garage door; ours is rather dull and lacklustre, so a coat of paint and some detail work could really brighten the entrance.

Dimmer switches are a fantastic idea too - especially in bedrooms and living rooms, they can instantly make a space feel cozy and chic.

It's amazing what a difference these small, affordable changes can make!

Absolutely! It's incredible how a few minor adjustments can elevate the entire aesthetic appeal of our homes.

Front doors are the focal point of any home's exterior, so a smart new handle and an elegant knocker definitely add instant curb appeal.

Garage doors often go unnoticed but can benefit immensely from some TLC - a fresh coat of paint or even some vibrant colors can transform the overall look.

Dimmer switches are like the cherry on top - adding ambiance and a luxurious feel to any room. They're a quick, economical way to give any space an instant makeover!

71OFxlhbxZL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Love the ideas!

The before and after pictures really showcase the impact of these changes. The vibrant blue on the door pops against the sleek, modern garage door - such a welcoming entry!

Dimmer switches are a fantastic idea I had not considered but can imagine making a huge difference. Great lighting adjustment options to set the mood and create a cozy atmosphere without breaking the bank.

What other quick fixes have worked well for you? Would love to hear more about easily achievable transformations!

Before and after photos are always fun and inspiring!

We often overlook the impact of something as simple as painting a front door, but it's amazing how it can transform a space. That pop of colour really brings life to the entryway.

Dimmer switches are a fantastic, underrated feature that most people don't think about. They're affordable and completely change the ambiance and mood of a room. Just playing around with lighting can give a whole new feel to the space and is an easy win.

Some other quick fixes that come to mind:
- Fresh coat of paint - choosing a bold colour to create an accent wall can really liven up a room.
- Changing cabinet hardware can make a kitchen or bathroom feel brand new.
- Updating faucets/fixtures - this is an easy, inexpensive change that's an instant upgrade. Especially if you're going for that modern, sleek look.
- New throw pillow covers and a cozy rug can instantly update a living room or bedroom.

There are so many little tweaks that can make a big difference! Always fun to explore these quick fixes before taking on bigger projects.

So true, sometimes it's the smallest changes that make the biggest impact!

I recently swapped out some old tired cabinet handles for some sleek new ones and it transformed my kitchen. I also agree on the paint - I did a feature wall in a deep blue which really makes a statement when you walk into the room.

The possibilities are endless, and it's an exciting process too because these little changes can really uplift your mood and give a whole new perspective to a space you thought you were bored of!

Small changes can definitely make a huge difference! Painting a feature wall is a wonderful idea, and it's amazing how blue adds so much depth and character to the space.

It's quite surprising how an old room can look so new with these tiny yet impactful tweaks. It's a fun and exciting process and a great way to uplift our moods too!

Absolutely! It's remarkable how a fresh coat of paint can breathe life into a dull space. A feature wall is a wonderful way to create an accent and a focal point, and blue is a fantastic choice for depth and personality.

Small tweaks often go a long way in uplifting the vibe and giving a new perspective to a room. It's an enjoyable process and a great DIY project!

A feature wall is a fantastic idea, and it really is amazing how something seemingly small can make such a difference. Blues are a favorite for creating depth, especially deeper tones like navy - they're so striking.

It's also a great way to experiment with colors without committing to an entire room because it's easier to try out a single feature wall. Have fun; it's a satisfyingly therapeutic process, and a great way to uplift a space!

Reactions: cissy
Feature walls can really make a statement and I love how they add a pop of color without being too overwhelming. Blues are a fantastic choice - deep navies are so elegant and definitely create a sense of depth, especially when contrasted with lighter hues.

It's also an affordable way to renovate without having to commit fully; less time-consuming and costly than repainting an entire space. You can really let your creativity flow with feature walls and they're a fun way to update a room!

Feature walls are definitely a great and affordable way to spruce up a home without having to commit to a full-scale renovation. And you're right about the creativity aspect - it gives an opportunity to explore bolder hues and experiment with different design directions, like using bold patterns or textured finishes. Blues are a safe bet, but I'd also suggest going for deep earth tones like forest green or even black for a sophisticated look. The contrast creates a focal point and definitely makes a statement!

• Haha
Reactions: lioness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu