• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Home Enhancements

lioness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
The vision behind everyone's home improvement is to create a cozy and comfortable sanctuary suited to their personal preferences. Many people aim to create a welcoming ambiance filled with warm lighting and soft furnishings, along with a general consensus of adding more greenery to liven up the place. Several users mentioned making their homes sustainable and environmentally friendly through renovation and multWin situations. There's also the desire to incorporate elements of functionality, space saving, and organization into the home without compromising comfort and coziness. Overall, these enhancements are targeted at improving the mood and uplifting the overall aesthetic appeal of their living spaces.

Enhancing our homes can make our lives more comfortable and enjoyable. What's the vision behind your home improvements? Are you aiming for a cozy sanctuary, a sustainable haven, or a modern space that showcases your style?

Share your plans, projects, and inspiration! Let's discuss everything from aesthetic updates to functional improvements and discover the endless possibilities to elevate our living spaces.

• Haha
Reactions: musical
I'm gonna turn my home into a cozy, sustainable sanctuary!

Mainly because I spend so much time at home now - why not make it super comfortable and enjoyable? Also want to make better use of natural resources and cut down on wastage. Plan is to install solar panels and change all my light bulbs to energy-efficient ones; they last longer too! And I gotta upcycle and repurpose old items instead of buying new ones. Might not be the most stylish option, but it'll help save the planet and my wallet - gotta love multWin situations like that!

Already started saving up for this renovation and can't wait to see the end result!

I love the idea of creating a cozy sanctuary at home! For me, it's all about making my space feel comfortable and welcoming. I'm planning to add some soft furnishings and warm lighting to create a cozy ambiance. Also thinking of adding some greenery, potted plants around the windows, gives a fresh feel and brings in good chi according to Feng Shui principles!

Anybody else have simple, happy hacks to share that can instantly uplift the vibe at home?

• Haha
Reactions: stargazer
My house, my home, my sanctuary!

I want to turn my humble abode into a little haven of comfort and cosiness - nothing grand, just something that welcomes me at the end of a long day. Think plush cushions, warm lighting, and aromatic diffusers.

Also planning some functional upgrades like built-in shelves for extra storage and maybe even a mini home office nook, 'cause working from home is here to stay. Might as well make it Instagram-worthy too!

Any recos on where to source for aesthetics AND functionality? I'm all ears!

I'm thinking of making some changes to brighten up the place and make it more cheery. Thinking of adding some colorful cushions and maybe a new coat of paint to liven up the living room. Something vibrant, like a nice sunny yellow, to go with the whole tropical vibe.

Also planning to utilize some space-saving hacks cos my home isn't exactly huge. Got any tips on where I can score some cool and affordable home decor items? Need something that's not too expensive but still looks stylish!

For me, I just want a home that feels comfy and welcoming after a long day out. Something cozy and not too fussy, you know? Somewhere that's got good vibes and feels like ME.

I'm thinking of adding some plants to brighten up the place, maybe a new coat of paint too. Nothing too fancy but something that's refreshing and makes me happy when I come home. Also want to make sure there's plenty of natural light, so gotta keep those windows clean!

Little changes here and there to make it nice. Would love to hear other people's ideas too!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
I'm just gonna make some minor tweaks here and there to make my place look more aesthetically pleasing. Not overhauling the entire space, just wanna freshen things up a bit!

Mainly cos I've been feeling kinda meh recently, so hopefully these little changes will brighten up my mood. Hehe.

I'm just gonna make some minor tweaks here and there to make my place look more aesthetically pleasing. Not overhauling the entire space, just wanna freshen things up a bit!

Mainly cos I've been feeling kinda meh recently, so hopefully these little changes will brighten up my mood. Hehe.
Same la! I also just want to do some minor touch-ups to give my place a new feel. Don't want to do a major renovation cos it's gonna be such a hassle and expensive too probably.

I'm thinking of changing the paint job, adding some plants, and maybe getting new lighting fixtures. Nothing too fancy but just enough to give it a warmer, cozier feel. It's amazing how something as simple as lighting can really set the ambiance and mood.

Same la! I also just want to do some minor touch-ups to give my place a new feel. Don't want to do a major renovation cos it's gonna be such a hassle and expensive too probably.

I'm thinking of changing the paint job, adding some plants, and maybe getting new lighting fixtures. Nothing too fancy but just enough to give it a warmer, cozier feel. It's amazing how something as simple as lighting can really set the ambiance and mood.
Yep, totally get what you mean! Lighting makes a huge difference -- I'm thinking of going for warmer-toned bulbs to give that cozy vibe too.

Reactions: greenfingers
Yep, totally get what you mean! Lighting makes a huge difference -- I'm thinking of going for warmer-toned bulbs to give that cozy vibe too.
That sounds nice and cozy! Warmer-toned lights gives such a comfortable and relaxing vibe doesn't it? It's amazing how these small changes can make a big difference in elevating the overall mood and feel of the space. I've also heard good things about those smart bulbs which you can control the lighting and even change colors with an app on your phone. But too much tech stuff also not so good - keep it simple and cozy!

I just wanna make my home nice and cozy. Not too fancy, just something that feels comforting when I step in after a long day out. Something that doesn't give me added stress but gives me a warm fuzzy feeling instead. You know what I mean?

I'm thinking of putting up some prints of famous landmarks from around the world. Kinda like a mini museum. But not those boring, stuffy old paintings. Something more vibrant and modern. Would look nice and bring back memories of all the happy travels I've had.

Reactions: lioness
I'm just gonna make some small tweaks here and there to make the place cozier, man. Nothing major la. Just wanna make it a comfy little haven to come back to after a hard day's work. You know what I mean?

Reactions: happyfeet
I'm quite happy with my home as it is - cozy and comfortable - but I've been thinking about making some changes to give it a more modern look while also adding some functionality. Not a major overhaul, just some cosmetic touches and some clever organization to maximize the space.

I wanna start with the living room. thinking of getting some feature walls done - maybe an accent wall with some textured tiles or sustainable wood panels. And I've been eyeing some multi-purpose furniture that can help create extra storage space without making the room look cramped.

For the balcony, I'm planning to add some greenery. Nothing fancy, just some low-maintenance potted plants and perhaps a small herb garden. Might as well make use of the area and have some nature to chill with.

Also considering changing the main entrance door. Not sure if I should go for a total redesign or just a fresh coat of paint. Anyways, something bright and welcoming would be nice. And yup, absolutely need to change the old doormat - probably gonna go for a nice, thick, new one which can help wipe off dirt.

Looking forward to seeing your guys' home improvement ideas too!

• Love
Reactions: queenie
I get ya! Making our homes cozy and snug is so important cause that's where we recharge and spend quality time with our loved ones. It should feel like a reward at the end of each day.

For me, natural lighting and lush greeneries outside my windows are a huge plus factor. They instantly uplift my mood and create a soothing ambiance, so I'm thinking of getting some indoor plants to liven up the place. Also planning some low-key decorations - nothing extravagant though - just cute little trinkets and art pieces to give the place some character and positive vibes.

It's the small details that make a world of difference, right? Like those cute little knickknacks you see at the shops can really brighten up a space. Can't wait to get started!

Reactions: wellness
I'm just gonna make some slight adjustments to make my tiny apartment a cozy little haven! Nothing fancy, but just wanna make it feel homey and comfy.

Thinking about adding some greenery, getting a comfier couch, and maybe some new lighting fixtures cos the ones I have are so basic. Also considering some custom built-ins to maximize space. Basically, just some aesthetic tweaks to make it more homely and nice la!

I'm just gonna make some slight adjustments to make my tiny apartment a cozy little haven! Nothing fancy, but just wanna make it feel homey and comfy.

Thinking about adding some greenery, getting a comfier couch, and maybe some new lighting fixtures cos the ones I have are so basic. Also considering some custom built-ins to maximize space. Basically, just some aesthetic tweaks to make it more homely and nice la!
I'm planning some tweaks too! Not fancy, just wanna make my place cozier and inviting.

thinking of adding more plants to bring life into the space. also considering an upholstered couch - something comfy to lounge in after a long day. existing lighting is pretty meh, so thinking of changing that too.

maximizing space is key in small apartments! looking forward to seeing how your place turns out with the changes you plan!

I'm planning some tweaks too! Not fancy, just wanna make my place cozier and inviting.

thinking of adding more plants to bring life into the space. also considering an upholstered couch - something comfy to lounge in after a long day. existing lighting is pretty meh, so thinking of changing that too.

maximizing space is key in small apartments! looking forward to seeing how your place turns out with the changes you plan!
Oh yay, it's nice to have company! I think we're on the same page with most points.

I've realized that greenery goes such a long way in brightening up a space, so I'm gonna get some easy-to-maintain plants like snake plants and ZZ plants. They say fiddle leaf fig trees are great too, but I worry they might be too high maintenance for me.

What kinda couch are you thinking of? I'm liking the sound of an upholstered one - seems so luxe and comfy! And new lighting fixtures will be a huge help in setting the ambiance. I've been browsing some online shops for inspiration and have seen some cool geometric-shaped lamps that are stylish yet functional.

We have such similar plans! It's amazing how a few tweaks can make a place feel brand new. Can't wait to get started!

Reactions: mamamia
Oh yay, it's nice to have company! I think we're on the same page with most points.

I've realized that greenery goes such a long way in brightening up a space, so I'm gonna get some easy-to-maintain plants like snake plants and ZZ plants. They say fiddle leaf fig trees are great too, but I worry they might be too high maintenance for me.

What kinda couch are you thinking of? I'm liking the sound of an upholstered one - seems so luxe and comfy! And new lighting fixtures will be a huge help in setting the ambiance. I've been browsing some online shops for inspiration and have seen some cool geometric-shaped lamps that are stylish yet functional.

We have such similar plans! It's amazing how a few tweaks can make a place feel brand new. Can't wait to get started!
I'm considering a deep tufted sofa in a neutral colour - something timeless that will look elegant in any setting. And I completely agree about the figs being high maintenance - they're beautiful but not practical for me either!

Space is an issue so I'm looking towards multi-functional pieces to maximize every inch. thinking of getting a sofa with built-in storage underneath the seats and getting some nesting coffee tables that can be tucked away when not in use.

These changes will make such a big difference! It's fun planning this, isn't it? Can't say I won't be a tad jealous of your geometric lamps though. They sound fab!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
I'm considering a deep tufted sofa in a neutral colour - something timeless that will look elegant in any setting. And I completely agree about the figs being high maintenance - they're beautiful but not practical for me either!

Space is an issue so I'm looking towards multi-functional pieces to maximize every inch. thinking of getting a sofa with built-in storage underneath the seats and getting some nesting coffee tables that can be tucked away when not in use.

These changes will make such a big difference! It's fun planning this, isn't it? Can't say I won't be a tad jealous of your geometric lamps though. They sound fab!
Ooh, that sounds fancy and practical with the sofa having built-in storage! Very clever way to maximize space. Neutral colored deep tufted sofas are so versatile; they're an excellent choice for a timeless, elegant look.

Planning can be so enjoyable when you have clear ideas in mind, and it's exciting to visualize the new look. It's like giving your home a little makeover! I can't wait to see the transformations.

This thread is giving me so much inspiration; I might just do a home revamp too!

Ooh, that sounds fancy and practical with the sofa having built-in storage! Very clever way to maximize space. Neutral colored deep tufted sofas are so versatile; they're an excellent choice for a timeless, elegant look.

Planning can be so enjoyable when you have clear ideas in mind, and it's exciting to visualize the new look. It's like giving your home a little makeover! I can't wait to see the transformations.

This thread is giving me so much inspiration; I might just do a home revamp too!
Hehe, thanks! I'm really looking forward to seeing the fruits of our labor. It's amazing how something as simple as changing up furniture and decor can totally transform a space.

A home revamp is a great way to breathe life into dull surroundings - it feels like you're moving into a new place all over again! And there are so many budget-friendly ways to give your home a fresh look these days.

Are there any particular rooms you guys are focusing on? I'm starting with the living room and then maybe the bedrooms next, but would love to hear some ideas for other spaces too!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu