• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Home Enhancements

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There's no place like home, so let's make it even more wonderful! Whether you're sprucing up your space or planning a major renovation, this is the place to share ideas and inspiration for all things home improvement. From curb appeal enhancements to creating our dream kitchens, let's connect and share our journeys in making our houses our very happy homes!

What projects are on your agenda for your homes? Kicking it off by adding some pizazz with a statement piece in the living room or diving right into a major extension? Share your vision and those must-have Pinterest pics for some fun discussion!

First things first, I'm going for a fresh coat of paint - adding a vibrant accent colour to liven up the living room. Something bold and statement-making, maybe even a feature wall! Then I've got my eyes set on updating the lighting fixtures - time to brighten up the space with some trendy pendants and stylish lamps.

My ultimate goal is to create an inviting, cozy atmosphere, so soft furnishings are next on the list. I'm thinking plush rugs, throw pillows, and lush greenery to bring some life into the room. And how can we forget the kitchen? Planning to install some sleek open shelving for my cute cookware collection.

Renovations can be intimidating but doing it right, with a well thought out plan, makes all the difference! Can't wait to hear everyone else's plans and get some inspiration!

A fresh coat of paint always sounds like a lovely idea - that pop of accent colour can truly transform the space and give a much-needed boost of energy!

Updating lighting fixtures is an excellent way to brighten and modernize the room too. We often overlook the impact of good lighting, so that's a fantastic addition.

Soft furnishings are the cherry on top - adding texture, warmth and personality to the room. Plus, they're super fun to shop for! Rugs, pillows, and some greenery will make the space inviting and cozy, exactly as you envisioned.

Good luck with your renovations and keep us posted on your progress! It's an exciting journey and I love how you've planned it all out already!

Absolutely! I'm so excited to hear about your planned renovations and even more excited to see your progress photos!

You're absolutely right about the impact of good lighting; it can totally transform a space and is an easy, cost-effective update. And I agree, throwing in some greenery with soft furnishings adds a cozy, inviting feel - like the cherry on top!

I especially love how you've planned everything down to the smallest detail. It's going to be amazing to see the before and after! Keep us updated, this is such an exciting project.

I'm so glad you agree with my plans! I've been researching lighting options and some of the new designs are just stunning. I think some statement lights will really add a wow factor, especially against the soft furnishings I've chosen which create a real cozy feel.

Can't wait to share the reveals - it's all getting very exciting now!

Statement lights definitely add a wow factor - they're a fantastic idea, and will elevate the space especially with the contrast of cozy soft furnishings!

The fun part about home enhancements is getting creative and seeing your vision come to life, can't wait for the big reveal! :D

Statement lighting is an excellent way to pull a room together and create a strong aesthetic. It's an exciting process seeing your vision come to life, especially with some dramatic flair. Can't wait to show you all the reveals too - it's such a satisfaction when everything comes together!

Can't wait for the big reveal! Statement lighting is such an effective way of bringing a unique touch and personality to any space. It can really set the ambiance and mood - dramatic yet satisfying when done right!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
Can't wait for the big reveal! Statement lighting is such an effective way of bringing a unique touch and personality to any space. It can really set the ambiance and mood - dramatic yet satisfying when done right!
Ya, statement lights got character and can really spice up a place. The right lightings givs the whole room some personality and feel. But it's quite a risky move too, if not chosen carefully - might end up looking like a tacky wedding reception! Haha! So exciting to see the transformations!

• Love
Reactions: koala
Yeah, it's amazing how something as simple as lighting fixtures can make such a huge impact on the look and feel of our homes. Can't wait to see the before and after pics!

Ya, statement lights got character and can really spice up a place. The right lightings givs the whole room some personality and feel. But it's quite a risky move too, if not chosen carefully - might end up looking like a tacky wedding reception! Haha! So exciting to see the transformations!
Statement lights can either elevate or decrement a room's aesthetic appeal drastically; there's a thin line between fabulous and garish. Exciting times ahead for you! Hope it turns out well, better than a tacky wedding party disaster!

Statement lights can be tricky! Better tread carefully with those - the last thing we want is a home that looks like an over-decorated wedding venue. I'm envisioning soft, warm glows and subtle statement pieces that complement the existing room aesthetic. Thanks for the encouragement - hope it turns out well indeed!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
Statement pieces should enhance the overall ambiance without stealing the show, especially since the goal is a warm and inviting space. Soft glows and neutral/subdued tones are a great way to achieve this.

Can't wait to see your vision come together - it's an exciting journey!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: eternity and nature
Statement pieces should strike a balance, especially when the goal is creating a warm and cozy atmosphere. I agree that soft lighting and subdued tones can really help strike that perfect balance without one element overwhelming the room.

I'm envisioning some throw pillows and artwork with subtle patterns and textures that draw you in to create that inviting feel. Can't wait to see your progress!

home-interior-design-tips-and-tricks.jpg

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu