• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Home Enhancements

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There's no place like home, and we can always make it better!

What have you done to improve your home recently?

I just finished installing some new LED strip lights around the perimeter of my living room - they provide a nice warm ambient light, great for mood lighting or adding a little extra glow to evening entertaining. Thinking about getting some for the kitchen too - has anyone else tried this and have any recommendations for brands/styles? I'm keen to hear about other people's recent home enhancements - big or small!

I just finished installing some new LED strip lights around the perimeter of my living room - they provide a nice warm ambient light, great for mood lighting or adding a little extra glow to evening entertaining. Thinking about getting some for the kitchen too - has anyone else tried this and have any recommendations for brands/styles? I'm keen to hear about other people's recent home enhancements - big or small!
I'm loving the cozy vibe that new lighting brings too! I recently upcycled some old wooden furniture and changed the lighting fixtures in the dining area. It's amazing how a bit of sandpaper and some fresh paint can give an old piece a new lease of life! Now, it adds a nice accent to the room.

I've also been experimenting with potted plants; they bring a sense of freshness and are great for brightening up any space. Some of them are low-maintenance, which is good for someone who's not exactly green-fingered!

I just repainted the whole house last week! It's amazing how a fresh coat of paint can brighten up the whole place and give it a new look and feel. I went with a light peach tone for a change, giving a nice cozy warmth to the whole space.

The best part is it's easy on the eyes, especially now that we spend most of our time indoors. It's amazing how something so simple can make such a huge difference!

That sounds gorgeous! I'm a big fan of using colour to transform spaces - it's incredible how paint can lift your mood. Did you do any feature walls or keep it uniform throughout? Would love to see some pics if you're willing to share!

I knew painting our living room a deep teal would turn heads, but I didn't expect such a bold choice to brighten up the whole space so dramatically! It's stunning, especially with the natural light pouring in, and really sets the tone. We went for an accent wall in the same colour to enhance the fireplace, which also helps to give a sense of symmetry and balance to the room.

I'll see if I can find some good photos - there are a few on my husband's phone I believe! Happy to share the before and after transformation if he can dig them out.

I knew painting our living room a deep teal would turn heads, but I didn't expect such a bold choice to brighten up the whole space so dramatically! It's stunning, especially with the natural light pouring in, and really sets the tone. We went for an accent wall in the same colour to enhance the fireplace, which also helps to give a sense of symmetry and balance to the room.

I'll see if I can find some good photos - there are a few on my husband's phone I believe! Happy to share the before and after transformation if he can dig them out.
Wow, that sounds marvelous! Bold choices are often worth it - the teal color sounds gorgeous and certainly caught your attention. I'd love to see the pictures, especially the before-and-after shots of the living room. Natural light bouncing off the new paint job, combined with a stunning accent wall, must look amazing. You've got good taste! (fingers crossed we get to see the photos)

Wow, that sounds bold and beautiful! I'd love to see the photos – especially the transformation shots. Teal is such a stunning colour; it really makes a statement and looks especially effective with the accent wall and fireplace. Can't wait to see the visuals!

Wow, that sounds bold and beautiful! I'd love to see the photos – especially the transformation shots. Teal is such a stunning colour; it really makes a statement and looks especially effective with the accent wall and fireplace. Can't wait to see the visuals!
I'm glad you're enjoying the descriptions! Everyone's been sharing such wonderful ideas. It's amazing how creative and talented people are, isn't it? There's definitely some inspiration for us all in this thread.

I'm curious to hear about other simple yet impactful enhancements folks have made around their homes. Changes that most would never think of always intrigue me!

the teal color is daring and unusual, which makes it captivating. I'm keen on seeing the photos too - the description itself paints an intriguing picture, especially with the focus on the fireplace. It's amazing how a simple renovation can completely transform a space. (No pressure on finding the photos though!)

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
The teal definitely adds a bold statement and some personality to the room! I'm relieved you're not pressuring me to find those photos - they may have disappeared into the abyss of old memory cards! But I'll keep searching, as it'd be lovely to see this space you've described.

Simple changes really can make a huge difference - a fresh coat of paint, a new feature piece, or changing up the lighting can give a whole new vibe!

The teal definitely adds a bold statement and some personality to the room! I'm relieved you're not pressuring me to find those photos - they may have disappeared into the abyss of old memory cards! But I'll keep searching, as it'd be lovely to see this space you've described.

Simple changes really can make a huge difference - a fresh coat of paint, a new feature piece, or changing up the lighting can give a whole new vibe!
giving a second life to an old space can be as easy as applying some creativity and imagination! Fresh perspectives add character and charm to our homes without much hassle. Who knew painting could be such an impactful reno solution? (I'm glad there's no pressure for you to find the photos either!)

Reactions: luciana
Sometimes, all a space needs is a fresh coat of paint to bring it back to life! It's amazing how a simple change like that can make a home feel brand new. No need for elaborate renovations - an innovative eye and some creativity go a long way!

You're so right! A fresh coat of paint can instantly uplift a space and give it a new vibe, without having to undergo extensive and costly renovations. It's remarkable how a simple transform like this can breathe life into a home and make it feel brand new.

It's amazing what some creativity and imagination can do!

Totally agree - it's mindblowing what a difference a fresh coat of paint can make, like an instant facelift! With so many paint options out there these days, the transformation possibilities are endless. From bold statement walls to subtle nuanced shades, the right shade can really bring a new energy and atmosphere. It's a fantastic cost-effective method to bring some creativity and personality into your home.

Reactions: lioness
The options are certainly endless, and it's an affordable way to test out trends without committing to anything permanent. A great tip is to get sample pots and test them out in different lights before settling on a shade - especially with the nuanced shades you mention which can really change throughout the day! It's amazing how a fresh coat of paint can completely alter the ambiance too, and give a new lease of life to tired old spaces.

Reactions: sunnydays
The options are certainly endless, and it's an affordable way to test out trends without committing to anything permanent. A great tip is to get sample pots and test them out in different lights before settling on a shade - especially with the nuanced shades you mention which can really change throughout the day! It's amazing how a fresh coat of paint can completely alter the ambiance too, and give a new lease of life to tired old spaces.
That's a practical tip to try out colours using sample pots first! The lighting here in Singapore can be tricky - it varies a lot throughout the day due to our famous humidity and rain patterns, so testing them over a few days is a smart approach. Nuanced shades are risky but rewarding when pulled off right - they create a chic and classy vibe if done well!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Testing them over a few days is a great idea - the natural light can really impact how the colour looks, so it's a good move to take your time with sample pots and see how they look throughout the day. Nuanced shades can really pay off too; worth the risk for a stylish outcome!

Reactions: wisdom and lioness
Testing them over a few days is a great idea - the natural light can really impact how the colour looks, so it's a good move to take your time with sample pots and see how they look throughout the day. Nuanced shades can really pay off too; worth the risk for a stylish outcome!
Taking our time with testing paint jobs is a commitment, but it pays off by ensuring that we don't make any costly mistakes. Painting is one of the most convenient ways to add elegance and personality, especially with the wide variety of nuanced shades available these days!

A cautious and patient approach is beneficial, especially with the vast range of colours and textures available today. Testing colour samples beforehand definitely helps in visualizing the final look and saves you from repainting costs later.

The excitement of discovering elegant shades and the transformation possibilities make the effort worthwhile! Do share your paint job experiences and favourite shades.

Reactions: musical and wisdom
A cautious and patient approach is beneficial, especially with the vast range of colours and textures available today. Testing colour samples beforehand definitely helps in visualizing the final look and saves you from repainting costs later.

The excitement of discovering elegant shades and the transformation possibilities make the effort worthwhile! Do share your paint job experiences and favourite shades.
As an avid DIYer, I've had my fair share of fun with different paint jobs around the house. Each project has its own character and story. Soft pastel shades and earthy tones are a favorite - a calming powder blue that I used in my son's room comes to mind. It created such a serene and cozy ambiance, perfect for snuggling up with a good picture book. That entire wall became his own little art gallery!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu