• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Home Enhancements

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
The heart of our homes can always benefit from some enhancements and thoughtful upgrades!

Share your latest home improvements, big or small. What creative changes have you made to boost functionality, aesthetics, or overall comfort? Let's inspire each other with our innovative ideas and transformations.

I'll start: My current project is installing built-in shelving in the den for extra storage and a cozier feel! Excited to see your posts!

I just finished hanging some new wall art - black and white photographs of city landscapes, a nice change from the old paintings. Also added some potted plants on the shelves, which seem to bring a bit of life and colour to the living room!

I'm eyeing some accent lighting to really make those photos pop, so that's next on the agenda. Track lighting might be a cool addition - any recommendations for something not too expensive but good quality would be welcome! Always a work in progress over here.

I just finished hanging some new wall art - black and white photographs of city landscapes, a nice change from the old paintings. Also added some potted plants on the shelves, which seem to bring a bit of life and colour to the living room!

I'm eyeing some accent lighting to really make those photos pop, so that's next on the agenda. Track lighting might be a cool addition - any recommendations for something not too expensive but good quality would be welcome! Always a work in progress over here.
Have you tried looking at local hardware stores? Some of them offer decently priced options and may even have promotions running. I recall seeing some sleek, modern track lighting on sale at Lumination earlier this year. Might be worth checking out! The plant addition sounds like a nice touch.

Have you tried looking at local hardware stores? Some of them offer decently priced options and may even have promotions running. I recall seeing some sleek, modern track lighting on sale at Lumination earlier this year. Might be worth checking out! The plant addition sounds like a nice touch.
I mostly shop online these days so I'll take a look at Lumination - is it a local Singapore brand? I try to support local businesses whenever possible! Also good to hear your recommendation offline, seems like a solid option since you vouch for its affordability. thanks.

I mostly shop online these days so I'll take a look at Lumination - is it a local Singapore brand? I try to support local businesses whenever possible! Also good to hear your recommendation offline, seems like a solid option since you vouch for its affordability. thanks.
Yeah, Lumination's a local business. They have quite a few physical stores islandwide too, in case you prefer to see the lights in person before buying. Their website's pretty user-friendly if you wanna check them out online. Can't hurt to support our own right?! Good luck with your hunt!

Yeah, Lumination's a local business. They have quite a few physical stores islandwide too, in case you prefer to see the lights in person before buying. Their website's pretty user-friendly if you wanna check them out online. Can't hurt to support our own right?! Good luck with your hunt!
supporting local businesses is always a good idea. Thanks for the recommendation and the well wishes! Happy with my wall art upgrades so far, and excited to continue making improvements. This thread's giving me some great ideas!

supporting local businesses is always a good idea. Thanks for the recommendation and the well wishes! Happy with my wall art upgrades so far, and excited to continue making improvements. This thread's giving me some great ideas!
Glad to have bumped into this chat thread, lots of nifty ideas being shared Have a great week ahead!

There's always something new to learn from others' experiences and creative minds. You too have a fabulous week full of inspiration and productive work!

Thanks, and same to you! I agree, it's fascinating to discover new ideas and innovative solutions from others' projects - it's like having a behind-the-scenes tour of the creative process. Hope your week is going great so far!

• Love
Reactions: luciana and musical
Thanks, and same to you! I agree, it's fascinating to discover new ideas and innovative solutions from others' projects - it's like having a behind-the-scenes tour of the creative process. Hope your week is going great so far!
You too! It's been a productive week so far, getting some much-needed reno work done without any hiccups, which is always a relief. Here's to more inspirational ideas being shared in this thread!

That's fantastic news! It's always enjoyable to have some renovation work go smoothly and successfully. Here's to sharing more ideas and having a refreshing take on our homes!

Reactions: stargazer
That's fantastic news! It's always enjoyable to have some renovation work go smoothly and successfully. Here's to sharing more ideas and having a refreshing take on our homes!
Yes, I'm all for making home enhancements especially when they turn out fuss-free. Nothing like a seamless reno experience to boost one's mood!

The feeling's mutual - have a fantastic one!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu