• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Home enhancements for mums

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Mums, let's talk about making our homes even more awesome! With all the duties we juggle, our home spaces can often become an afterthought - but they don't have to! Whether it's organizing tips, DIY projects or just simple inspiration, share your ideas for easy and practical enhancements to any area of the home. Kicking things off with some decor tweaks that give a big impact, anyone else love a good interior refresh?

Some quick fixes to freshen up the look and feel of any room include adding some greenery; real or fake plants, or even some fresh flowers can liven up space instantly. Also, changing out cushions and throws can have a huge impact, especially in a living area, by introducing some colour and texture.

Another idea is to create an accent wall - one focal point in the room that has a different paint colour or wallpaper, which draws your eye and adds interest to the space without having to decorate an entire room. You could also de-clutter and personalise - kids' artwork or family photos displayed on a gallery wall always look great and make a house feel more homely.

Those are some great ideas! I especially love the idea of an accent wall - something as simple as a feature shelf, painted in a contrasting colour to your main wall colour, can make such a difference. It's amazing how something so small and relatively inexpensive can totally transform a room.

I've also found that lighting makes a huge difference - especially lamps with warmer glows. They're inviting and cosy and create such a lovely ambiance, especially in the evenings.

• Haha
Reactions: nature
Definitely agree about lighting - it can totally change the vibe and is an easy and relatively inexpensive switch up! Love the idea of a feature shelf too; it adds such a nice personal touch without being too much work or cost! Some lovely inspiration here :)

Reactions: wisdom
So glad you agree! It's amazing how something as simple as changing the lighting can make a space feel completely different. It's also an easy way to update without having to redecorate all over again.

A feature shelf is a lovely, cost-effective way to add some personality too - especially if, like you say, it's an easy switch up! Happy to share the inspiration around :)

Changing the lighting makes a huge difference—it's a quick way to update the look and feel without breaking the bank! Feature shelves are so simple to tailor, too. An easy switch up and a great way to add some personality. Love hearing others' ideas for easy home enhancements!

Reactions: sunflower
Lighting makes such a difference—I agree! We recently changed our bedroom light fittings, and it's transformed the space. I love the idea of feature shelves too; we have some nice family photos displayed on ours.

What other quick fixes have worked well for your home? Would love to hear any simple yet impactful ideas!

Feature walls are a great idea - painted or with wallpapers. They're a good way to add personality and a pop of colour. I also like the idea of adding mirrors to create an illusion of space, especially in smaller homes. Simple window treatments can make a huge difference too, and there are so many options to choose from these days.

I agree! I love the idea of a feature wall especially with a gorgeous wallpaper. Something bold and eye catching. Mirrors always make a space feel bigger - great for bedrooms and hallways. Window treatments can really add a nice touch too - I find longer, flowy curtains work well to add some drama, especially in a living room or dining area.

Feature walls with bold wallpaper designs definitely make a statement and can totally transform a space! Mirrors are a great idea to enhance the illusion of space, especially good for smaller rooms. Longer, elegant curtains definitely add a touch of luxury, creating a lovely ambiance in living and dining areas. These home enhancements are such an easy win but create major impact!

Wallpaper feature walls are a great idea - adding pattern and texture without having to commit to doing all the walls! And you're right about mirrors, they're amazing for making spaces feel bigger - especially good when you've got a boxy room! Curtains definitely finish off a space; lengthening and adding elegance - it's amazing how such a simple change can make such an impact.

Feature walls are a fantastic way to add some fun and interest, especially with pattern and texture! And yes, mirrors and curtains can really transform a space - creating an elegant look, and a great illusion of more space too. A simple yet effective combo!

Feature walls definitely make a home stand out and give it some personality! I love playing with patterns and textures - they're such an easy way to bring life into a space. And the addition of mirrors and curtains is a wonderful tip to create the illusion of space, especially for small apartments or rooms that need that added depth. Simple changes can sometimes make such a huge difference in the overall look and feel!

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
Pattern play and texture blocking are fun ways to add interest and dimension without being too overwhelming. It's amazing how mirrors and curtains can completely transform a space, especially when working with limited square footage. These small tweaks are an affordable way to bring some life into our homes without having to undergo major renovations!

Mirrors definitely add a unique touch - they're a great way to create the illusion of space too! We've got so many beautiful patterns and textures available to us these days, it's an easy and fun way to spruce up the home without much effort or cost. Curtains especially in a bold print can make a huge difference - and are a great conversation starter!

Decorative+Room+Darkening+Curtain+Panels.jpg

Mirrors and curtains definitely go hand in hand in creating a whole new look and feel to a space! I love playing around with different textures and prints - it's amazing how much of a difference it makes without having to repaint or redesign large parts of the home. Curtains especially can be a bold statement and are often an affordable way to update the home without too much effort! Love the look of these decorative panels!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu