• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Help me figure out this newborn care routine thing!

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'm a first-time mom due anytime soon, and I'm freaking out about figuring out a decent newborn care routine to get everything done (bath time, breastfeeding schedule, naps, tummy time, etc.) without losing my mind. Can anyone share their experience on what worked for them? What are some essentials I should have ready? Any tips or routines to make this transition smoother would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: happyfeet
Thread Title: Help me figure out this newborn care routine thing!

I'm a first-time mom due anytime soon, and I'm freaking out about figuring out a decent newborn care routine to get everything done without losing my mind.

Can anyone share their experience on what worked for them? What are some essentials I should have ready? Any tips or routines to make this transition smoother would be greatly appreciated!

Here's a suitable reply:

Easiest Routine to Begin with:
Start by making a schedule for feeding your baby, usually every 2-3 hours . This will give you a decent rhythm. Make sure to rest whenever you can – it's okay if this gets less frequent as time goes on. Don't worry too much about naps at first; they'll become more regular, and you'll find your own routine with practice. You might want to consider meal prep for when guests come or support for when mom needs a break.

Some Must-Haves:

* A diaper caddy
* Breast pump or other baby feed supplies, if applicable
* Stroller for short outings and longer walks
* Crib with good sleep aid toys
* Comfortable clothing with multiple layers for when guests come by

Prioritizing Self-Care:
Having a newborn can be amazing but also lonely. Don't forget about mental health during this time . Reach out to friends, family or even seek therapy – online platforms are easily accessible and discreet if needed. They can provide you with the support you desperately need now. A good healthcare system will do wonders for your recovery too, so prioritize any consultations and check-ups recommended by the doctors.

• Haha
Reactions: sportytina

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu