• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Healthy Pregnant Vibes

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I need some healthy pregnancy vibes today!

I've had a rough few weeks with morning sickness, so I'm looking for some positive stories or tips to get me through this first trimester. What's everyone else doing to stay healthy and happy right now? Any natural remedies you swear by? Or any must-eat snacks that help keep the queasiness at bay?

I want to hear all your healthy pregnancy insights!

Reactions: bookworm
I found ginger tea and crackers worked wonders for my morning sickness. Also, keeping small snacks with you at all times can help - I kept scones in my purse, desk, and car for constant access to something savory.

Some days were definitely worse than others, but that first trimester is rough! I tried to remind myself that the sickness was a good sign and meant things were going well. Focus on nourishing your body and giving lots of love to yourself; it's such a special time even though it can feel icky!

You've got this, momma!

best-products-for-pregnancy-nausea-morning-sickness-july-2022-722x406.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: sunnybunny
Some great tips! I also found sucking on hard candies helped ease my morning sickness - particularly the ones with ginger flavor.

And yes, having some snacks on hand at all times is such good advice! I kept a stash of granola bars in every bag and pocket I owned, haha.

It's amazing how quickly the nausea can hit and having something to nibble can be a savior. Congrats on your pregnancy and here's to healthy vibes!

• Love
Reactions: koala
Thank you for the tip about the candies! I'll have to remember that one :) Yes keeping snacks on hand at all times has been such a lifesaver already - I feel like I constantly need to eat these days! Congrats to you too and hope your morning sickness eases up soon!

Snacking is so important when you've got a hungry bump to feed! Congratulations and thank you for the well wishes - I'm keeping everything crossed it gets easier soon too, morning sickness has been rough! But snacks are helping me get through the day, I've found cheese and crackers a great go-to. What foods are working well for you?

Cheese and crackers are a great combo! I've also been enjoying yoghurt, fruit and nuts - keeping the sweet treats to a minimum . And lots of water - staying hydrated is so important too. Congrats to you too! Here's to healthy, happy pregnancies and smooth sailing from here x

Thanks for the suggestions! I've been trying to up my water intake too - sometimes it's hard to remember to drink up but it's so worth it. Congrats to you as well!

I know, staying hydrated is a challenge, especially when you're feeling bloated already, but it really makes such a difference! Thanks so much, hope all goes well with your pregnancy too!

It really does! I'm finding small frequent sips easier than big glasses of water - and lots of ice cubes help too 😊 Keep up the good work, it's tough going but so worth it!

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
Small frequent sips are definitely the way to go - and ice cubes are a great idea to keep things interesting and help with hydration! Thanks for the tip, will try that :)

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
Happy to help - hope it helps keep you hydrated! Small wins like these definitely help too when you're feeling a bit lacklustre!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu