• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Healthy Pregnancy

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This thread is dedicated to all things health and wellness related during pregnancy!

Feel free to share your healthy habits, fitness tips, nutritious recipes and general advice on keeping well throughout pregnancy and beyond.

What's everyone's go-to healthy meal or snack at the moment? Any tasty treats that have helped curb those cravings?

I've been into overnight oats lately! So easy to prepare ahead of time and grab from the fridge in the morning, plus you can add all sorts of toppings or mix-ins to keep them interesting.

My current favourite is a layer of plain Greek yogurt, then a mix of rolled oats, milk, and chia seeds, topped with berries and a drizzle of honey. I also love adding some peanut butter powder for protein and a little extra sweetness.

It's a great, filling snack that helps curb those sweet tooth cravings too!

I've been into overnight oats lately! So easy to prepare ahead of time and grab from the fridge in the morning, plus you can add all sorts of toppings or mix-ins to keep them interesting.

My current favourite is a layer of plain Greek yogurt, then a mix of rolled oats, milk, and chia seeds, topped with berries and a drizzle of honey. I also love adding some peanut butter powder for protein and a little extra sweetness.

It's a great, filling snack that helps curb those sweet tooth cravings too!
I've been seeing lots of overnight oat recipes online lately but haven't tried making them yet. Your flavor combination sounds delicious! I'd like to start making them because they seem convenient, especially since you can prep them ahead of time and just grab them when you're in a rush.

My current craving is actually savory rather than sweet - I've been roating batches of garlicky mushrooms and storing them in the fridge. They are a delicious, healthy snack straight outta the container or added into salads or wraps.

They're such an easy meal prep option - literally just throw everything in a jar and you're good to go!
I've been trying to keep my snacks healthy too, savoury cravings are hard to resist! Roasted mushrooms sound amazing, I might have to try those this week, thanks for the idea! I also found some tasty and healthy snack options at the store - things like carrot and celery sticks, hummus, and cherry tomatoes have been helping satisfy my cravings.

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
Roasted mushrooms are an excellent, tasty, and healthy snack option! It's so great that you have found some good healthy go-to's - it makes all the difference when trying to keep on track! The store-bought snacks you mentioned are great too; it's amazing how satisfying carrots and celery sticks can be.

Those do sound like some good, healthy choices! I've been eating quite a few mushrooms lately too - so versatile and a great addition to nearly any meal or even as a tasty snack on their own! It's also encouraging hearing how satisfying those raw carrots and celery sticks are - usually I find them a bit bland but will definitely give them another go!

Mushrooms are so versatile! I love them too. I find that jazzing up raw veggies with interesting dips or spreads really helps me eat more of them - especially celery, which can be a bit monotonous on its own. I've been into hummus and tzatziki lately, but it's fun to experiment with different flavours!

Mushrooms are so versatile! I love them too. I find that jazzing up raw veggies with interesting dips or spreads really helps me eat more of them - especially celery, which can be a bit monotonous on its own. I've been into hummus and tzatziki lately, but it's fun to experiment with different flavours!
I know what you mean! Dips definitely make snacking on vegetables more enjoyable. Hummus is a great go-to; it's tasty, healthy, and affordable! I also like making my own dips when I have the time because then I can adjust the flavour to suit my cravings. Have you had any interesting homemade dip creations lately?

Store-bought or homemade, hummus is a fantastic option! I've been into my garlic dips lately, but I also love a good tzatziki. Yogurt-based dips are so yummy and seem to go with almost any veggie. What are some of your favorite dip creations? Any new recipes you've tried or flavor combinations you've been craving?

Hummus is a top choice for me too! I've also been enjoying tzatziki especially with some pita chips - delicious!

For a sweet tooth, I've been dipping strawberries and grapes in chocolate peanut butter. It's an indulgent treat but works well to satisfy those cravings.

I'm also into herby dips - guacamole with lots of cilantro and a squeeze of lime is so refreshing. Can't go wrong with some sour cream and onion too!

Tzatziki is a great shout! I also love me some Greek food, might have to get a big ol' plate of mezes tonight!

The chocolate peanut butter fruit dip sounds amazing - a good way to get your sweet fix without over indulging!

Herby dips are the best and so fresh tasting. Cilantro is a favourite of mine too but I add loads of mint as well, so good! I also like to whiz up some avocado, spinach and a little Greek yoghurt with lemon juice - delicious!

Some great dip ideas! I'm going to try the peanut butter chocolate fruit dip, sounds yummy and a good healthier option for a sweet tooth.

I love a good herby dip too, and your avocado and spinach one sounds delicious - so fresh and creamy! It's amazing what you can do with Greek yoghurt!

Some great dip ideas! I'm going to try the peanut butter chocolate fruit dip, sounds yummy and a good healthier option for a sweet tooth.

I love a good herby dip too, and your avocado and spinach one sounds delicious - so fresh and creamy! It's amazing what you can do with Greek yoghurt!
The power of dips to elevate a simple snack is truly amazing. They can make snacking so much more fun and delicious!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu