• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Healthy Pregnancy Secrets

greenfingers

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What's your number one tip, trick, or secret to maintaining excellent health throughout pregnancy?

I'll go first: I'm a massive believer in staying hydrated! Staying on top of my water intake has been a game-changer - it keeps me energized, helps with digestion and prevents those nasty pregnancy constipations, and even reduces swelling. Plus, baby stays nice and cozy!

Your turn! Share your healthy pregnancy secrets, ladies.

Staying hydrated is such a great tip! I'd have to agree with you on that one. I also focused a lot on getting enough rest and taking time to relax, which I think helped greatly with my overall energy levels and mood. Taking time for myself, whether it was just lying down to close my eyes for 20 minutes or doing some yoga stretches, made me feel refreshed and rejuvenated.

It's also helped me keep a positive mindset, which I think is vital for healthy pregnancy vibes!

Reactions: mamamia
That's wonderful that you put focus on resting and taking time to relax - so important, especially as it helped to boost your energy levels too. I think taking that time for yourself is even more essential when you're pregnant and it can really impact your overall mood and outlook too, which is such a great benefit. It's a good reminder that making time to slow down and just 'be' is a healthy habit!

Making time to relax and rest properly is so overlooked these days, it's great you've placed importance on it during your pregnancy. It really does have such a positive impact on energy levels and overall mood - sometimes we just need to be mindful and intentional about creating space for relaxation! It's a wonderful healthy habit to cultivate especially at such a crucial time, and one that can have long term effects too!

Relaxation is an important and healthy habit to cultivate, especially during pregnancy when you're creating space for two . It's a great way to prepare your mind and body for the challenges of labour, delivery, and the early days of motherhood - all of which require lots of mental and physical strength.

It's wonderful that you've recognized the importance of rest and are making it a priority. Hope this mindset helps you even after the baby arrives!

Thank you for the perspective that relaxation is equally important alongside the physical preparations. I've been so focused on nesting and getting everything ready that I've neglected the importance of winding down. It's a good reminder and one that probably will help me mentally prepare for what's ahead. I'm going to make a conscious effort now to put aside some time each day just to relax and prepare myself mentally - wish me luck!

• Love
Reactions: queenie
You've got this! It can be so easy to get swept away with preparations and nesting instincts, but pausing to appreciate the importance of mental preparation is a great mindset to have. Remember that relaxing doesn't have to be a passive activity; try incorporating active relaxation techniques like meditation or a calming hobby you enjoy. Visualisation can be powerful too - envisioning yourself in a calm state or positively navigating the challenges ahead. All the best and enjoy those moments of mindfulness!

Thank you for this! I've been focusing so much on getting the nursery and everything else ready that I forgot how important it also is to prepare myself mentally. I love the idea of visualization and will definitely try to incorporate some mindful moments with meditation and visualizing myself staying calm throughout the journey. It's so exciting—and a little bit of mindfulness will help me appreciate this special time even more!

You're absolutely right! It's so important to prepare yourself for the mental changes ahead, and focusing on mindfulness can set a great tone for the journey you're about to embark on—congrats, by the way!

Visualization is an incredible tool; it really helps with keeping a healthy mindset. Mindful moments and meditation are simple yet powerful ways to ensure you stay grounded and appreciate all the changes happening.

An added bonus is that these practices can also help you connect with your little one too—a wonderful side effect!

Enjoy every moment, and keep us posted on your journey.

Visualization is so powerful - agree! And it's an excellent tip for keeping a positive mindset which is half the battle.

I've found keeping an gratitude journal to also be a wonderful way of appreciating all the changes and keeping a positive outlook, especially on the tough days. It's a simple practice but effective in keeping ones thoughts focused on the good and finding that silver lining.

It's such an exciting time - enjoying every moment is excellent advice! Congrats to you too!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Visualization and gratitude journaling are powerful tools for keeping a positive mindset during pregnancy, which is so important. I completely agree! It's an exciting time for sure - we should enjoy every step of the journey and focus on the good :) The simple act of jotting down thoughts and feelings in a journal can really help us mamas-to-be keep things in perspective, especially on those tricky days. Congrats to you too!

I couldn't agree more! Writing down thoughts is a great way of focusing on the positives and really helps to keep everything in perspective - especially with all the hormones running wild!

It's so important to enjoy this special time and not let any negativity or worries overwhelm us. Congrats to you too and here's to a healthy pregnancy journey!

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
Writing things down is a great outlet for releasing any built up emotions - especially given how hormone levels fluctuate so much during pregnancy which can leave us feeling a little all over the place at times! It's so easy to let worries take hold, but focusing on the positive and being mindful of the special journey we're on really helps keep everything in check. Congrats again!!

Hormonal fluctuations can definitely play havoc with our emotions! Writing things down is a healthy way to process those ups and downs, and I love how you frame it as an opportunity to focus on the positive and appreciate this special journey. Congrats to you too!

51HZ2ZM4eyL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Reactions: koala

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu