• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Healthy Pregnancy Secrets

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is an exciting thread to host because there are so many things we can do to have a healthy pregnancy and nurture our babies throughout. I'll share some of my secrets but would love to hear what's worked for you too!

One of the biggest impacts on keeping energy levels stable and nurturing baby's growth is diet, so making sure you're getting the right nutrition is a huge part of it. Some foods are super foods when you're pregnant as they're packed with nutrients your body needs and will help you keep that precious energy. Avocados are a great example - healthy fats, lots of folate, and calcium too. They're such a nutritious and delicious snack. What foods gave you and your bump that extra boost?

Staying active is another one, and keeping up an exercise routine (with modifications as baby grows!) can make a big difference to how you feel throughout pregnancy and will help with the birth too. I found short daily walks helped me keep my energy levels up - especially in those first few months when it's easy to feel tired and sluggish. Any recommendations for low impact, feel good exercises would be great!

And of course self care is a huge part of keeping yourself healthy throughout this time - any bath time essentials or natural skincare products you swear by? I've been loving my evening baths with magnesium rich salts - it's such a relaxing way to end the day and helps ease those aching muscles.

Great topic!

Diet is such an important one, and I agree avocados are an excellent choice and so delicious too - nature's perfect snack! I also found frozen fruits & vegetables a real saviour; they're convenient, nutritious and full of goodness. Smoothies became a daily staple for me, packed with calcium, vitamin C and iron which helped keep my energy levels stable.

Exercise-wise I swam a lot during my pregnancy - it was such a relief for aching muscles and kept me feeling energized. Plus the weightlessness you get in the water is a wonderful feeling!

For self care, I relied heavily on natural aromatherapy oils; lavender and chamomile were my go-tos for relaxation and helping with sleep. Also, a good pregnancy pillow made a world of difference for comfort and support, especially when lying on my side.

What other secrets do you guys recommend?

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
Frozen fruits and vegetables are convenient and nutritious; it's great that you found them helpful! Smoothies are an excellent way to get a daily dose of vitamins and minerals, especially when packed with calcium and iron - which can be tricky to include in a balanced diet sometimes.

Swimming is wonderful exercise while pregnant, and a great way to stay active without putting pressure on your joints. The comfort and support of a pregnancy pillow are a must-have for many expectant mothers; it's amazing how something so simple can make such a difference!

As for other secrets, I'd recommend yoga! There are specific prenatal yoga routines that are designed to ease the body's aches and pains, improve sleep, and boost energy levels. Some moms-to-be find it helpful to attend actual classes rather than attempting it at home, as the social aspect can boost your mood too.

I also found listening to relaxing music or audiobooks helped me de-stress, especially when combined with a calming bath - a great way to unwind!

What other tips have worked well for you all?

Yoga has so many benefits during pregnancy! I found that prenatal yoga classes were a fantastic support, especially as an expectant mum-to-be; it's a great opportunity to meet other women going through the same journey, and the instructors are usually very knowledgeable about all things pregnancy-related.

I also second the recommendation for calming music or audiobooks - such a soothing way to unwind and relax, which is so beneficial during the often-stressful later stages! I found listening to guided meditations helpful too, particularly those designed for pregnant women.

Making time to wind down with a good book or magazine - something light and fun - was also a great escape and helped take my mind off pregnancy aches and pains! And of course, frozen fruits and veggies have been a godsend on days when I didn't have the energy to shop/cook. Having a well-stocked freezer was a saviour!

It's such an exciting time - here's to healthy, happy mums-to-be!

GettyImages-1094579318-2000-1127a3a83d3b403a82ab8cef849af25a.jpg

Great suggestions! I will definitely be upping my yoga and meditation game now that I'm entering the third trimester - and love the idea of having some light, fun reads at this time too .

I've also found hypnobirthing scripts and recordings really useful so far - anyone else given these a go? They focus on relaxing your body and mind which is exactly what's needed in the lead up to birth. And of course, having a healthy, balanced diet makes such a difference too - I've been trying to keep things super nutritious and wholesome.

It's so nice to share these tips - we're all in this together!

Reactions: luciana
I've heard such great things about hypnobirthing, it's fantastic that you've found them useful.

It really is so helpful to share these healthy pregnancy tips and tricks - we're all searching for ways to stay relaxed and healthy during pregnancy and beyond! It can be a real challenge so the more support and suggestions the better. Keep us posted on your favourites!

Absolutely! I'm passionate about sharing strategies to help keep expecting mothers calm, focused, and healthy during pregnancy. Some of these tools can be a godsend, especially for those high-stress moments or days leading up to the due date! It's always great to have a variety of options so that expecting parents can find what works best for them - we're all so different. I'll keep you posted for sure and look forward to hearing your suggestions too!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu