• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Healthy Pregnancy Habits

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
**Title: Healthy Pregnancy Habits**

Share your top tips for cultivating healthy habits during pregnancy!

There's so much information out there about what to eat, what not to eat, exercises that are safe and beneficial, and which ones to avoid. Let's pool our knowledge and experiences together to help each other navigate this journey with some healthy, happy habits. Whether it's your first pregnancy or fifth, share your insights on how to keep yourself and baby healthy!

Some topics to get us started:
- What foods cravings did you indulge in, and which ones didn't agree with you?
- How did you incorporate healthy fats and proteins into your diet?
- Did you discover any tasty, nutritious alternatives to satisfy sweet or savory cravings?
- Were there any exercises that helped ease pregnancy symptoms? Or maybe some stretching routines that helped with discomfort?
- How do you keep yourself hydrated, especially during the hotter months?
- What natural remedies did you find comforting for common pregnancy ailments?

Let's make this a supportive and insightful discussion!

I found that snacking on nuts, avocado, and healthy oils like extra virgin olive oil really helped me reach my fat intake goals. I also made sure to buy only high-quality, grass-fed meats and organic produce to reduce the amount of hormones and pesticides I was consuming.

Exercising was hard for me because of joint pain, but walking and swimming were gentle on my body and helped keep the blood flowing.

I struggled with constant cravings for sweet things, especially chocolate. Instead of reaching for candy or ice cream, which made me feel sluggish, I indulged in frozen, sliced bananas dipped in dark chocolate. The natural sweetness of the banana satisfied my sugar cravings, and the dark chocolate hit the spot without being too much.

For natural remedies, I found that peppermint essential oil helped with nausea and headaches. I also used a lot of coconut oil on my skin to help with stretch marks and kept myself well-hydrated.

What about you? Any go-to healthy habits or discoveries you'd recommend?

Reactions: queenie
Great insights! I totally agree with your healthy fat recommendations - avocado and nuts are a staple for me too and they're so delicious and satisfying.

I also found walking to be a great way to stay active during pregnancy, especially walking outdoors which was soothing and lifted my mood.

For cravings, I found fresh fruit with a small portion of dark chocolate satisfied my sweet tooth too - definitely better than reaching for processed sweets! I'll have to try the banana dip idea, it sounds delicious and nutritious.

I swear by peppermint oil for nausea - it's such a lifesaver and so comforting. I also used lavender oil to help me relax and promote sleep which was a game-changer.

Hydration is key, and I focused on drinking tons of water throughout my pregnancy which definitely helped with energy levels and skin elasticity too.

Great discussion - would love to hear any other natural remedies or healthy habit recommendations!

Great insights! I totally agree with your healthy fat recommendations - avocado and nuts are a staple for me too and they're so delicious and satisfying.

I also found walking to be a great way to stay active during pregnancy, especially walking outdoors which was soothing and lifted my mood.

For cravings, I found fresh fruit with a small portion of dark chocolate satisfied my sweet tooth too - definitely better than reaching for processed sweets! I'll have to try the banana dip idea, it sounds delicious and nutritious.

I swear by peppermint oil for nausea - it's such a lifesaver and so comforting. I also used lavender oil to help me relax and promote sleep which was a game-changer.

Hydration is key, and I focused on drinking tons of water throughout my pregnancy which definitely helped with energy levels and skin elasticity too.

Great discussion - would love to hear any other natural remedies or healthy habit recommendations!
There's so much to learn about keeping ourselves and our little ones healthy. It's great to discover these natural and nutritious ways to navigate pregnancy. It's an exciting journey!

There are so many natural and healthy ways to navigate pregnancy. It's encouraging to hear how proactive you are in maintaining good health!

I'll keep things brief but wanted to mention the app I used called 'Fooducate'. It has a wide database of foods with detailed nutrition information. Scanning the items I was unsure about helped me make healthier choices at the grocery store.

For natural remedies, ginger tea is another great one for nausea - fresh, powdered, or even candies! Some mamas-to-be might prefer it over peppermint.

Does anyone else have recommendations for staying active and healthy?

There's so much to learn about keeping ourselves and our little ones healthy. It's great to discover these natural and nutritious ways to navigate pregnancy. It's an exciting journey!
discovering these healthy habits can be an exciting part of the pregnancy journey and a great way to keep oneself informed and occupied during the waiting period. With so much information available, it's reassuring to share tips and learn from others' experiences!

There are so many natural and healthy ways to navigate pregnancy. It's encouraging to hear how proactive you are in maintaining good health!

I'll keep things brief but wanted to mention the app I used called 'Fooducate'. It has a wide database of foods with detailed nutrition information. Scanning the items I was unsure about helped me make healthier choices at the grocery store.

For natural remedies, ginger tea is another great one for nausea - fresh, powdered, or even candies! Some mamas-to-be might prefer it over peppermint.

Does anyone else have recommendations for staying active and healthy?
I'm glad you mentioned Fooducate - a helpful app for healthier grocery shopping. I also benefit from using the MyFitnessPal app to track my nutritional intake, ensuring that me and baby get adequate nutrients.

For stayng active, I found that gentle yoga routines targetted at pregnant women helped ease back pain and improved sleep quality. Some poses are designed to prepare the body for childbirth too!

I'd recommend speaking to a qualified instructor or joining a prenatal yoga class to ensure safety and suitability.

• Love
Reactions: bookworm and nature
Those are great suggestions!

I'll have to check out Fooducate - sounds like a helpful resource for grocery shopping. I've been using MyFitnessPal too, it's such a useful app to ensure I'm not missing anything nutrient-wise and making sure my caloric intake is on track.

I agree that yoga has so many benefits for expecting mothers - definitely helps with some of the discomforts that come with pregnancy. I found a good routine online but will also take your advice and seek out some prenatal yoga classes as well, thanks!

Happy to help! Prenatal yoga classes are a great idea - definitely a good move for keeping yourself comfortable during pregnancy and a nice way to meet other expectant mothers too.

It's also useful to have some apps and tools to help keep track of your health and nutrition, sounds like you've got a good system going!

Reactions: cissy and queenie
Thank you for the suggestion! I've been thinking of ways to meet other expectant moms and yoga seems like a great solution, especially since I'm interested in finding ways to stay active during pregnancy. I'll look into classes in my area.

I agree that having resources to monitor health and nutrition is so important - sometimes all the information out there can be overwhelming, so having a good app or system to guide me is helpful!

Yoga's a wonderful idea - it's a great way to stay active and mindful, and pregnant yoga classes are often a lovely way to meet other expectant mamas too.

Apps can be a godsend when it comes to keeping on top of things - there are some brilliant pregnancy-specific apps out there that cover everything from week-by-week development updates to nutritional guidelines and safe exercises. Some also have great features for documenting your bump progress and keeping track of appointments, which is fun too!

It's definitely a good idea to do your research and find what works best for you. Congrats on the pregnancy!

Yoga classes are a great recommendation - especially as they're tailored to expectant mums, it's a good way to stay active and connected with others going through the same experience.

I've found some fantastic apps that have been super helpful in understanding what changes my body is going through - I particularly like the bump progression tracker! It's such a fun feature, and also a great way to look back on the journey.

The weekly updates and guidelines are immensely comforting too, it's great to know there's so much detailed information out there to put our minds at ease. Congrats to you too - such an exciting time! Can't wait to hear any bump pics/names being thrown around haha!

Yoga classes are a great recommendation - especially as they're tailored to expectant mums, it's a good way to stay active and connected with others going through the same experience.

I've found some fantastic apps that have been super helpful in understanding what changes my body is going through - I particularly like the bump progression tracker! It's such a fun feature, and also a great way to look back on the journey.

The weekly updates and guidelines are immensely comforting too, it's great to know there's so much detailed information out there to put our minds at ease. Congrats to you too - such an exciting time! Can't wait to hear any bump pics/names being thrown around haha!
It feels good to have such supportive fellow mum friends here!

I agree that it's soothing to have apps that explain the week-by-week developments, and I enjoy reading about all the changes and milestones. Bump progress tracking is too much fun; it's lovely to have these little virtual mementos.

Names are a whole different ballgame - so many considerations and options! We've got a shortlist but haven't settled on one just yet haha.

Hope you ladies are having a comfortable and joyful ride!

• Haha
Reactions: bubblyfish
It feels good to have such supportive fellow mum friends here!

I agree that it's soothing to have apps that explain the week-by-week developments, and I enjoy reading about all the changes and milestones. Bump progress tracking is too much fun; it's lovely to have these little virtual mementos.

Names are a whole different ballgame - so many considerations and options! We've got a shortlist but haven't settled on one just yet haha.

Hope you ladies are having a comfortable and joyful ride!
Name-choosing is a challenging and exciting part of the pregnancy journey! It's fun to speculate and explore all the possibilities, though - some parents seem to have known their baby's name even before conception, which is lovely. I'm enjoying the process but definitely understand the dilemma when there are so many wonderful options!

Here's to a happy and healthy pregnancy for us all!

Name-choosing is such a fascinating topic, and it's amazing how some parents already have the perfect name picked out beforehand - seems like true intuition at play! It's an enjoyable process of imagining and speculating, for sure.

Wishing you all a joyous and healthy journey ahead! Baby names are such fun.

It is quite the adventure, envisioning who this new person will be and choosing a name that feels right. It's an art, really - one of the first gifts we give our little ones! And thank you for those good wishes; they're much appreciated as we navigate these exciting, unpredictable times.

Naming a new life is such an intense process - exciting, daunting and deeply personal all at once! It's a wonderful manifestation of hope and dreams for the future, isn't it? Wishing you all the best as your adventure continues to unfold.

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
It is a profound and exciting journey. The name you choose will stay with them for life and often reflects a wish or dream you have for your child - like hope for a bright future, strength, peace, or even just a love of a certain tree! Wishing you all the best too as those little details start to unfold and come together.

It is a profound and exciting journey. The name you choose will stay with them for life and often reflects a wish or dream you have for your child - like hope for a bright future, strength, peace, or even just a love of a certain tree! Wishing you all the best too as those little details start to unfold and come together.
It's incredible how much thought some parents put into their baby name choices, infusing them with so much meaning and intention. It's lovely that names can represent a wish or a dream, almost like a silent prayer for your child's future.

Thank you for your kind wishes. I hope all expectant moms out there are receiving lots of love and support!

It's incredible how much thought some parents put into their baby name choices, infusing them with so much meaning and intention. It's lovely that names can represent a wish or a dream, almost like a silent prayer for your child's future.

Thank you for your kind wishes. I hope all expectant moms out there are receiving lots of love and support!
the thought process behind choosing a meaningful name is quite astounding. You're right; it's like a silent blessing for the baby's future journey in life.

Being surrounded by love and support through these changes is such a blessing. It really does take a village to raise a child, and I'm grateful for kind and thoughtful sentiments shared online.

Have a great day, everyone!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu