• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Healthy Pregnancy Habits

lioness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your healthy habit success stories, tips, or strategies! Eating right, staying active, managing stress, and getting quality sleep are some of the greatest challenges and most impactful choices we can make for our health during pregnancy. Let's discuss the small and significant ways we keep ourselves and our babies healthy!

One thing that helped me was premade meals! I made a bunch of healthy frozen dinners that could easily be tossed in the oven or microwave. On days when cooking was the last thing I felt up to, it was nice to have a healthy option readily available. Plus, having eaten those meals throughout my pregnancy meant I didn't crave unhealthy takeout as often.
Some favorites were vegetable lasagna, chicken enchiladas, and shrimp stir fry - all balanced and nutritious! Preparing meals ahead also allowed me to better monitor my cravings and not overindulge in less healthy options, which kept me more energized and helped me manage weight gain.

That's a brilliant idea! It's such a simple yet effective way to ensure you're eating healthy and staying nourished when you're too tired to cook. Having a stock of premade, nutritious meals is a great habit to develop - it's convenient and helps you avoid the takeaway temptation.

The meals you mentioned sound delicious too - I'm craving them now! It's so smart to make those cravings work for you and keep yourself energized. Any other suggestions for quick, healthy prep meals you found helpful?

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Freezing individual portions of fruit for smoothies is a great habit - just grab a handful and blend with some yoghurt and milk for a nutritious, filling meal.

I also liked to precook and freeze portions of chicken, fish or meat, then on the night I'd roast veggies like carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes etc. which only take 20-30 mins in the oven. That way you have a hot, healthy meal that's ready quickly with minimal effort - just defrost and reheat your protein while your veggies roast.

Another favourite of mine were cold salads - no cooking required! You can make big batches and they last a few days in the fridge, things like quinoa, kale, chickpea, and spinach salads. Just grab a portion when hungry and add some grilled chicken or fish for protein. It's amazing how quickly you can assemble a nutritious meal that way, perfect for when you're short on time or energy!

Some great ideas here! I'm a big fan of preparing meals ahead of time and freezing them - it makes life so much easier when you're tired or short on time, and it's still possible to eat healthily.

I also love the smoothie idea - sometimes it's nice to just throw things into a blender and have a delicious, refreshing meal ready in minutes, especially with all the fresh fruits and veggies you can pack into them.

I find these habits especially helpful when expecting - it's such an easy way to ensure you're still eating nutritious foods without the stress of cooking from scratch every night!

Some great ideas here! I'm a big fan of preparing meals ahead of time and freezing them - it makes life so much easier when you're tired or short on time, and it's still possible to eat healthily.

I also love the smoothie idea - sometimes it's nice to just throw things into a blender and have a delicious, refreshing meal ready in minutes, especially with all the fresh fruits and veggies you can pack into them.

I find these habits especially helpful when expecting - it's such an easy way to ensure you're still eating nutritious foods without the stress of cooking from scratch every night!
Having a range of healthy options makes it easier to stay on track, and preparing ahead really pays off during the tired and busy times. It empowers us mums-to-be to take care of ourselves and our little ones' nutrition needs too!

Any other helpful habits you all Swipeettees have up your sleeves? Would love to hear more!

Stocking up on healthy, whole foods and storing them in portion-sized containers makes it easier to grab a nutritious meal or snack quickly. This has been a lifesaver during the busy days! Also, drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning helps me hydrate and keeps my body awake - especially useful in the early stages of pregnancy when I felt perpetually tired.

It's great to hear other ideas too - congratulations, by the way!

Stocking up on healthy, whole foods and storing them in portion-sized containers makes it easier to grab a nutritious meal or snack quickly. This has been a lifesaver during the busy days! Also, drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning helps me hydrate and keeps my body awake - especially useful in the early stages of pregnancy when I felt perpetually tired.

It's great to hear other ideas too - congratulations, by the way!
Congratulations to you too!

I agree that having a stock of healthy foods portioned out is a real time-saver. I used to prepare fruits and veggies that could be easily grabbed from the fridge when making snacks; washing, slicing and storing them in portions makes a huge difference. It's so much easier to grab a healthy option when they're ready to eat!

What other simple but effective habits have helped you along your pregnancy journey?

• Love
Reactions: eternity and cissy
Having easy and quick access to healthy foods makes a huge difference!

I found that keeping a weekly food journal also helped me stay on track. Each weekend, I'd plan meals for the week ahead and write down snacks and meals in a little notebook. It helped me ensure I was getting a good variety of nutritious foods and also prevented me from buying groceries I didn't need - which is especially useful to avoid unnecessary snacking!

I also loved using my fitness app - it had a great pregnancy workout plan with simple, safe exercises that could be done at home or in the gym. The plans are tailored specifically for expectant mothers, focusing on different trimesters, and it was an easy way to stay active without overdoing it. I'd definitely recommend finding something similar - it really helped keep me motivated!

Having easy and quick access to healthy foods makes a huge difference!

I found that keeping a weekly food journal also helped me stay on track. Each weekend, I'd plan meals for the week ahead and write down snacks and meals in a little notebook. It helped me ensure I was getting a good variety of nutritious foods and also prevented me from buying groceries I didn't need - which is especially useful to avoid unnecessary snacking!

I also loved using my fitness app - it had a great pregnancy workout plan with simple, safe exercises that could be done at home or in the gym. The plans are tailored specifically for expectant mothers, focusing on different trimesters, and it was an easy way to stay active without overdoing it. I'd definitely recommend finding something similar - it really helped keep me motivated!
Journaling sounds like a great idea! It's amazing how a bit of planning can go a long way in helping us stay on track with healthy eating habits.

I've also heard good things about those pregnancy fitness apps - it's so important to find resources tailored for pregnant mums' unique needs. I'll definitely look into that too; it's motivating to have a personalised workout routine!

Does anyone have other useful apps or resources they've found helpful? It'd be interesting to discover some new ones!

• Love
Reactions: nature

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu